Summer camp shop has ZERO fault tolerance in token usage

lallallallal Member Posts: 8
I bought the summer resort and I just realized one thing. You HAVE to spend EACH of 4 tokens once before you go to the 5th item.

I bought summer resort pass and my first 4 tokens are: 1 red, 2 green and 1 blue.

That means I will have 1 more yellow and 1 less green in the end, so I can never buy the second last item, which is 6400 6 star shards.

Is Kabam going to allow conversion between these tokens? Otherwise it is a little unfair for those who bought summer resort pass, like me.

Comments

• killa69dmxkilla69dmx Member Posts: 25
    If wait intil you have all tokens or better yet check out richtheman on YouTube he has guide to show you best way to spend your tokens
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    ChriissR said:

With the summoner resort pass you can buy literally every item in the shop ONE time. You will have enough tokens for everything.

Not true. With the pass plus you can buy an extra green item (4* shards) before everything unlocks. But if you do you’re screwed.

• PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    lallal said:

I bought the summer resort and I just realized one thing. You HAVE to spend EACH of 4 tokens once before you go to the 5th item.

I bought summer resort pass and my first 4 tokens are: 1 red, 2 green and 1 blue.

That means I will have 1 more yellow and 1 less green in the end, so I can never buy the second last item, which is 6400 6 star shards.

Is Kabam going to allow conversion between these tokens? Otherwise it is a little unfair for those who bought summer resort pass, like me.

I understand you made a mistake in buying 4 star shards more than 1 time. You can get the 6 star shards in the end if you skip the cavalier crystals in the middle if you want and get the 6 star shards in the end.
    Can you explain why it is unfair? The canteen store lasts a week more than the milestones. You can wait, get all the milestones and then claim everything one by one. The store is designed so the order of buying is the same as the items you get from the summoner camp. If you take 15 minutes to go through the milestones and the store, this is pretty clear.
  • lallallallal Member Posts: 8
    Pulyaman said:

lallal said:

I understand you made a mistake in buying 4 star shards more than 1 time. You can get the 6 star shards in the end if you skip the cavalier crystals in the middle if you want and get the 6 star shards in the end.
    Can you explain why it is unfair? The canteen store lasts a week more than the milestones. You can wait, get all the milestones and then claim everything one by one. The store is designed so the order of buying is the same as the items you get from the summoner camp. If you take 15 minutes to go through the milestones and the store, this is pretty clear.
    Maybe I was wrong, but here is what I found.

In the store, after 4 items, each item, say the Xth item, requires spending X-1 tokens to unlock. So there's no way to "SKIP" any item.

Also I counted the total number of tokens, there are only 28 tokens. The store lasting one week more doesn't produce any new tokens.
    lallal said:

Pulyaman said:

lallal said:

Maybe I was wrong, but here is what I found.

In the store, after 4 items, each item, say the Xth item, requires spending X-1 tokens to unlock. So there's no way to "SKIP" any item.

Also I counted the total number of tokens, there are only 28 tokens. The store lasting one week more doesn't produce any new tokens.
    One possible solution is spending another yellow token on the first 4 items, and give up one cavalier crystal and the last item. But that's still not a good choice.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Member Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    lallal said:

Pulyaman said:

lallal said:

No you already spent the token that was meant for the cav crystal (or whatever else you want to skip).
    Voltolos said:

lallal said:

Pulyaman said:

lallal said:

No you already spent the token that was meant for the cav crystal (or whatever else you want to skip).
    OK, let's say the cav crystal is the 6th item (no difference if it is 6th or 16th or whatever).

If I want to SKIP this item and save the token. I have to buy the 7th item directly. And the 7th item requires spending 6 tokens before. If I want to buy the 7th item without purchasing the 6th, I have to spend one more token among item 1~4. That's what I mean "I cannot skip".
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    I opened a ticket for the same problem. Kabam said that it can t refund me the token....i hope they will put a sort of exchange for tokens
    edited July 2021
    lallal said:

Voltolos said:

lallal said:

Pulyaman said:

lallal said:

OK, let's say the cav crystal is the 6th item (no difference if it is 6th or 16th or whatever).

If I want to SKIP this item and save the token. I have to buy the 7th item directly. And the 7th item requires spending 6 tokens before. If I want to buy the 7th item without purchasing the 6th, I have to spend one more token among item 1~4. That's what I mean "I cannot skip".
    Yes. You spent the token meant for cav crystal on 4 star shards. So, you missed out on the cav crystal. So, I don't know what you are expecting kabam to do. They are not going to transform 1 token to another because that will open a whole other can of worms which no one wants to deal with. Example. I don't need 4 star ag, I have several unopened 4 star ag crystal and overflow of generic. If Kabam will change the token, I can buy more t4b instead of 4 star ag. I am thinking several others have similar requests.
  • ChriissRChriissR Member Posts: 652 ★★★★
    Nalak8 said:

ChriissR said:

With the summoner resort pass you can buy literally every item in the shop ONE time. You will have enough tokens for everything.

Not true. With the pass plus you can buy an extra green item (4* shards) before everything unlocks. But if you do you’re screwed.

That's literally what I said. Just buy every item once and you will have enough tokens for 1 of every item in the store.
  • slackerslacker Member Posts: 774 ★★★★
    Or maybe just hoard them, wait until the final token and then choose what to buy, you literally have 3 months+ to calculate and plan what to buy.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Member Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    This is so confusing
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,543 ★★★★★
    It is confusing and the likely result is I'm not going to spend a token until the very end then calculate my path thru.
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,479 Guardian
    @Cat_Murdock also recently dropped a guide for this
  • JMORG1111JMORG1111 Member Posts: 178 ★★
    Real question is why was the purchase limit set at greater than 1? If the goal was to get one of everything, don't give summoners the option to screw it up. This is very confusing and really not a good design for the event. However, it's free stuff so I guess in the end it doesn't really matter.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Member Posts: 734 ★★★
    Every month people do stuff before they fully understand it and then blame Kabam for their impatience.

Slow down. Ask questions. THEN do it.

Should things be simpler? Perhaps. But they aren't. You either adapt to the reality you are presented with or accept constant disappointment. Screaming at the clouds is not going to make it stop raining.
    JMORG1111 said:

Real question is why was the purchase limit set at greater than 1? If the goal was to get one of everything, don't give summoners the option to screw it up. This is very confusing and really not a good design for the event. However, it's free stuff so I guess in the end it doesn't really matter.

Very very simple. For people who are below uncollected, they can only get the first 4 items but they can get 14 tokens if they don't spend money or get 28 tokens if they buy the summoner pass or pass plus. If you count, we can but 28 items from the first 4 rows. If that option is not there, they can only buy 4 items. The design is not the issue, people are impatient to get the items before they fully understand the reason behind the design.
    Wubbie075 said:

Every month people do stuff before they fully understand it and then blame Kabam for their impatience.

Slow down. Ask questions. THEN do it.

Should things be simpler? Perhaps. But they aren't. You either adapt to the reality you are presented with or accept constant disappointment. Screaming at the clouds is not going to make it stop raining.

After the ban wave we had after the mutant side quest, I simply stopped doing the side quest in the first week. For one, it takes some time to read and understand what we need to do. Second, there are bugs which summoners sometime exploit unintentionally and get a ban, which I don't want to do. Unless we need to do the SEQ every day, I simply don't touch it for a week atleast. Same with this canteen store. I did the fights and will claim the tokens, but will not touch the store till the end of the event.
  • JoeqwJoeqw Member Posts: 56
    The potential for mistakes is created early so that It can be turned into potential revenue during the final days of this event. Be patient and careful or spend a little if you want the top rewards. Little painful for players. I don’t like it, but it’s a smart revenue generator for the game maker.
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    Joeqw said:

The potential for mistakes is created early so that It can be turned into potential revenue during the final days of this event. Be patient and careful or spend a little if you want the top rewards. Little painful for players. I don’t like it, but it’s a smart revenue generator for the game maker.

No, they just tried to design a calendar that lets ftp get some and spenders get lots. The complicated part is a side effect and not originally designed to make money. However, if you aren't careful, you can easily get yourself into a pickle.