**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I hate to say this, but SoP’s Rewards to Difficulty ratio is way too high

CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
I love SoP so far, I think it’s been a wonderful event, and the rewards are awesome.

A bit too awesome at the moment

As of right now any cav players with mediocre skills or some unitd, even ones on 6.2, are going to receive 50% t5cc in selectors at the end. If the next 2 fights are close to the same difficulty, that will be 75% t5cc.

We are going to be having cav players working through 6.2 and beyond with a r3 6*, which are usually so difficult to obtain that it’s quickest to get abyss done. Nearly every cav player that has 6.4 done is guaranteed tb, and anyone before that is getting tb right with 6.4 completion.

Now, this sounds great for cavs, but in all reality it’s going to make late game progression even easier, which means that the next time we get hard content, there’ll be a lot more players who haven’t improved their skills enough and were carried through act 6 with a r3.

Tb is also going to no longer be a very rare title, because most cavs are going to be getting it after SoP.

There’s not really a solution other than a nerf, which would be a HORRIBLE decision, so there’s not really any options left here.

I just wanted to do a quick explanation of why I think content like this needs either higher difficulty by a lot or less rewards, because it’s bad for the game as a whole.

Comments

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Tb is also going to no longer be a very rare title, because most cavs are going to be getting it after SoP.

It isn't really intended to be a rare title, but regardless most Cavs aren't going to become TB after SoP rewards go out because they will still need 6.4 completion, which contrary to what some people say is still a significant barrier for most players. What this will do is make the R3 hurdle extremely low for Cavs who live through SoP.

But once SoP is gone (and technically, in terms of T5CC it is already at the point where newly minted Cavs can't get high enough anymore) every player that reaches Cav afterwards will have the same hurdle as Cav players had before SoP. SoP's Cav2TB benefits are temporary.
    Considering all the revives we’ve been compensated, think that shouldn’t be much an issue
  • Options
    last 2 weeks of SOP were UC level fights and help get players TB level rewards. Maybe kabam wants to release a new progression title?
  • Options
    TB is CAV all over again. Nerfed 6.1 into a clown fest where anyone can grab CAV.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★

last 2 weeks of SOP were UC level fights and help get players TB level rewards. Maybe kabam wants to release a new progression title?

Sadly I predict this is what will happen by the end of 7.4 - Time Conqueror or some such kang-linked jazz.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,880 Guardian
    Add another title. Requirement 5 r3 6* or maybe more.
  • Options
    _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    Bugmat78 said:

Sadly I predict this is what will happen by the end of 7.4 - Time Conqueror or some such kang-linked jazz.
    I don't mind the new title at all I just hope they won't lock it behind r4 6 star, that would really tick me off!

• Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    _wasabi_ said:

Bugmat78 said:

I don't mind the new title at all I just hope they won't lock it behind r4 6 star, that would really tick me off!

Don’t put your hopes up too much, because that’s more likely what is going to happen.
    It’s pretty sure the next progress tier will be locked behind the 6* r4 requirement.
    It worked great in the near past, as a monetising tool, and it will work again, and that’s not necessarily bad for either sides, both Kabam and players.
    Only thing the devs need to be careful, is for ftp to have access to all materials needed to r4 a character through content, by the time the requirement goes live.
  • Options
    _wasabi__wasabi_ Posts: 102 ★★
    Greekhit said:

_wasabi_ said:

Bugmat78 said:

Don’t put your hopes up too much, because that’s more likely what is going to happen.
    It’s pretty sure the next progress tier will be locked behind the 6* r4 requirement.
    It worked great in the near past, as a monetising tool, and it will work again, and that’s not necessarily bad for either sides, both Kabam and players.
    Only thing the devs need to be careful, is for ftp to have access to all materials needed to r4 a character through content, by the time the requirement goes live.
    It is a possibility, sure, we can only speculate and wait and see. I do not think though personally that they would do that. I rather think next title will be in early act 8 which will be accessible with 6 star champions only and that would be enough of a requirement in my opinion. r4 mats are way too new to be hiding content behind them, but as i said, just speculating, time will tell.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

TB is CAV all over again. Nerfed 6.1 into a clown fest where anyone can grab CAV.

Cavalier and Thronebreaker are progressional titles. By definition, they have to be things most players can eventually achieve. They aren't elite titles meant for only the absolute top players. Such things only exist outside of the progression path of the game.

There's never going to be a progression title that only elite players can achieve. If the only players who could qualify for it were the tiny wedge of players at the very top, there would not be enough players to justify the work to create that progression title.
    All games have to have an end goal that’s tough to achieve. Especially in a game like this with hundreds of hours of content, I would never expect everyone to have the final title. It’s much more likely for it to be available to only a tiny group at the top being so difficult to achieve.
  • Options
    SlumpGod said:

I did cav pre nerf, it was never difficult.
    SlumpGod said:

I did cav pre nerf, it was never difficult.
    Point being they made CAV much easier when the difficulty was fine as it were. They made getting TB significantly more easier now with SOP.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Crcrcrc said:

DNA3000 said:

Cavalier and Thronebreaker are progressional titles. By definition, they have to be things most players can eventually achieve. They aren't elite titles meant for only the absolute top players. Such things only exist outside of the progression path of the game.

There's never going to be a progression title that only elite players can achieve. If the only players who could qualify for it were the tiny wedge of players at the very top, there would not be enough players to justify the work to create that progression title.
    All games have to have an end goal that’s tough to achieve. Especially in a game like this with hundreds of hours of content, I would never expect everyone to have the final title. It’s much more likely for it to be available to only a tiny group at the top being so difficult to achieve.
    All finite games have to have an end goal that is tough to achieve. But most progressional games as a service do not. No PvE-focused one ever does. Games that transition from PvE progress to PvP end game can have a final top tier progressional title, because the game eventually abandons PvE progress altogether and does something completely different. But all games that remain PvE-progressional keep extending the progress ladder upward. The only time there's a final last progressional tier is when the game shuts down or goes into permanent maintenance mode and the devs stop making progressional tiers.
    That’s actually an odd way of thinking of it because progressional games almost always have a small group in the final area, whereas finite games always have nearly everyone in the endgame.