**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Summer of Pain Week 7

1235»

Comments

• Options
    gforcefangforcefan Posts: 383 ★★★

gforcefan said:

Anyone else finding that Angela is being nullified when she shouldn't? I have a max sig Angela and with 3 or more buffs she is still getting nullified when Chthon's passive comes on. But not all of them, just some of them.

I believe the nullify part of her sig is still multiplicative. So each buff doesn’t reduce it by a flat chance, it reduces it by a percentage of the new chance, meaning it never really reaches 0. My Angela was nullified at 14 buffs, and even at sig 20 (14% resistance), she wouldn’t have gotten nullified of it was flat

It’s weird the other part of her sig is flat and this isn’t
    Your explanation makes sense. I just wish Kabam would have more clarity/consistency when talking about % chance.
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    gforcefan said:

gforcefan said:

Anyone else finding that Angela is being nullified when she shouldn't? I have a max sig Angela and with 3 or more buffs she is still getting nullified when Chthon's passive comes on. But not all of them, just some of them.

I believe the nullify part of her sig is still multiplicative. So each buff doesn’t reduce it by a flat chance, it reduces it by a percentage of the new chance, meaning it never really reaches 0. My Angela was nullified at 14 buffs, and even at sig 20 (14% resistance), she wouldn’t have gotten nullified of it was flat

Your explanation makes sense. I just wish Kabam would have more clarity/consistency when talking about % chance.
    Agreed, especially when two parts of the same ability are working differently. I would suspect they forgot to update the coding for the old sig when she got buffed
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★

Ok I'll share my experience. I got all 1 shots with 3 different champs in such odd ways. Note this was after many restarts.

Angela (5/65 sig 200): I opted to use only SP3s and I'd try to stun him before I used it to waste the armor break timer alittle while being alittle safe. Her SP3 does NOT GIVE HIM POWER, it only triggers the armor breaks so he gains no power. It doesn't really do that much damage also but hey.

Domino (5/65 sig 20): Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, luck... etc etc. The time I got the 1 shot was because her SP3 placed a 8k per tick bleed on him which cut out alot of the fight. I didnt record it take a pic cuz it's not hard with her, just you gotta get lucky.

Voodoo (5/65 sig 40): This was a... very odd fight to say the least. Basically leave the odd combo on SS which gives him -50% Ability Acc and well... that was it. That's all I did for the 1 shot. Voodoo mostly turned all his stuff off so it was just me trapping him in the corner, parry, 3-4 hits then into a full 5 hut cuz the parry stuns last so long, repeat. I didn't use a single special attack. It was all basic hits. I was as shocked doing it as you reading it.
  • Options
    ColinJensen21ColinJensen21 Posts: 36
    Would Sabertooth work? He's my only ranked up Merc.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Saiyan said:

Ok I'll share my experience. I got all 1 shots with 3 different champs in such odd ways. Note this was after many restarts.

Angela (5/65 sig 200): I opted to use only SP3s and I'd try to stun him before I used it to waste the armor break timer alittle while being alittle safe. Her SP3 does NOT GIVE HIM POWER, it only triggers the armor breaks so he gains no power. It doesn't really do that much damage also but hey.

Domino (5/65 sig 20): Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, luck... etc etc. The time I got the 1 shot was because her SP3 placed a 8k per tick bleed on him which cut out alot of the fight. I didnt record it take a pic cuz it's not hard with her, just you gotta get lucky.

Voodoo (5/65 sig 40): This was a... very odd fight to say the least. Basically leave the odd combo on SS which gives him -50% Ability Acc and well... that was it. That's all I did for the 1 shot. Voodoo mostly turned all his stuff off so it was just me trapping him in the corner, parry, 3-4 hits then into a full 5 hut cuz the parry stuns last so long, repeat. I didn't use a single special attack. It was all basic hits. I was as shocked doing it as you reading it.

Thanks man that voodoo advice really helped, just one shot him with an r4
    I tried with Angela but I only have an r4 and it was taking ages so I used a maxed Hyperion, got him down to 25% with some nice luck so burnt 2 revives to finish him,
    I also one shot with an 2/35 domino, finished the fight with 2% health so that was neck and neck, pumped I got 4 points with 2 revives and only had to do a few restarts this week

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,720 Guardian

gforcefan said:

Just out of curiosity, how many buffs were Angela buffs and how many were Placebo buffs? Is it possible that the issue was that Placebo was somehow not counting as a buff for the purposes of Angela's sig? If Angela was somehow not counting Placebo, what would the nullify chance have been if nullify chance was linear instead of multiplicative?
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Sunspot said:

Qfury said:

Who to use for control denial tag though?

I used r3 BWCV. 2 revives. I also had a P2099 but BWCV was great for healing too.
    I got him down with OG Scarlett switch, 3x l1 revives, no potions and a mystic 150% + mystic 8% special boost. Maybe not the prettiest, but seems reasonable for just some overflow revives and loyalty boosts. She was hitting hard on the sp2, got some extra stuns in and healed a little bit from her sig and the node. She worked much better than my tries with Magik and BWCV... All 5* R5.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Love that my girl domino was viable😍😍 probably gonna be the champ I take to rank 3 for thronebreaker unless I pull someone I care more about
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Hype counts on RNG but one shot is possible.
    CGR also an good option.
    Domino/Prox both pretty easy.
    Then BWCV. Or no objective based cheat code: HT with prefight.

• Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Reference said:

CGR also an good option.

I see a 20% revive was used and less than 3 hits were thrown for that ko since the count is not on screen! What snake oil are you selling!!

J.K. nice job on the solo!

Yeah, RNG is very much an issue at times with Hype, but he usually pulls through nicely even when it's not favorable. As long as the stun lock would have kept up, I could have solo'd him too, but it failed to land and an sp3 ensued...lights out.

Hype is a solid option on this one and no shame in using 1-2 l1 revives if RNG requires it. That's peanut for the rewards!!
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,121 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Hyperion run needs to be near perfect to solo. Even with Suicides active, I found it very hard to get enough damage in before buff detonation. I'd imagine you'd need super good Fury luck to pull it out?

Threw in the towel after a bit and used a revive.. all good. Rewards are certainly worth it.
  • Options
    AdvAdv Posts: 195
    Did it with an R4 DV without any potions or revives. But an extremely long fight. Still haven’t got good RNG with either domino or hype
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    Domino EASILY walked through this.
  • Options
    ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    For objectives I used r5 5 domino itemless, r2 6 punisher 2099 1 revive and boosts, and r4 5 Hyperion 4 revive and boosts (went to r5 him so I didn't need as much but 0 t1a and tapped out at glory store)

For fun all itemless
    R2 6 torch
    R1 6 redguardian (by far the easiest solo no rng needed he has no buffs to nullify and the node just feeds his shield. No debuffs for redoubled so no crazy power gain. Just parry and destroy)

• Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

gforcefan said:

Just out of curiosity, how many buffs were Angela buffs and how many were Placebo buffs? Is it possible that the issue was that Placebo was somehow not counting as a buff for the purposes of Angela's sig? If Angela was somehow not counting Placebo, what would the nullify chance have been if nullify chance was linear instead of multiplicative?
    I believe 11 of them were placebo. My Angela was only sig 20, which is a 14.45% reduction. Naturally at that point I should have had 2 aptitude and a regen, which would leave me with a 56.65% chance to be nullified if the sig is linear, and a 66.62% chance if it is multiplicative

This was one of my better runs with my Angela, so he was at 60%. I believe the placebo buffs are counting, because I had survived many cycles of the nullify nuke by that point, and in my numerous other tries with her I had survived many cycles with only those 3 buffs. Of course, there is always the chance I got extremely lucky up to a point on my runs, but the probability of that seems low
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Reference said:

CGR also an good option.

I see a 20% revive was used and less than 3 hits were thrown for that ko since the count is not on screen! What snake oil are you selling!!

J.K. nice job on the solo!

Yeah, RNG is very much an issue at times with Hype, but he usually pulls through nicely even when it's not favorable. As long as the stun lock would have kept up, I could have solo'd him too, but it failed to land and an sp3 ensued...lights out.

Hype is a solid option on this one and no shame in using 1-2 l1 revives if RNG requires it. That's peanut for the rewards!!
    Whatever. I don't feel it's a shame if you or whoever need to use revives in a fight.

With your logic then every fight is fake.

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,724 ★★★★★
    I revive with 5/65 HT.

8 tries. On the 9th I got him down to 20% then just spent the revive to get it done.