Compensation should be based on content done during Parry and Dex issue

Harshbawa1Harshbawa1 Member Posts: 34
edited July 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Hello Guys

I have a suggestion or rather a request, the compensation is in order for all the problems summoners are facing. And the compensation should be based on the content we summoners are doing during the known bugs and issues. Like in my case I spend numerous revives and health pots because of parry and dex problem in Abyss. And this Summer of Pain is becoming Summer of pain in the ass (sorry but true). Please be considerate when you fix the issue or hand out compensation.
Regards
Harshbawa1
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    No way! @Harshbawa1
    We all want equal and good compensation but give is champion crystals and nexuses no rank up materials
  • DawsManDawsMan Member Posts: 2,169 ★★★★★
    Nope.
  • QfuryQfury Member Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    TB Betta have a 6* awakening gem. Because if not.... I'll do nothing about it but me and my high expectations will be severely disappointed
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    This issue has ground the whole game to a standstill for the better part of July, with no end in sight until at least the next update (and even that is said to not fix the issue entirely, if I remember their post correctly).

This is one of the biggest problems this game has faced. There will be compensation. There is no need to worry about that.

With that being said, I don't think your specific idea is a good one. I think they could compensate people for doing something like SOP since that was a timed event that had to be cleared despite the issues, but doing the Abyss or exploring story content is not timed and could be put on hold until the issue has been solved. Putting it on hold is an issue in and of itself, but I don't see a reason why people who followed Kabam's advice against doing less hard content while the bug is active should be penalized by not receiving the same level of compensation as those who ignored Kabam's advice.

You knew full well that there was an issue with the game when you did what you did, just like I did when I explored Variant 7. Both of us could simply not have done that and instead waited for the bug to be fixed and for the compensation, but we pushed through anyway. I'm fine with that and don't expect more compensation than those people who put the game on hold while the bug was active. I've played like garbage this last month but I've managed to pull through decently regardless.

So no, give people equal compensation. Maybe tiered to one's progression, but otherwise the same. There is no need to tier up same-progression players based on what they've done or haven't done this month.

That's not to say they can't compensate for revives and health potions etc lost during this time, but don't limit it to just those who've done specific content. Give it to everyone in that case.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Member Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

The compensation should have come a week ago so people who are actually affected by it could use it ...

But the bug still exists now. So how will you use it?
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    So I did Carina’s Inhuman’s Challenge while the bug was active, and I should be given compensation?

🤦🏻‍♂️

It was my choice, not Kabam’s, to do it to spend all my expiring revives, and I don’t expect compensation for challenging content I knowingly completed in this time.

The thought of being entitled to compensation because of content you chose to do, knowing there’s something wrong, just irks me.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,833 ★★★★★

Hello Guys

I have a suggestion or rather a request, the compensation is in order for all the problems summoners are facing. And the compensation should be based on the content we summoners are doing during the known bugs and issues. Like in my case I spend numerous revives and health pots because of parry and dex problem in Abyss. And this Summer of Pain is becoming Summer of pain in the ass (sorry but true). Please be considerate when you fix the issue or hand out compensation.
    Regards
    Harshbawa1

Are the revives you used in the Abyss any different than the revives others used in act 6 or 7? I don't understand your point.
    Haji_Saab said:

No_oneuk said:

Haji_Saab said:

The compensation should have come a week ago so people who are actually affected by it could use it ...

But the bug still exists now. So how will you use it?
    You play with the bug .. that's where the compensation will help actually compensate for the revives used ...

Just saying "don't play the game", doesn't work for the people who are progressing ... you have two timed events going on with vastly different rewards according to progression ... All the people who have everything at 100% would either benefit from a delayed package or don't care but for anyone who needs to get to TB/Cav/UC asap, the compensation matters now ....
    But you continuing to play is the main reason why we're getting the comp. You don't HAVE to do story content. They continued AQ so that's why we got 3 packages.
  • Harshbawa1Harshbawa1 Member Posts: 34
    M

Hello @Ercarret.Thank you for sharing your elaborated suggestion with the community. This will be reviewed.

But when I did the abyss path I had no knowledge or acknowledgment from Kabam that such a bug exists. And there were many who were affected by this bug. I know everyone was affected in some way and to some degree.
    Some who never attempted abyss ever are talking about equal compensation?
    There must be equality amongst equals. I will be disappointed if Kabam doesn’t acknowledge and apologise to not have warned players earlier and award separate compensation packages.

Regards
    Harshbawa1
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Member Posts: 234 ★★★
    edited July 2021

But when I did the abyss path I had no knowledge or acknowledgment from Kabam that such a bug exists. And there were many who were affected by this bug. I know everyone was affected in some way and to some degree.
    There must be equality amongst equals. I will be disappointed if Kabam doesn’t acknowledge and apologise to not have warned players earlier and award separate compensation packages.

Regards
    Harshbawa1

If their compensation package would have been based on content completed during bug time than players with no bugs will rush to complete the endgame content and they will storm through that content because any revive they use, they will simply receive it back and kabam will never be able to know that whether that player actually faced any bug or not.

M

Hello @Ercarret.Thank you for sharing your elaborated suggestion with the community. This will be reviewed.

Regards
    Harshbawa1
    How do we even know you're telling the truth exactly? Maybe you saw the message and went to do abyss thinking you'll get some sort of great compensation.
  • Harshbawa1Harshbawa1 Member Posts: 34
    Well I just requested something from Kabam team and I do hope they will be considerate enough. I made my point clear in the first post itself. I cannot argue with dimwits over anything that I said.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Member Posts: 3,110 ★★★★★

Well I just requested something from Kabam team and I do hope they will be considerate enough. I made my point clear in the first post itself. I cannot argue with dimwits over anything that I said.

The problem is that no matter how you approach this argument and no matter how much logic you use towards your argument, you don't elicit any kind of sympathy from people. And then to talk down to people for having a difference of opinion doesn't help your cause.

We've already received three compensation packages directly tied to Alliance Quest and that benefited everybody not just people who do Alliance Quest and now we're going to be recieving another package specifically towards regular game content featuring potions and revives to help until they can figure this whole thing out and hopefully have it fixed after the next update, so that way they can work on a grand compensation package to apologize for the entire month overall.

They are going out of their way to make it right and if you didn't notice their most recent announcement yesterday in the news and announcements section, they did Apologize, they literally said they were sorry. I'm sorry if you feel you deserve extra extra extra special attention but that's not how this is going to go.
  • DiinastyDiinasty Member Posts: 55
    xNig said:

So I did Carina’s Inhuman’s Challenge while the bug was active, and I should be given compensation?

🤦🏻‍♂️

It was my choice, not Kabam’s, to do it to spend all my expiring revives, and I don’t expect compensation for challenging content I knowingly completed in this time.

The thought of being entitled to compensation because of content you chose to do, knowing there’s something wrong, just irks me.

I am kinda neutral on the compensation part, but your point is irrelevant. People hoard these revives and potions because they are planning to do challenging content. so if the revives and potions were to expire because of an in-game bug or if they were forced into using more revives and potions because of the bug, then they have a right to be upset about it.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Diinasty said:

xNig said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

I am kinda neutral on the compensation part, but your point is irrelevant. People hoard these revives and potions because they are planning to do challenging content. so if the revives and potions were to expire because of an in-game bug or if they were forced into using more revives and potions because of the bug, then they have a right to be upset about it.
    They weren’t forced in using more revives or potions if they did content during this time by choice, knowing that there’s a bug.

Revives were expiring, and would have expired if they didn’t spend it. That’s what the compensation package will be for.
  • DiinastyDiinasty Member Posts: 55
    xNig said:

Diinasty said:

xNig said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

They weren’t forced in using more revives or potions if they did content during this time by choice, knowing that there’s a bug.

Revives were expiring, and would have expired if they didn’t spend it. That’s what the compensation package will be for.
    It is literally a case of use em or lose em. Might not be "forced" in a traditional sense, but forced nonetheless.
    Again, I am neutral on the whole thing and will take the comps that they have been offering, I am not demanding anything extra, and definitely do not agree with OP, but I can see why people might feel frustration towards the issue.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,301 ★★★★★
    This made me laugh...

Anyways like @xNig even with bug active im doing carinas challenges and I finished exploring v7

Why? Cause I have 27 single revives and had 17 team revives .
    I currently have 11 team revives left cause they expiring so i had to use em. Waiting to see what compensation is then doing the 3* cyclops challenge
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Member Posts: 2,303 ★★★★★

M

Regards
    Harshbawa1
    I can assure you that I have enough pots and revives to push through abyss and reach like mid way or more than that. I have already explored 7.2 and act 6 left. Now it's my choice to do act 6 and other endgame content like Carina's challenge. And bug will affect it. It will be my responsibility whatever happens due to bug when I was warned beforehand by the game devs through various platform and they are working to fix it. Permanent content is player choice wh ile timely content like SOP or sq are the onces where players are being forced to do it cuz of time otherwise they miss out the rewards they offer. So your statement for compensation doesn't make sense at all based upon the content done. Because many of the players who are mid or very near to end game will rush through the endgame contents to get that extra compensation resulting in exploitation. And they can't see each players account one by one.
    Last year we saw very generous compensation based upon title. Maybe it can happen again but seeing this time it was more severe they may give something extra. But most important compensation will be that game runs smoothly and bug free.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Member Posts: 7,783 ★★★★★
    Tbf to OP's case, if he was in the middle of an abyss run when he updated and got the bug, there could kinda be a case for him and those who where in a similar position. But given Kabam's past with dealing out big compensation, it should adequately compensate provided you didn't do another abyss path or something but we will have to see once it comes out.