**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Anyone tried fighting 7.2.2 post buff bishop?

H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★
edited July 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Yeah so i was curious about his defensive capabilities post his buff and man is he hard to fight now. The lane said mystic wrath but none of the mystics didn't work unfortunately. He's quite challenging to fight now. I would say that bishop is "Balanced" perfectly post his buff.
Great job by Kabam devs.A great option for AW (in my opinion).

Have a good day.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    What nodes does he have? I'm on 7.2.1. myself so I can't check him out, unfortunately. (Obviously that means I haven't fought that particular Bishop either.)

However, generally speaking I would bring a Tech champ even if the lane has Mystic Wrath on it. If you do want to go with Mystics, I think that both Claire and Tigra can work. Tigra can just cheese all of his specials while Claire can become Incinerate immune.

But it all depends on the nodes, and as I said, I don't know exactly what they are.
  • H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Ercarret said:

What nodes does he have? I'm on 7.2.1. myself so I can't check him out, unfortunately. (Obviously that means I haven't fought that particular Bishop either.)

However, generally speaking I would bring a Tech champ even if the lane has Mystic Wrath on it. If you do want to go with Mystics, I think that both Claire and Tigra can work. Tigra can just cheese all of his specials while Claire can become Incinerate immune.

But it all depends on the nodes, and as I said, I don't know exactly what they are.

Nodes:
    1. Wax on wax off
    2. Rust and rain
    3. Mystic Wrath
    4. Power buildup
    5. Special burst lockdown- 3

The nodes in itself are not bad but it's bishop's unblockable specials and his auto incinerates that make this fight challenging. A good place to use tigra i agree cause his specials are quite tricky to evade.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

If you do want to go with Mystics, I think that both Claire and Tigra can work. Tigra can just cheese all of his specials while Claire can become Incinerate immune.

BWCV deals energy damage, generally bad news when facing Bishop and he no longer self destructs.

@H3neRy Definitely a good Tigra matchup. Sp2 can be evaded regularly, but his SP1 you want to get the spacing correctly on for her "miss" mechanic. Don't be too close else the first hit is pistol whip.
  • H3neRyH3neRy Posts: 309 ★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Ercarret said:

If you do want to go with Mystics, I think that both Claire and Tigra can work. Tigra can just cheese all of his specials while Claire can become Incinerate immune.

BWCV deals energy damage, generally bad news when facing Bishop and he no longer self destructs.

@H3neRy Definitely a good Tigra matchup. Sp2 can be evaded regularly, but his SP1 you want to get the spacing correctly on for her "miss" mechanic. Don't be too close else the first hit is pistol whip.
    Agreed. Although it's not the easiest one. I just tried it, gonna need a lot of practice to pull of a solo.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    OP: A possible suggestion that I haven't tried out myself - Howard the Duck with his Not So Uncanny synergy. It allows you to basically steal any prowess the opponent has for yourself by knocking them down.
    Corkscrew said:

Ercarret said:

Ah, yeah, forgot that her basic attacks are considered energy. I thought that it was only when she was in her incinerate mode.
  • JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited July 2021
    Maybe
    Silver surfer. I used him for variant 7.3.1 bishop and it works.

• QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Used R4 doctor voodoo using sp2 power control & got him down to around 50% before dying to his power overload thing. Used ghost to chunk off another 20ish% then she died so revived Dr voodoo and just managed to finish him off.

Think I got lucky as he didn't once throw a special when using voodoo. 4 hits & block till you get to an sp2 then 4 hits block till he's below 1 bar then you can 5 hit sp2 repeat till you die lol

Currently working through exploration of 7.2 and I'm nearly there, around 8 or so paths left