**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A rant about the side quests.

2»

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

ItsDamien said:

pop_tarts said:

Wubbie075 said:

OP, people are reacting this way because there are threads like this ALL. THE. TIME. And they always go the same way.

OP: "This content is impossible!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!
    Community: "It's not impossible. I did it with the same guys you have available."
    OP: "Well maybe not everyone is as good as you!!!"
    Community: "Practice and get better"
    OP: "Thanks for the advice ****. OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT UNDERSTANDING THE PROBLEM!!!"

Like pretty much everyone has said. Develop your roster. Get better. If you can't finish it, it's not for you...... yet.

I am a Cav player who has literally never finished a single path in Cav EQ. Do a search and find how many posts I've made crying that it is too hard. (Here's a hint, it's 0) And this is content I am supposed to be ale to do at my level.

You just need to get better. Just like I do.

if there's so many threads then WHO CARES. IT'S A RANT.
    Rants are neither constructive nor criticism, and shouldn't be made as the forums rules state to keep posts constructive in their feedback.

Feel free to rant on other social media, like Twitter or on one of the many MCOC subreddits.
    I feel like rants can be criticism though, like unless it's a blind rant. This is just an angry criticism rant about the sq.

Plus ew reddit
    Rants can be criticism, but as you stated this is just angry rant. There's nothing constructive about it. Keep this in mind for future posts.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    As someone else started, my main gripe about side quests is how much of a grind they tend to be. Kabam should design them as normal and then cut the fights in half. They're almost always twice as long as they should be.

The only other thing I will say is the game is about skill and counters. If you got insane skill, you can do most anything with any champ. If you're average, you need to focus on counters. If you're taking up a champ and you haven't thought what does this counter, you should rethink that rankup unless you're overflowing with resources.
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    The opponents never change so figure out who on your roster you can counter each fought with and after a few tries you will have a team that works perfectly.
  • pop_tartspop_tarts Posts: 24
    Drenlin said:

The opponents never change so figure out who on your roster you can counter each fought with and after a few tries you will have a team that works perfectly.

yeah huge issue with that
    i only have 5 champs that are 3k
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,754 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

DawsMan said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

I'll say this, I think that if your only in act 4 or maybe act 5, the side events shouldn't have the defenders that came out 2 years later and are only found in act 6,7 and beyond. Your not used to fighting them nor do you probably have decent counters for them.

Dunno about the SQ, but I'm sure Kabam said somewhere that they don't put difficult champions(paths/bosses) in lower difficulty EQs.
    check the sq, lowest difficulty. 10k+ champs vs. my weak 2k champs
    I soloed the path with a maxed out 3* CAIW on my alt...so it's definitely doable
    you may have the skill but some people really don't
    It's just parry heavy with cap IW. Idk how much skill that takes (parry issues aside). Also, you have better champions than a maxed three star. He's just saying he can do it with a worse champion and that makes it doable for someone with higher ranked champions.
    1. You assume I have a Cap IW and ignore the rng based crystal mechanics.
    2. No, if it was 'doable', I wouldn't have trouble, would I?
    And you just said you don't have the skill to do it, so practice
    Practice?! Wow, what a helpful idea that I sure didn't think about! It's that easy!
    Dude you're completely ignoring the point of my rant. It shouldn't be insanely difficult for beginners to the game have blocked off resources that they need.
    It isn't that difficult. And if you can't do it, don't. What resources do you need and what's your roster like?
    YES. YES IT IS THAT DIFFICULT.
    I need T4, class T4, iso, gold, 5 star shards, and maybe 4 star shards. I have 3 4 stars: Spider-Gwen, Wolverine, Red Skull, and Scarlet Witch. One 5*: Guillotine 2099. They're all roughly around 3,000. I cannot face opponents that are 10k+ above yet, and I cannot even claim some stupid 3* shards because of the freaking annoying enemies.
    This is very simple. 1. You only have a couple 4* but say you need 5*. You do not. You need to grow your 4* roster. 2. Your doing a difficulty thats more than what you need.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    pop_tarts said:

Drenlin said:

yeah huge issue with that
    i only have 5 champs that are 3k
    PI (the 3k you reference) doesn't mean anything in this game. Team rating doesn't even mean anything in this game. Realm of Legends has a team rating of 9,999,999. That doesn't even exist. It's just there to give you an approximation of the difficulty level.

If you're taking unavoidable damage, that's one thing, but if you're taking block damage - stop! There's really not an easier way to say this. You can parry and attack (like I do, that's my preferred playstyle) but that involves taking chip damage. You can learn to intercept, instead and avoid damage altogether.

This game involves a lot of learning once you get past the first few acts. Learn champs, learn moves, learn abilities, learn strategies. If you don't enjoy learning, you won't enjoy this game, sorry.

Now, if you're interested in learning how to get better, go start posting in Strategies & Tips with what you got, and you will be surprised how helpful people will be to teach you.

Another thing - I haven't seen them, but fix your masteries. I been lvl 60 for years, pretty sure you could get it before starting act 5. Grind the stuff you probably only explored one time and grow your roster. I have a feeling you just blasted through most of the content until it starts getting too hard. But the thing is, that happens here ALL THE TIME. So, no one is going to sympathize with you. You have to do the things you "don't need" to get better.

Also, just so you know this game is a grinding game. If you don't enjoy that, then cut your losses now. You will have to grind for everything. A quick rundown of this game: Grind level 60 and get all your mastery points (too many people skipping this step imo). Play arena for units (and BC), and to learn about all the different champs. Work on saving pots/revives. Save 4 hr crystals (stackable). Attempt content and fail at it. Practice and overcome it. Use pots/revives/units saved to assist you along the way.

If the SQ content is too hard for you - don't do it. You said it has what you need. Have you tried looking under Special Quests and clicking on Road to the Labyrinth to do some of the content there? Have you gone under Back Issues and tried to do the classic versions? Pretty sure the answer is no because you'd have more at your disposal.

One last thing - you said team rating was 7500 - you chose Master level and complained, not beginner. "Beginner" is heroic, and has stuff you don't want, that's a team rating of 2300, and probably better built for you team, if you're using that as a guide. But don't say something is hard without effectively trying anything. Obviously, you lost a club when you got scrubbed. I can empathize with part, but it's because it has happened to all of us at one point in time. Thing is though, you can use that defeat as motivation to improve your skill level. Ultimately, it's a you problem, but if you need help, there's a bunch of people here willing!
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    Abn86 makes a good point here about masteries they make a huge difference to your roster as a whole. I have maxed 3*s with ratings over 2500 so if your 4 and 5 stars are only at 3k they’re either too low rank or your masteries still need some investing in. Either way you may just be “punching above your weight class”
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I'll say this, I think that if your only in act 4 or maybe act 5, the side events shouldn't have the defenders that came out 2 years later and are only found in act 6,7 and beyond. Your not used to fighting them nor do you probably have decent counters for them.

That's not true. Every monthly quest, there is a Doom, Korg, Nick Fury, etc. in master difficulty. It's not like you do players a favour by coddling them. They will face them in arena's anyway.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    You're trying epic with a 14k team. Yeah, that's not appropriate. Do master.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,146 ★★★★★
    pop_tarts said:

DawsMan said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

Dunno about the SQ, but I'm sure Kabam said somewhere that they don't put difficult champions(paths/bosses) in lower difficulty EQs.
    I soloed the path with a maxed out 3* CAIW on my alt...so it's definitely doable
    It's just parry heavy with cap IW. Idk how much skill that takes (parry issues aside). Also, you have better champions than a maxed three star. He's just saying he can do it with a worse champion and that makes it doable for someone with higher ranked champions.
    You don't need cap iw. you can do it with anybody. Doable is objective, just because you lack the skills required to complete a nodeless, simple quest, does not make it any less doable.
  • pop_tartspop_tarts Posts: 24

You're trying epic with a 14k team. Yeah, that's not appropriate. Do master.

did you like
    not read the part where i said lowest difficulty
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

DawsMan said:

pop_tarts said:

pop_tarts said:

Malreck04 said:

Buttehrs said:

And you just said you don't have the skill to do it, so practice
    Practice?! Wow, what a helpful idea that I sure didn't think about! It's that easy!
    Dude you're completely ignoring the point of my rant. It shouldn't be insanely difficult for beginners to the game have blocked off resources that they need.
    It isn't that difficult. And if you can't do it, don't. What resources do you need and what's your roster like?
    YES. YES IT IS THAT DIFFICULT.
    I need T4, class T4, iso, gold, 5 star shards, and maybe 4 star shards. I have 3 4 stars: Spider-Gwen, Wolverine, Red Skull, and Scarlet Witch. One 5*: Guillotine 2099. They're all roughly around 3,000. I cannot face opponents that are 10k+ above yet, and I cannot even claim some stupid 3* shards because of the freaking annoying enemies.
    Doesn't full exploration of Heroic EQ difficulty award a 4* Captain Marvel? Heck I didn't even realize that until I looked: it has been a while since I've actually paid attention. The America Chavez boss on the final map is only a 4.2k 4* so exploring Heroic shouldn't be too difficult. You also get 25 T4CC fragment crystals (about 50% of a T4CC net), 1200 4* shards, 1000 5* shards, some T1A and a fully formed T4B.

If you only have three four star champs and one 5* champ and they are not ranked up, you probably haven't been fully exploring monthly EQ yet (or at all). You should be spending your time there first: the difficulty relative to rewards in the monthly EQ is much lower. Side quests tend to take less time to complete but have higher difficulty: they are faster but harder, and you need to either ramp up your skill level or ramp up your roster for side quests to be a good place for rewards.