**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

PSA: The Best Way to Spend Digital Snapshots for Cavs+

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
I'll preface this with the caution that my math might not be 100% correct, so don't go blaming me if I'm off by 500 snapshots or something. For each item, I'll write how much of each item you'll get, how many times you buy it, and how many total snapshots it costs. Cavs will get a maximum of 15,000 snapshots, so that's the number that I'm using to determine how much most will have to spend.

Make a copy of spreadsheet

There is a link to make a copy of the document in case you want to make a personalized one depending on the rewards you want, along with a screenshot of the spreadsheet.

Comments

• Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Thank this is a great guide, personally I’m not gonna go for the T5B and sig stones since I want the cav shards, but this was still really helpful!
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Thank this is a great guide, personally I’m not gonna go for the T5B and sig stones since I want the cav shards, but this was still really helpful!

I figured there are a ton of people not going for some things. Personally, I’m not going for the AG crystal, since I’d much rather have the cav shards and the 4* nexuses
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Completely pointless event.

It is not really a question of what you buy.. just the order you buy it in since you can pretty much buy everything of any worth.

One day they will make this type of event (very good as concept) a proper choice by allowing us to buy what we want as cost of other items.

As Example - allow 25 6* stones, as gonna mean less t5cc - but players have choice
    Malreck04 said:

Monk1 said:

It is not really a question of what you buy.. just the order you buy it in since you can pretty much buy everything of any worth.

One day they will make this type of event (very good as concept) a proper choice by allowing us to buy what we want as cost of other items.

As Example - allow 25 6* stones, as gonna mean less t5cc - but players have choice

So you WANT to have access to less stuff? Some of the people on these forums man...
    Can’t you understand what I said…

I want to be able to buy what I want/need.. that is the very concept of a store. This model forces me to buy t5cc that I don’t need as with 15k you can buy everything.

Not sure how this equates to wanting less
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Monk1 said:

There are 2 types of people in these forums. Reasonable people who argue only when required, and people like you who hate on Kabam for everything. This is a pretty good event which most of the people like, and then people like you come and start complaining about something that isn’t even reasonable to complain about. Just leave Kabam alone dude.
    I’m not arguing..

Just saying why waste time calling something a store when you can just buy everything. It just makes things overly complex..

When you can buy everything it makes the point of a store pointless
    Monk1 said:

I’m not arguing..

Just saying why waste time calling something a store when you can just buy everything. It just makes things overly complex..

When you can buy everything it makes the point of a store pointless

the point of it is that you can't buy everything
    You can buy everything of remote value
    Monk1 said:

You can buy everything of remote value

if you want everything that is available for uncollected and higher, then you're missing out on 5* shards, 4* nexuses, pfps, cavs, and legendary crystal shards. i'd say at least some of those are what players would call remote value, even if you just want it for something like iso
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    @TheBair123 is there a point in buying such few mythic shards? I haven’t read through the rewards for the snapshots yet. Do we get more shards elsewhere? Seems to me that if anyone buys any of those shards they’d buy enough for one Crystal. I could be wrong, let me know. Ty for the guide, makes it easier for me.
    Jaded said:

@ TheBair123 is there a point in buying such few mythic shards? I haven’t read through the rewards for the snapshots yet. Do we get more shards elsewhere? Seems to me that if anyone buys any of those shards they’d buy enough for one Crystal. I could be wrong, let me know. Ty for the guide, makes it easier for me.

right now, i really just idea how many shards you will need to form a mythic crystal. i looked at the announcement again, and it doesn't explicitly say anywhere that there are mythic shards elsewhere in the event. but then again, it's only 60 snapshots out of 15,000, so i guess why not just buy them
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    @TheBair123 you need to request access to make a copy. If theirs a way to remove that, that would be awesome.

Edit: Image for reference

@ TheBair123 you need to request access to make a copy. If theirs a way to remove that, that would be awesome.

that's weird, let me check that
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★
    For me this is the best value:

P.S. Thanks a lot for the spreadsheet! Also, how do you know that Cavs will get 15000 snapshots?

For me this is the best value:

P.S. Thanks a lot for the spreadsheet! Also, how do you know that Cavs will get 15000 snapshots?

• SpiderLazerSpiderLazer Posts: 93 ★★
    All I know is, I’m definitely buying the Spider-Man 2099 profile picture.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

@TheBair123 is there a point in buying such few mythic shards? I haven’t read through the rewards for the snapshots yet. Do we get more shards elsewhere? Seems to me that if anyone buys any of those shards they’d buy enough for one Crystal. I could be wrong, let me know. Ty for the guide, makes it easier for me.

They will probably include extra shards in the objectives
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    The game has felt pretty grindy for me lately, though I do run two accounts. One thing I weirdly like about this store structure is that rewards are frontloaded.

Look at the sidequest ending today - the major rewards (t5cc and 6-star stones) came from 25+ clears of a sidequest with daily entries that required some waiting.

This month? You can jump in and splurge early. And if you don’t want to invest the time on getting the uncollected t5b and 6-star shards at inflated prices, you still got your Cav versions for cheap.