**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Items expiring and Kabam problem addressing

Nataku20Nataku20 Posts: 26
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
As most people know the game latest release has seen a surge on bugs, these are not isolated bugs that keep the game playable but overall gameplay bugs that affect all aspects of the game.

Kabam acknowledged the game early on and sent a compensation package knowing it would take some time to fix the issue, that was great and for that I applaud you.

Ten days have passed since that release and a fix its supposed to be about to start beta, great but very late, 10 days it’s simple too much time and for the actual fix who knows how many extra days it will take. We have seen several cases where pro-player bugs is “fixed” within 24 hours. If feels that there is a sense of urgency every time a bug benefits the player but when it’s the other way around it’s a slow burn. People are getting frustrated with the bugs, getting push to quit, spending unnecessary resources and items expiring since kabam recommended to “Exercise caution” when choosing content which the legal way of telling their customers not to do end content without telling them to do that .

Kabam needs own to their issues and deal compensate the customers for their mistakes. It is not the customer’s fault that their items are expiring due to the game not behaving properly, this is for a lot of people a paying game and we are all responsible to keep Kabam at an acceptable quality standard.

Now you add salt to the wound by selling a potions package, which it’s an insult to customers who have their overflow expiring due to your bug. Either stop the expiry timer until you release the fix or deal individually with customers for the damage your bug has cause to their accounts.

Another example is the SOP bug where last week’s got re-release, some people beat it again and use items for it. Before anybody starts judging those people with comments like “they are breaking the terms” know that not everybody spends their whole day reading the forums. If the “bug” was identify day one then why wait 3 days to send a notification. Not my situation but I have heard people in my ally mention it. This is a good example on how being Kabam being too slow to action alienates players.

Bottom line is Kabam be more reactive when it comes to addressing bugs and take more action to address the issues with the game not just by giving some compensation and selling items but address the issue side effects so that your customers impact are minimized. This has not happen this time, it started well but it’s been downhill since then.

Finally I will address the community and Kabam blind defenders who we all know plague this forum. Those who ask for players to quit left and right and are not sympathetic to anybody. I say to you that you are part of the problem with this community becoming toxic, stop feeling almighty and listen to your fellow players and offer your option in a respectful manner. I mention this because I expect some comments that ask me to quit if I don’t like how things are. You know, the usual toxic comments from this forum.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I mean come on, Kabam's probably been making less money ever since this big bug started showing up. It's in their best interest to fix it ASAP; the same is true for any developer.
    Given how wide-reaching this issue is, I'm honestly surprised it ONLY took 10 days for them to get to this point where they're opening a hotfix beta. Yes it sucks it's been here for so long, yes it sucks that it's either cost you units to clear content or items in your stash due to a lack of content you're confident you can still clear. But this is not nearly as simple as you might think it is. And if you're so sure I'm wrong, I would love to see your evidence.
  • Options
    No, i think you are right, having bugs its not the problem its expected as I'm also on tech and development. What I think could be better its how they are addressed, thats the whole point of my post. Its not really vilifying kabam in any way. I think we are responsible for demanding and expecting some level of quality and in the lack of that a proper addressing of issues. Once again they did great at the beginning but there is more that could be done that's all
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    I’m tierd if u was a programmer and so and u will knew not everyone things is essay. And programming coded this game and new engine isn’t good but any means just u hav to be more understanding of them there human to there programs it doesn’t work to just slamming them ever time I’m tierd of someone like u slammed them just because just adapt to the new parry timing not that’s hard I’m hav mangers to cler AQ map7 with only use 2 to 3 items. So I’m definitely not in a need
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    AntzRodz said:

You always **** ur nose all around when someone speaks the right about their issue.. just coz u done have issues in-game don't try to think others are on the same page like u...
    Most problem I’m as here is people who can’t just adapt to the new timings
  • Options
    I'm a developer and so I also understand about quality assurance and addressing of issues.
  • Options
    I think you are spot on your comments the_sentry06. Noticed how I said in my post that it feels (perception) that there is urgency to address certain bugs and not others, not an actual affirmation. That's how some of the people I interact feel like and its important for kabam to know so they can address it with the proper communication. Making them aware of something its not a bad thing
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Nataku20 said:

I think you are spot on your comments the_sentry06. Noticed how I said in my post that it feels (perception) that there is urgency to address certain bugs and not others, not an actual affirmation. That's how some of the people I interact feel like and its important for kabam to know so they can address it with the proper communication. Making them aware of something its not a bad thing

There have been tons of pro player bugs that took months and months to fix. Think havoc in abyss, antman in LOL, etc. People just don’t apply logic and reality to things that’s all
    "BuT i DiDn'T bEnEfIt FrOm ThE bUgS bEcAuSe I dIdN't Do AoL oR lOl!!!" - random person who doesn't understand that the world doesn't revolve around them and they are in fact not the center of the universe.
  • Options
    Wow the level of conformity in some people its amazing. The "it is what it is" mentality that leads to mediocrity.

I believe we should be aiming higher and expect more but i think that might just be wishful thinking.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Nataku20 said:

Wow the level of conformity in some people its amazing. The "it is what it is" mentality that leads to mediocrity.

I believe we should be aiming higher and expect more but i think that might just be wishful thinking.

Realistic expectations should also apply. You can aim higher, but you also have to know that aiming high doesn't mean you'll hit the target, so that needs to be lowered. It's not about conforming, it's understanding the situation to the fullest. Whole picture, not just a slice.
  • Options
    I think the realistic expectation is that we need to expect more from one of the highest grossing video games of all time.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    Nataku20 said:

The “it is what it is” mentality is the correct one, rather than believing there is some grand conspiracy or massive ineptitude behind the scenes. I am not in the room at Kabam. None of us are. So there is no amount of posting or getting angry or throwing a tantrum that I can do that will help to solve the problem any faster.

I have been playing this game since the beginning of 2016 and can say that compared to past issues, it is clear that they are both taking this very seriously and are communicating very thoroughly. The fact that you aren’t reading what is being said is not on them.

Just like Demonzfyre and so many others, we’re just tired of seeing the same post over and over alleging that Kabam is somehow not interested in fixing this problem. That’s nonsense. These bugs help nobody, and I am sure that we will see a fix go live as soon as it is available.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,158 ★★★★★
    Nataku20 said:

You don't know how the company runs, how fixes have to be dealt with or implemented, and are talking out of your hat. When you are playing a mobile video game that overall has brought you enjoyment, "it is what it is" mentality is not settling for mediocrity, but recognizing that Kabam is a company made of normal people who are working to fix a bug. Constantly complaining or demanding bug fixes with disregard to anything but your own agenda is a larger issue than your assumption that we are aiming for mediocrity. We received compensation.

Also, slat to the wound while providing people with a huge sale on pots and revives? You are doing like jef bezos and don't seem to be quite down to earth. This disregard for others is unacceptable and doesn't help your argument in the least.