**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer of Pain Week 7

Comments

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I'm having some luck with my Punisher 2099. Haven't beaten him yet but I'm working on it. It seems like the strategy is to use SP1s, but we'll see. I suspect that SP1s into his block to reduce the placebo buff gain is the way to go.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Easy Domino solo!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Qfury said:

Who to use for control denial tag though?

I used Magik. One revive
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    So what's the the strat without nullify immune champs?
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    If you Activate Diablo's Distilled Will Prefight (Heal 70% of Energy Damage Taken) then can get more than 1 Philosopher's Mix Active (use Specials) you'll Heal more than Symbiote Supreme Deals, useless against Does though.

Side Note if you use the "Essence of Null" as well, you can reach the Sp3 very quickly by spamming MLLLL Combos (so you don't apply Poisons which gives SS more Power) then the Sp3 will apply the 10 Buffs which will get Nullified and let you get off at least 2 Back to Back Sp2s which is 3 Philosopher's Mixes.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★

So what's the the strat without nullify immune champs?

Don't attack him on the fury phase, wait for the buffs to expire on you. Strike the block to short distance.
    When both fury and nullify phase go away, you can attack
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Easy solo with Voodoo, almost a full yellow bar too. Also used Domino for Mercenary one, used two lvl 1 but hey, still pretty good. I won't do the Cosmic one because I can aford it, haven't done the whole thing from week 1 so yea.
  • JaggedSacJaggedSac Posts: 56
    Did it with Domino in 2 revives.
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    Gave up on using Taskmaster.
    Completed the week using Domino, Warlock and Hyperion.
  • TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    Keniutek said:

Mystical denial, which champs are good for it?

Warlock worked for me
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    So far I’ve soloed with hype and hit monkey (just about and with a lot of luck) and have got very close with Claire, all 3 require an extremely high amount of luck, but all can definitely work for a solo
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    well, it turned out that the cosmic objective was the easiest and the cheapiest, only 1 revive with Hyperion (5* 5/65 with 30% champion boost) ^_^ for the #control:denial one i used warlock and four revives, glad that it's done... but at least i learned how to fully dex the SP2, that's really good for me *_*
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Hype
    Masacre
    Voodoo.
  • GodMan114GodMan114 Posts: 45
    The cosmic challenge for this is nothing less than stupid. Reminds me of that dumb sym supreme caustic lane 6.1.6.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    This week made me use a revive. The first revive I’ve used. It was completing the cosmic challenge with Hyperion. Spent 2 hours trying to get the perfect RNG for a solo, wasn’t happening. Had a good run where I got him to 12%, and went **** it.

It’s annoying because I have a duped R4 Angela and a R2 6* Angela. The R4 just couldn’t deal enough damage quickly enough before she died either due to a nullify or close encounters. If this has been 5 weeks later, I would have a duped R3 Angela that would have destroyed it. Waiting on her basic arena to invest in the 6* over the 5*. Much pain.

The fight itself I actually don’t think is too bad if you’re just going for completion. However, the thronebreaker objectives are downright evil. Thankfully Voodoo and Domino cleaned up with relative ease, but the cosmic one if you don’t have a high ranked and sigged Angela is just plain mean.

I don’t mind the level of challenge. I would just rather I had to use a revive because I played badly over because I got bad RNG.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★

Damn the mercenary one is looking brutal if you don’t have BWDO or Hit monkey

Got the solo with a R5 Domino. Strange given how terrible people say she is.
    You beat me to it..for all the hate she gets for her RNG in lowering AAR, she worked really well for getting 2 points in this fight.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I'm having some luck with my Punisher 2099. Haven't beaten him yet but I'm working on it. It seems like the strategy is to use SP1s, but we'll see. I suspect that SP1s into his block to reduce the placebo buff gain is the way to go.

Pffff your strategy is using sp1??!! Noob, my strategy was using 3 L2 revives 😎
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

This week made me use a revive. The first revive I’ve used. It was completing the cosmic challenge with Hyperion. Spent 2 hours trying to get the perfect RNG for a solo, wasn’t happening. Had a good run where I got him to 12%, and went **** it.

It’s annoying because I have a duped R4 Angela and a R2 6* Angela. The R4 just couldn’t deal enough damage quickly enough before she died either due to a nullify or close encounters. If this has been 5 weeks later, I would have a duped R3 Angela that would have destroyed it. Waiting on her basic arena to invest in the 6* over the 5*. Much pain.

The fight itself I actually don’t think is too bad if you’re just going for completion. However, the thronebreaker objectives are downright evil. Thankfully Voodoo and Domino cleaned up with relative ease, but the cosmic one if you don’t have a high ranked and sigged Angela is just plain mean.

I don’t mind the level of challenge. I would just rather I had to use a revive because I played badly over because I got bad RNG.

but you used revive coz you didnt play perfectly. blaming it on rng is always easier ay
    60% chance to stun on sp2, if that is not rng I'm not sure what is
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★

Damn the mercenary one is looking brutal if you don’t have BWDO or Hit monkey

I did the solo with domino
    grfvb said:

but you used revive coz you didnt play perfectly. blaming it on rng is always easier ay
    I mean I was using Hyperion. Getting the solo with him is entirely dependent on RNG. I literally spent two hours trying out different strategies
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

I mean I was using Hyperion. Getting the solo with him is entirely dependent on RNG. I literally spent two hours trying out different strategies.

But sure, believe what you want if it makes it easier
    sure but using hype and relying on sp2 stun was your choice. cant blame the challenge init
    It’s almost like I had no other choice because that specific objective was quite restrictive

Or would you rather I time travelled as few weeks ahead and duped my Angela
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Anyone else finding that Angela is being nullified when she shouldn't? I have a max sig Angela and with 3 or more buffs she is still getting nullified when Chthon's passive comes on. But not all of them, just some of them.
    gforcefan said:

Anyone else finding that Angela is being nullified when she shouldn't? I have a max sig Angela and with 3 or more buffs she is still getting nullified when Chthon's passive comes on. But not all of them, just some of them.

I believe the nullify part of her sig is still multiplicative. So each buff doesn’t reduce it by a flat chance, it reduces it by a percentage of the new chance, meaning it never really reaches 0. My Angela was nullified at 14 buffs, and even at sig 20 (14% resistance), she wouldn’t have gotten nullified of it was flat

It’s weird the other part of her sig is flat and this isn’t