**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Remove defender rating from aw

KALIZOKALIZO Posts: 484 ★★
Can't say how many times I my alliance been match against opponents who are 2-4millions more rating than us, with a bigger roster of high ranked champs. Although we both manage to 100% the map with both team displaying 150 diverse champs, it comes down to defender rating. An absolute **** way to lose a war if you ask me, my suggestion is to remove this defender rating and at least give a fighting chance to an alliance with a lesser defender rating.

Comments

• Options
    Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I actually think this is a great idea. Points shouldn't be awarded just for placing more r4 5*s. Shouldn't be based off rosters. Theres really no reason for points for defender rating.
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    How else can they differentiate a win if you both 100% and max diversity??? Always a tie (means both lose)?
    The other alliance gets rewarded by committing more powerful champs, at least higher rated, making their defense tougher. Granted, this gets back to defender kills, but this will sort itself out in the long run because next war after a loss probably a lesser alliance.
  • Options
    Pandorica333Pandorica333 Posts: 64
    The reward for higher defender rating should be the stronger defense, nothing point wise. That way both teams are never out of it from the beginning. I’m sure every alliance has fought people stronger and weaker than them. But then what is the tie breaker??
    If both diversify and complete 100%. Where can one team win. This would require either defender kills being reintroduced which is probably not gonna happen or some new stat which could be equally messed up
  • Options
    RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    i agree however i have no clue what to put in place. otherwise everyone would tie lol
  • Options
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    How else can they differentiate a win if you both 100% and max diversity??? Always a tie (means both lose)?
    The other alliance gets rewarded by committing more powerful champs, at least higher rated, making their defense tougher. Granted, this gets back to defender kills, but this will sort itself out in the long run because next war after a loss probably a lesser alliance.

If that’s the case wouldn’t the alliance with the lower rating have done better since they also completed 100% against a higher defender rated alliance?

To break a tie why not which alliance completed 100% 1st, used fewer potions/revives, shortest overall attack time, defender kills? Just my opinion but those suggestions/options seem more skill and team based ideas than defender rating.
  • Options
    Pandorica333Pandorica333 Posts: 64
    edited November 2017
    The people who had to beat a higher rated opponents would do better on attack but the war isn’t all about attack. The defending team would have done better on defense technically so you’re just turning the problem around. Time based wouldn’t be great because that leads to problems with time zones and if servers go down, etc.
  • Options
    thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Rixob wrote: »
    i agree however i have no clue what to put in place. otherwise everyone would tie lol

defender kills.......

Bingo.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    If they refuse to use defender kills, just have a stalemate outcome.

Both get 100%, max diversity? Then both get 100% explore rewards, both get half what the victor normally gets in shards, both get a challenger crystals, neither alliance rank changes up or down, try again next time.

It rewards both teams equally.
  • Options
    KALIZO wrote: »
    Can't say how many times I my alliance been match against opponents who are 2-4millions more rating than us, with a bigger roster of high ranked champs. Although we both manage to 100% the map with both team displaying 150 diverse champs, it comes down to defender rating. An absolute **** way to lose a war if you ask me, my suggestion is to remove this defender rating and at least give a fighting chance to an alliance with a lesser defender rating.

The thing is as time goes on, that alliance's war rating will end up being higher than yours and you will start facing alliances which are much closer to your alliance rating. AW is currently a prestige war... It just takes time for the war rating to adjust from where it was.

Defender rating is solid as a "tiebreaker" but we just need defender kills back.

The entire community see's this.

No one wants prestige wars. We want alliance wars where we can match our strategy of placement and skill against other alliances. Keep diversity points, that makes war more interesting but we absolutely need kill points back. It should count for something to place your champs well.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    defender rating is fine just add in point for defender kills
  • Options
    Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    Keep defender rating, keep diversity... Those are both acceptable metrics to track. However, they should not be the sole determination of the winner. How is it fair to know that you may have won or lost before a single fight between the two alliances has taken place? Where is the skill in that? Kabam, you need to bring back defender kills as a factor in war.

This last war was an example (see screenshot). These new node changes will mean nothing, just like the last few node enhancements. The system is broken. You thought that Bane would stop us from 100% exploration as much... wrong. If defender kills made a difference in the outcome again, then that would slow down the exploration.

fru8jdfimlwt.png
  • Options
    VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    Agree... defender rating just mean that big ally is always winner when it come to lower rating ally even they has same 100%.
    Not fair.

Low can do same as higher ally should have more appreciation.
  • Options
    KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    Our last 7 wars, the other alliance has been 2mill higher on everyone. Just don't understand
  • Options
    isnerbabyisnerbaby Posts: 34
    i agree with jsourp its sad we had 33 more defender kills and lose.. u want diversity to give extra points fine but bring back defender kills
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    I think you miss the point why things are in place the way they are.

The contest is about collecting champs and rating means you need to collect the highest prestige champs. It allows end game players not to feel like they won the game with a solid useful 4/55 roster. It is prestige wars and there is no coincidence why new champs have had such high prestige even if they aren't "optimal".

Secondly defender kills is tough to be economically smart to bring back for kabam. Cannot stress how many items I see being thrown at wars withouy defender kills. For example two wars ago my alliance had over 100 defender kills to the other alliance's 30ish. They barely won the war with rating.

I DO NOT AGREE with this methodology, but it is so obvious why things are the way they are and is not some grand mystery. Some companies squeeze profits so tight, not care about product/customers/viability (not saying this is kabam) but just how much they can profit before it is run to the ground and then start the next company. Its actually a very common business practice. However, I personally feel that if your product is solid, your customers are happy, and full of loyalty, then the profits will pour in anyways. Unfortunately executives and father companies are taught to specifically minimize expenses and maximize revenue regardless of what else occurs.
  • Options
    xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    It's ass backwards. Points should be recalculated for attacker kills. Defender rating should be flat rates.

If you face tougher opponents always than you always lose based upon current setup. Shouldn't weaker teams be rewarded for beating stronger teams? If all my defendant r's are 500 pi but all yours are 1000 pi, you win. But if I do exactly the same amount as you I should win because I beat tougher completion, not because I am tougher competition.

But it all boils down to... The whales