**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.1 crossbones boss

RicitonRiciton Posts: 106
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Is there anyone other than omega red that can beat this boss? I'm having a rough time trying to get passed him, to the point I'm ready to quit.
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Xandude32Xandude32 Posts: 20
    edited July 2021
    He is super annoying and I had a really rough time myself. What’s your current roster?
    Because I managed to use Hyperion to take him out, but I’ve also heard warlock is def a big help with this boss too.
  • just soloed him with an r4 rogue for the carina challenge....
  • can bring white mags for the prefight, and use any immunes tbh. he isnt that tough anymore. Just takes a lot of hits.
  • RicitonRiciton Posts: 106
    6* diablo, 5* blade, cmm, cap iw and Apocalypse. I was hoping between Diablo and cmm i would get passed him but it just seems impossible.
  • Riciton said:

6* diablo, 5* blade, cmm, cap iw and Apocalypse. I was hoping between Diablo and cmm i would get passed him but it just seems impossible.

what is the issue you are facing? Dont expect your parry to stick and bait heavies thats all. bait his sp1
    My issue is that by the time I can get him to 97% health arc overload kicks in and he gets straight back to 100% health. I'm literally getting nowhere with him.

just soloed him with an r4 rogue for the carina challenge....

I'll believe that when I see it mate, I can't see how she can beat him in less than 30 seconds before poison kills her off.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    marino123 said:

Riciton said:

just soloed him with an r4 rogue for the carina challenge....

I'll believe that when I see it mate, I can't see how she can beat him in less than 30 seconds before poison kills her off.

Rogue - 70% duration reduction for all debuffs.
    And can heal a ton of sp1
    Fair point I forgot about her health gain and I suppose she would nick his arc overload too. My rogue is 1/25 un-awakened.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    SS roster or list some poison immune champs. Dude is cake now.
    I heard that Diablo can do it if you activate his nullify pre-fight and spam sp1 but I just don't seem to be able to do it. My attacks do such little damage and he just ends up with so many fury buffs that he can take a quarter of my health with one attack through block.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Riciton said:

CMM should be able to do it without much trouble. Watch some videos online. He’s an annoying boss but definitely doable.
    The damage he is dealing through my block and his passive play style is making it very difficult to bait his heavy attack. He will throw 2 lots of 5 hit combos into my block before making an attempt to throw a heavy attack.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    R4 Rogue can do it easily. I did it from the Carina's Challenge. Just spam sp1 whenever you push CB over a bar of power.
    zuffy said:

R4 Rogue can do it easily. I did it from the Carina's Challenge. Just spam sp1 whenever you push CB over a bar of power.

I don't have the resources to rank her up and she isn't awakened either.
  • hit into his block instead. do four hits and back off, to push him to sp1
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    She doesn’t need to be awakened to do it. If you’re taking a lot of blocked hits I suggest watching a few videos of people using her and learn to trap him in the corner and backdraft intercept him.

Make sure you use your sp1 just after you take him over one bar of power, bait his sp1 rinse and repeat. If you aren’t going to take him over a bar by the time you finish your combo then dash back after 3 or 4 hits and dash straight back in to intercept him and finish the job. Try not to give him too much power and push him to sp2 with your sp1 as it is harder to evade.

That cycle is the core method to beat him with most any champion. It’s not hard as he’s super aggressive and the global node helps you maintain it as you reach sp1 faster than you normally would.

If got some reason he goes passive or blockd your intercept or whatever, that’s when you hold block to bait, evade and punish his heavy and get back into the flow.

Rogue works a charm here as you are regenerating with nearly every combo so can claw back any block damage. Tbh when you get the hang of it he’s barely gonna touch you.
    Berjibs said:

She doesn’t need to be awakened to do it. If you’re taking a lot of blocked hits I suggest watching a few videos of people using her and learn to trap him in the corner and backdraft intercept him.

Make sure you use your sp1 just after you take him over one bar of power, bait his sp1 rinse and repeat. If you aren’t going to take him over a bar by the time you finish your combo then dash back after 3 or 4 hits and dash straight back in to intercept him and finish the job. Try not to give him too much power and push him to sp2 with your sp1 as it is harder to evade.

That cycle is the core method to beat him with most any champion. It’s not hard as he’s super aggressive and the global node helps you maintain it as you reach sp1 faster than you normally would.

If got some reason he goes passive or blockd your intercept or whatever, that’s when you hold block to bait, evade and punish his heavy and get back into the flow.

Rogue works a charm here as you are regenerating with nearly every combo so can claw back any block damage. Tbh when you get the hang of it he’s barely gonna touch you.

Thank you for this advice. I am not good at back draft intercept however I know rogue well because I have my 4* maxed out and used to use her a lot. Up until now my 4* has done the job and I have other 5* mutants. Apocalypse was going to be my next rank 4, I don't know if I can justify putting the resources into rogue instead.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Yeah that’s understandable. Maybe try scrub up those backdraft skills and plug away with Diablo and CMM…it’s the perfect fight to do it on he seems to always play ball…
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    BWCV, Ibom, an yeah CMM…it sounds like you need practice, don’t rush through it. Also don’t count on using zero revives it’s too much stress.

Sounds like you may need to “git good” before trying to beat 6.1.5
  • Strike117Strike117 Posts: 20
    Do you have Warlock?
    'Cause I nailed him pretty fast with Warlock 2 days ago
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    I got him down to about 40% on my first try with Ghost and g2099 finished him off
    Skiddy212 said:

BWCV, Ibom, an yeah CMM…it sounds like you need practice, don’t rush through it. Also don’t count on using zero revives it’s too much stress.

Sounds like you may need to “git good” before trying to beat 6.1.5

I don't expect to do it itemless, I have gathered some resources for the quest. I'm not looking for an easy way to beat him just a way to beat him because I don't seem to be able to hurt him. "Get good" is quite offensive mate, I've been good enough to make it this far I just wanted some advice to go against him not someone putting me down. If get good is all you have to say then keep your opinion to yourself, thank you.
    Strike117 said:

Do you have Warlock?
    'Cause I nailed him pretty fast with Warlock 2 days ago

Dude, I just face palmed myself very hard. Yes I do have warlock at rank 4, for the life of me I don't know why I didn't put him on my team but I will now. Thank you.
  • Strike117Strike117 Posts: 20
    Just imagining you while face palming yourself o:);)
    Bring him for 6.1.6. He will shut down X23 and Wolvie very very nicely. And he served me well today fighting Sentinel boss. Actually he closed the fight
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Riciton said:

Apoc with prof x and colo could do it and you could reliably parry. Idk why you aren't able to do it with what you have there tho, apoc can nuke, cap iw can do smt, CMM is poison immune as is diablo so it should be easy to just intercept/bait heavies and do damage. Blade's regen will make him sustainable despite losing health.