**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Class Matchups

Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
Hey all, I have seen some discussions about hybrid class champs, hybrid champs, and even should x champ be y class, but I haven’t seen any discussion on the matchups themselves. It seems like an interesting discussion to have. Only the seasoned summoner will probably remember the original matchups which was skill>tech>mutant>science>mystic>cosmic>skill. I’m pretty sure everyone knows the current matchup of skill>science>mystic>cosmic>tech>mutant>skill.

Do you think the original matchups look more accurate? Do you think the current matchups sound better? Or do you think that they should be changed? I’m interested to hear what matchups you think make more sense and why. For example I think science and skill should be reversed. I think science should have an advantage over skill because science champs are typically modified and enhanced beyond the power of a typical skill champ. As a lot of people have mentioned on forums it would be laughable to think Hawkeye or BW would take down Hulk.

Comments

• SkimbobborSkimbobbor Posts: 127
    woah woah wait why did the matchups used to look like that? i cant make sense of the logic behind the old matchups? also on your science/skill thing i would have to agree but think it should stay the same because having mutant weak to skill wouldnt make much more sense and the only other class i think might make sense is if skill beat tech.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    I think the current class advantage is "easier" to understand if viewed generally. Science owns Mystic. How? Sorcerer's Apprentice ;)

That leaves by default Skill owns Science. :#
  • rogueKlyntarrogueKlyntar Posts: 268
    edited November 2017
    I have always thought the new set made more sense: if you take a human at face value, their capabilities are what give you skill class; mutants have better "natural" abilities. On the other hand, tech can pretty much do anything so mutants are still at a genetic disadvantage because their abilities dont really have an off switch. But if modern technology can do cool stuff, extraterrestrial technology must be even better. But nothing can beat mystical abilities... except the explanation of magic by science.

I am still stuck on the logic behind skill beats science though...

As far as the old system goes, I can see how mutant would beat science: as much as we know about science, some things just escape us even today, and mutants would be one of them if they were real. Cosmic beating skill is almost cheating. Of course cosmic is better. But skill beats tech???
    I always thought some champs ought to be of a different class:

gamora ought to be skill (TRAINED assassin), goblin science (fancy badass science gas) and, considering what you have to do to get a 4/5* version, Unst. Col. ought to be both mutant and mystic. Still not sure i like blade as a skill... he IS a vampire.
    This is a cool philosophical discussion. Dont find much of that these days. Thx for posing the question!
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    As a lot of people have mentioned on forums it would be laughable to think Hawkeye or BW would take down Hulk.

I would point out that if you look at BWs second special, the laws of physics are not enforced. Taking down hulk is the least of our "crooked pictureframes".
  • Prepare for the for the longest maintenance and have an additional 1Tb of free space
    Prepare for the for the longest maintenance and have an additional 1Tb of free space

When? Soon i hope
    edited November 2017
    I am still stuck on the logic behind skill beats science though...

I guess you could argue that the Skill people don't waste time figuring out the equations like scientists do. Instead they just whack you and move on...?