**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Purgatory Design Flaw?

Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★
The only way to capture souls with unawakened Purgatory is to fill 9 bars of power, but even when fighting opponents more than double my pi, they die before I can fill 9 bars of power. That's with only sp3 rotation, so I know technically you could just not hit them and try to avoid them while your power fills up, but that's not at all practical. So am I missing something or is this just a really bad design/mechanic?

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    mgj0630 said:

@Jake303AoS I'm still trying to master her, cause she's kinda fun to play.

I think the key to getting the 9 bars of power is to first get into demonic rampage. You can usually do this with 5 hit combos and a single special one.

Once you're in demonic rampage, her second medium will drain herself of half a bar of power and apply an incinerate. So when you're in this phase, cross a bar of power, end combo with a medium, repeat.

You're right. They actually say in her spotlight the idea is to bounce back and forth across bars of Power like this @Jake303AoS

• Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★
    mgj0630 said:

@Jake303AoS I'm still trying to master her, cause she's kinda fun to play.

I think the key to getting the 9 bars of power is to first get into demonic rampage. You can usually do this with 5 hit combos and a single special one.

Once you're in demonic rampage, her second medium will drain herself of half a bar of power and apply an incinerate. So when you're in this phase, cross a bar of power, end combo with a medium, repeat.

Cool, I'll give that a try!