**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

So we are going to give players an extra week to fight DarkHawk but not an extra week to do the other fights? Why not just leave all the content up and add the new weeks challenging champion each week? That way players have extra time to complete all the fights.

I honestly missed the Mysterio week. I thought I had it completed but that week I was so busy becoming ThroneBreaker and with real life stuff that I missed it. To be fair to all players it would be nice to have a shot and completing week 3 again. I’m sure there are some players that have missed a week as well.

When the content was first released I had my eyes set on just getting to milestone 7 so I could finally have a R3 6* champion. Then the update stating that Cav players could only reach milestone 6. Well I had accepted the fact I wasn’t going to get past milestone 6. Then RNG was on my side with some T5CC crystals and I now I have my eyes set on milestone 8 which will mean 2 more R3 6* champions not to mention a 6* class nexus selector.

Take a moment and think about the players that are Cavalier and become Throne Breaker mid way through the event. The way it’s set up they are SOL (**** outta luck) to get the juicy rewards but could potentially earn some account changing rewards if it wasn’t time gated.

Well, We have had a bug which has affected a large part of the player base when Darkhawk week came on, that is the reason Week 4 is being extended. There was not supposed to be an additional week. One of the challenges here is the time limit. If you don't have an ideal champ, you have 1 week to acquire, rank up and use said champ to defeat the Boss. If you have a good roster, you already will have the champ and only the fight will be the issue.

How exactly is it fair for people who ranked up, used items and completed the challenge within the week because that is what was said when the event started. This event was supposed to be for players who have completed everything. People who become TB midway through the event are not the target of the event at all. If you are cav, milestone 6 gives you the rewards to become TB, which is a very good reward in my opinion.
  • CMLowesRealmCMLowesRealm Posts: 18

Im here but rewards have not progressed is this because I have reached maximum rewards for my skill
  • Lucky_StarLucky_Star Posts: 10
    So far so good, but...

Keeping in mind that it is high-level content (or supposed to be so, cause week 4 and 5 pretty doable with multiple options (if we are not talking about objectives)), there is one question bothering me.

Will the 6* Nexus be 3-position or more-position? Cause next fights I am sure will be pain in the mess, and, honestly, very interesting will it be juicy choice, or, like always, "meh"-choice?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    Got venom down, had to use quake and 5 revives. still cheap. I'm impatient so I tried a few options and then went meh.

Except, the darkhark path is still open, I beat this last week.

Did I get stooged? Do I have to do it again?
  • Bdot13Bdot13 Posts: 77
    ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

ItsDamien said:

Since you are reversing the point for doing the Week 4 boss, which I understand, can you also reverse the units or potions I spent beating him again please?

Why should they?
    Because they had every opportunity to warn people an extra point would be revoked and didn’t? I dunno. I didn’t look at the timeline. I “earned” the extra point because I saved my mutant/villain kill once they announced the extension. I didn’t expect to keep the bonus but it’s yet another example of Kabam failing to get in front of a problem, just like the Bishop/map6 issue.
    So you got the Villain/Mutant kill points now? So you spent items to get that? Then you'll keep those points.

The only point they are removing is the SINGLE point for beating Darkhawk IF you already beat him in the previous weeek. Not for the objectives, and not for a very first time defeat.

If you spent items to get the Villain/Mutant objectives done, then your items weren't wasted and you're not losing anything that you should have got.
    @ItsDamien have they confirmed this anywhere? I forced myself into becoming thronebreaker this week because the objectives were fairly doable. I plan on beating darkhawk AGAIN with magneto. Am i safe for the 2 extra points(from objectives) there to earn? Any confirmation possible? @Kabam Miike
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Bdot13 said:

ItsDamien said:

TyEdge said:

ItsDamien said:

Since you are reversing the point for doing the Week 4 boss, which I understand, can you also reverse the units or potions I spent beating him again please?

Why should they?
    Because they had every opportunity to warn people an extra point would be revoked and didn’t? I dunno. I didn’t look at the timeline. I “earned” the extra point because I saved my mutant/villain kill once they announced the extension. I didn’t expect to keep the bonus but it’s yet another example of Kabam failing to get in front of a problem, just like the Bishop/map6 issue.
    So you got the Villain/Mutant kill points now? So you spent items to get that? Then you'll keep those points.

The only point they are removing is the SINGLE point for beating Darkhawk IF you already beat him in the previous weeek. Not for the objectives, and not for a very first time defeat.

If you spent items to get the Villain/Mutant objectives done, then your items weren't wasted and you're not losing anything that you should have got.
    @ItsDamien have they confirmed this anywhere? I forced myself into becoming thronebreaker this week because the objectives were fairly doable. I plan on beating darkhawk AGAIN with magneto. Am i safe for the 2 extra points(from objectives) there to earn? Any confirmation possible? @Kabam Miike
    The idea is you get one point for defeating a Summer of Pain boss, and one point per objective completed. Anyone getting more than one point for any of those things will have the extra point removed, but the first point earned for doing any of those things while the fight is still available is safe to earn and won't be taken back.
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Geting close to my goal

• BassanioBassanio Posts: 162
    Week 4 of the Summer of Pain was extended for 1 week. However, the Solo Objectives were disappeared.

WHY??? BUG?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Bassanio said:

Week 4 of the Summer of Pain was extended for 1 week. However, the Solo Objectives were disappeared.

WHY??? BUG?

Did you already complete the solo objectives last week?
  • SundavarSundavar Posts: 1
    Kinda wild and super unfortunate that the only thing keeping Summoners like myself from extra Summer of Pain rewards is T5CC crystal luck.

I've defeated SoP fights per the Thronebreaker objectives - as I'm sure many Cav players have - and those earned rewards won't be seen due to T5CC rng. If we can defeat the GM and accomplish the Thronebreaker objectives for SoP, I really don't understand why we can't earn the bonus points for the event.

After a variant 6 100% push this weekend for the T5CC crystal, I'm feeling very defeated after pulling the wrong class.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    Man I never feel like reading these long comments, sorry lol.
    DNA3000 said:

You're supposed to have a bunch of R3s, but they had to draw the line somewhere and the devs decided to cut the players a break and ensure that luck *did not* block a TB-caliber player from becoming TB. And it does not. It does allow some Cavalier players to sneak under the rope with really good luck, but it prevents bad luck from holding back any deserving player.

Man, u just put on the table uno-card, that also damage your position as well. TB players do not need luck to become TB, but Cavs with good luck became TB which influence their progression drastically, also as their skill.

As a former Cav player I can say for sure - luck DO MATTER. Cause I had (and basically still have) awful roster of 6* garbage, and for me luck did incredibly funny - formed almost three catalysts WITHOUT fully forming a single one completely. Only Nexus shards from Cav difficulty saved me from being pushed away from the content I CAN and I DO right now. Luck is not a point?

heh. sure.

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

You're supposed to have a bunch of R3s, but they had to draw the line somewhere and the devs decided to cut the players a break and ensure that luck *did not* block a TB-caliber player from becoming TB. And it does not. It does allow some Cavalier players to sneak under the rope with really good luck, but it prevents bad luck from holding back any deserving player.

Man, u just put on the table uno-card, that also damage your position as well. TB players do not need luck to become TB, but Cavs with good luck became TB which influence their progression drastically, also as their skill.

As a former Cav player I can say for sure - luck DO MATTER. Cause I had (and basically still have) awful roster of 6* garbage, and for me luck did incredibly funny - formed almost three catalysts WITHOUT fully forming a single one completely. Only Nexus shards from Cav difficulty saved me from being pushed away from the content I CAN and I DO right now. Luck is not a point?

heh. sure.

If you've done all available content, you could form plenty of T5CC, both selected and randomly. If you weren't TB but had T5CC and "bad champs" then it isn't luck that's holding you back.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

DNA3000 said:

heh. sure.

If you've done all available content, you could form plenty of T5CC, both selected and randomly. If you weren't TB but had T5CC and "bad champs" then it isn't luck that's holding you back.
    This is kind of an absurd take that prevents any meaningful discussion from happening. No one should be expected to do act 6. It’s trash.

Your bigger point is right, though. Look where we’ve gone since TB was announced. For that matter, look what has happened since last Black Friday: variant 6 and 7, 7.1 and 7.2, the change of cavalier EQ to a 10% nexus. They’ve been offering 20% per month via sidequest and special objectives, and this month it’s up to 30%.

I got stuck with a tech catalyst and had to r3 mysterio to make use of it on my alt. I never use him. My main has amazing 6-star luck. My alt has awful luck. I made Thronebreaker ASAP on my alt to get the extra AQ and calendar rewards, and I’m on the cusp of Claire and Stryfe being my second and third r3. Would I be able to use 3 more t5cc if they magically appeared? Nope, but I’ve at least had a few gems among the 45ish champs.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    What’s wrong with Mysterio R3?
    DNA3000 said:

>Are you someone that has and is continuing to grow a highly expansive 6* roster? The fact that you say your 6* roster is "awful" suggests not.

Since I completed Act 6 in 2020 and till spring 2021 I was not able to become TB player. Why? Because luck in this game - beneficial factor, want you admit or not. My 6* roster in December was already 30 champs, and worth ranking up was just Torch. ONE. ONE CHAMPION. Or, my bad, i was just not worthy enough to get normal 6* champ and luck is not a point?
    DNA3000 said:

>But if you were one of the players that Thronebreaker specifically targets, you wouldn't need luck. You'd have lots of R3 options, more than you could rank.

Oh, my bad, I get it. There is no way to be luck involved, I forgot. It's just me and my intention not to become TB.
    DNA3000 said:

The fact that you think bad luck held you back, and then good luck fixed your problem, means you got there early.

Okay. OKAY. I got it.

But think about this - some players DONT want to explore Act 6 (because it's trash) to get straight resources for rank up. And totally a lot of players dont want to go to Abyss (but could), because it's not enjoyable, it's time consuming and basically it's just a competition of your amount of units and revives/potions, there are NO SKILL for that content, only dumb zerg-rush with meat-champs that consume your time (and, by the way, there is real life too).

So when someone tell that luck is not a point to become TB cause if you need it you are not a TB-level player... So... Really?

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    You might wanna screenshot your 6* roster. I’m sure we will be able to tell you at least 3 more champs worth R3.

What DNA said is correct. A true TB caliber player, doesn’t have to rely on luck to get the title.
  • BioHaZarD007BioHaZarD007 Posts: 58

DNA3000 said:

>Are you someone that has and is continuing to grow a highly expansive 6* roster? The fact that you say your 6* roster is "awful" suggests not.

Since I completed Act 6 in 2020 and till spring 2021 I was not able to become TB player. Why? Because luck in this game - beneficial factor, want you admit or not. My 6* roster in December was already 30 champs, and worth ranking up was just Torch. ONE. ONE CHAMPION. Or, my bad, i was just not worthy enough to get normal 6* champ and luck is not a point?
    DNA3000 said:

>But if you were one of the players that Thronebreaker specifically targets, you wouldn't need luck. You'd have lots of R3 options, more than you could rank.

Oh, my bad, I get it. There is no way to be luck involved, I forgot. It's just me and my intention not to become TB.
    DNA3000 said:

The fact that you think bad luck held you back, and then good luck fixed your problem, means you got there early.

Okay. OKAY. I got it.

But think about this - some players DONT want to explore Act 6 (because it's trash) to get straight resources for rank up. And totally a lot of players dont want to go to Abyss (but could), because it's not enjoyable, it's time consuming and basically it's just a competition of your amount of units and revives/potions, there are NO SKILL for that content, only dumb zerg-rush with meat-champs that consume your time (and, by the way, there is real life too).

So when someone tell that luck is not a point to become TB cause if you need it you are not a TB-level player... So... Really?

I have completed Act 6 and it's safe to say that I am not gonna explore that fun and interactive content any time soon. I haven't completed the Abyss either. I explored 7.1 with only R2 6 stars and R5 5 stars and then got my first R3. So, complaining about RNG on T5CC is just not an argument anymore. Complete Act 7 and explore that. It's way easier and definitely way more fun than Act 6. I'm on the verge of getting my third R3 6 star and I don't even play high tier war. So if you've been Cavalier for over a year now, it's your own fault for not being a Thronebreaker now cuz I became Cavalier last September when the Cav monthly quests just started and I became Thronebreaker in February.
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    Week 6

• FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Just ran through this new fight with Ronan.
    He is a metal champ I didn't get objective from completing it.
    Ran it twice and restarted. No points
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    got the metal challenge solo with doom. 173 hits.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    MOJO. Metal, XL, Villain. Spam his anti life field and you don’t have to worry about the unstoppable or the power gain.