**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nexus Cav Crystals

Comments

• Options
    DernickDernick Posts: 26
    I didn't check the drop rates 6 * before I bought them. Sneaky Kabam
    Dont buy that offer!
  • Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    Definitely misleading having the old drop rates on these crystals. Hopefully someone from Kabam weighs in and they send the appropriate crystals out.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    VTA92 said:

Definitely misleading having the old drop rates on these crystals. Hopefully someone from Kabam weighs in and they send the appropriate crystals out.

On a Sunday? Good luck
  • Options
    VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★

VTA92 said:

On a Sunday? Good luck
    Weird, did anything in my post say Sunday? Nope, didn’t think so. Thanks!
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    Tomorrow is a holiday in Canada so I wouldn't expect an answer until Tuesday at the earliest but you never know
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,021 ★★★★★

Catmanndo said:

I purchased without checking the ratios as well, I’m feeling slighted. Since when do crystals of the same description offer a lower drop rate for the higher tiers?
    That’s not right Kabam, that’s a sleazy move even for you. Misleading us is only going to make future purchases less likely.
    Stop screwing us over 🥵

I don't understand why everyone is assuming that this is an intentional and malicious move by Kabam rather than just an error. It's more likely that they made a mistake than they are trying to screw people over.
    I tend to agree with this. Have we seen basic Nexus Cavalier crystals since the drop rates improved? It could be that somebody slapped these in without checking to see if they’d been updated back when this deal was planned.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Catmanndo said:

I purchased without checking the ratios as well, I’m feeling slighted. Since when do crystals of the same description offer a lower drop rate for the higher tiers?
    That’s not right Kabam, that’s a sleazy move even for you. Misleading us is only going to make future purchases less likely.
    Stop screwing us over 🥵

I don't understand why everyone is assuming that this is an intentional and malicious move by Kabam rather than just an error. It's more likely that they made a mistake than they are trying to screw people over.
    I tend to agree with this. Have we seen basic Nexus Cavalier crystals since the drop rates improved? It could be that somebody slapped these in without checking to see if they’d been updated back when this deal was planned.
    I don't recall seeing them since the drop rates were buffed. I think it is very likely that the code for the Cav Nexuses just never got updated since they are infrequently used and it just slipped through.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited August 2021

Wicket329 said:

Catmanndo said:

Stop screwing us over 🥵

I don't recall seeing them since the drop rates were buffed. I think it is very likely that the code for the Cav Nexuses just never got updated since they are infrequently used and it just slipped through.
    Yeah, I think it was just an error. I sent in a support ticket, hope to get the correct crystals or a refund.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Catmanndo said:

Stop screwing us over 🥵

Yeah, I think it was just an error. I sent in a support ticket, hope to get the correct crystals or a refund.
    I wouldn't count on a refund, but I think it likely that we will get the correct crystals.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Catmanndo said:

Stop screwing us over 🥵

This ⬆️ I merely asked people to redirect their negative feelings towards support staff.
  • Options
    AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 933 ★★★

• Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Totally worth it to me

Yeah I’ll pass on this offer because you’ve stolen all the luck for yourself with those pulls.
  • Options
    StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    I'm guessing this was either a mistake or oversight and I would expect them to correct it hopefully by sending the correct crystals to anyone that purchased the offer. I can't see them refunding things along with the headaches of backing out of any pulls that occurred.
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Uh I got uh….. nothing cause I’m FTP
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Everyone's doing incorrect math here.

Those odds are *per spin of the crystal*.

Each nexus spins *three times*.

Thus, it's a 1% chance three times. Therefore the average rounds out to be roughly the same as a regular cav, except you get to pick the best option available. How else did I get 6 5*s at a supposedly 10% chance?
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

YoMoves said:

Everyone's doing incorrect math here.

Those odds are *per spin of the crystal*.

Each nexus spins *three times*.

Thus, it's a 1% chance three times. Therefore the average rounds out to be roughly the same as a regular cav, except you get to pick the best option available. How else did I get 6 5*s at a supposedly 10% chance?

3 rolls of 1% is mathematically worse than 1 roll of 3% just fyi. This is completely shady and misleading. If the intention was to make that the drop rates then that should have been made clear
    Still nothing shady or misleading. In fact, the odds are higher than advertised. If you bought it, that's on you. The odds were posted there and you chose to buy it without looking, man.

Again, I still argue that even without the cavs it was a perfectly fine deal. 2.5 6* crystals at below market value. All the same, I still think this is better as you get to pick the best option out of 3 picks, and my results showed as I only turned up a single 3* despite a supposed 50% 3* drop rate. Looked fine on my end, chief.
  • Options
    UnitmanUnitman Posts: 241 ★★

I’m not even mad. I’ll do the deal again next month if they offer it.