**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nexus Cav drop rates [Merged]

1121314151618»

Comments

• I never doubted this. You can say what you will bit when it comes to things like this kabam always does the best they can do right it

I mean they had the hotfix for the Parry/Timing bug ready for about the last week-week and a half and just waited til today to release it but sure.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Kd101 said:

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    Sure, call it fine print. Every single offer is exactly the same. The drop rates are never posted out in the open ever. You always have to click on the icon to see them. So there's no research. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You all are literally trying to fit a round peg in a square hole to support your conspiracy theory.
    So you're saying the crystal was meant to have the old drop rates?
    What I don't get about this argument is that it's utterly pointless until we know if it was a mistake. But then, when has that ever stopped anyone?
    Well its a mistake, nothing else left to say smh.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Re: 6-Star Daily Card & Thronebreaker Daily Card (August 1 - 2, 2021)

We sincerely apologise for the incorrect drop rate on the Nexus Cavalier Crystals, and thank you for your patience while we sorted this out!

Our team hopes that the following will present itself as a reasonable resolution:
    - Cavaliers who purchased the 6-Star Daily Card will receive 5 x Nexus Cavalier Crystals (with corrected drop rate);
    - Thronebreakers who purchased the Thronebreaker Daily Card will receive 10 x Nexus Cavalier Crystals (with corrected drop rate).

Please allow a few days for our team to process this distribution. We aim to deliver these to your in-game inbox by the end of the week.

Dr. Zola
  • Kd101Kd101 Posts: 122
    Rookiie said:

People who said we did not have a right to this
    Take a backseat please
    And put some sugar in your lemonade

Exactly a lot of y’all were doing just that. Don’t act like you weren’t.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

The offer was not the same for thronebreaker and cavs

5 Crystals were included for Cavs. 10 for TB.

Ok Thx for the answers

• StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    Kudos to Kabam. They have been much better at handling compensation over the last little while
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★
    xNig said:

Another way to view the situation is this.

One month back, you walked past an electronic shop and saw that their televisions were on 50% discount.

So for that month, you saved your money and when you went back there a month later, the television you were intending to buy is no longer on discount.

Is it ethical and fair for the shop to remove the discount? Definitely. It’s their right to sell and market whatever they want at whatever price point they want.

Can you cry and whine about it and hope they give you that 50% discount you were hoping for? Maybe. But if they do, they did it as a gesture of goodwill but not because they were obligated to.

lol Not really. that would be a discount offer not a permanent price drop. That would be like Microsoft announcing dropping the price of Xbox from 399 to 299 because a new model came out and then charging you 399 at checkout.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021

xNig said:

Another way to view the situation is this.

One month back, you walked past an electronic shop and saw that their televisions were on 50% discount.

So for that month, you saved your money and when you went back there a month later, the television you were intending to buy is no longer on discount.

Is it ethical and fair for the shop to remove the discount? Definitely. It’s their right to sell and market whatever they want at whatever price point they want.

Can you cry and whine about it and hope they give you that 50% discount you were hoping for? Maybe. But if they do, they did it as a gesture of goodwill but not because they were obligated to.

lol Not really. that would be a discount offer not a permanent price drop. That would be like Microsoft announcing dropping the price of Xbox from 399 to 299 because a new model came out and then charging you 399 at checkout.
    That's similar to my analogy!
    Also your forum username is f***ing cool
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 506 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    theham said:

No doubt there's a lot of meritless complaints on this forum, but if the community is legitimately affected we don't need bad actors, intentional or otherwise being a hindrance in finding a solution.

So, I'm interested in what your definition of a "bad actor" is.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★

Man_Bat said:

Still no word? Man, how long is it going to be before Kabam responds?

So it's been less than 2 working hours for Kabam since this issue came up (yesterday was a stat holiday). Hopefully we'll get something by end of business today.
    Bro, it's been an issue for 2 days and they obviously know it's a big issue. They even had an employee take the time to merge the threads together. I was just saying, I would have expected them to address it first thing.
    It wasn't "an issue". It was an error that needed correcting. It wasn't affecting playability or stability or events. And Kabam offered a good correction once they got around to it and I'm quite content with that.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    theham said:

Kd101 said:

I have been thinking about this. So here is my analogy.

If I go to the store to buy a coke or Pepsi and I pay for it open it in the car and drink it. Only for it to taste weird. I then turn the bottle on to the back and in very fine print it says diet flavor.

Now the front package is identical. Would you trust you were getting a coke? And would it be your fault for not reading the back first to make sure it was regular not diet?

Cause these crystals were diet.

But that's not what happened at all. We all know where to check drop rates. They didn't try and hide it by putting the rates in a different spot or anything. They were there for everyone one to check.

It's not bait and switch. It's not even shady. I'm almost 100% certain Miike said in the past that Cav nexus crystals weren't going to be updated, but I am not certain. I feel this came up before.
    You are incorrect sir. It was not clear. It had to be researched. Hence it’s not clear. Clear would be stated on front of the advert. Old cav crystals for sale. Not new. And packaging was the same
    By "researched" you mean clicking on the icon in the deals screen and seeing the drop rates like you always?
    Did you not read up top? That is called fine print….. something one would be more likely to realize after everything is over and the mistake would have been made. The whole point is that something that simple and easy to neglect shouldn’t have been that way.
    Sure, call it fine print. Every single offer is exactly the same. The drop rates are never posted out in the open ever. You always have to click on the icon to see them. So there's no research. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary. You all are literally trying to fit a round peg in a square hole to support your conspiracy theory.
    So you're saying the crystal was meant to have the old drop rates?
    Yes. That's exactly what I said. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Let me guess, this issue somehow effects your top 30 AQ alliance and you have people quitting because of it?
    You're a total clown and a joke. Kabam just compensated everyone for the mistake with the drop rates. This is why I let you talk so you can continue to show your ignorance.

Also my alliance placed 21st in AQ so we are about to be a top 20 alliance. Something you know nothing about.
    When did I ever say they shouldn't compensate? I didn't say that ever in this thread period. Never once did I ever say they shouldn't. Just like your previous comment, you are trying to out words into my mouth.

You tried to say that I said they should have the old rates. Never said that.

Now you're trying to say I said they shouldn't compensate. Didn't say that.

No one cares about your alliance. No one care about you.

This whole comment was like 2 days ago, and you come in acting like it just happened. They just said they'll compensate everyone who bought them. Perfectly fine by me. I was happy either way.

Go find some other special kids like yourself to talk to. I'm sure they're in fantasy land like you.
    Can someone get this baby a bottle so he can quit having a temper tantrum?
    Pardon me for standing up for myself while some other a-hat tries to put words into my mouth. Not a tantrum.
    Standing up for yourself? You caused the argument smooth brain.
    How? How did I cause anything?

I
    NEVER
    SAID
    THEY
    SHOULDN'T
    COMPENSATE
    FOR
    THE
    DROP
    RATES

You can't find me saying that anywhere in this thread. Period.
    No, but what you did is come in and fight the arguments of players who were affected by this mistake, and you were an obstacle in getting this issue fixed.

If more troublemakers like you joined the thread and more affected users felt it wasn't worth the effort, then maybe none of this would have been resolved.
    I wasn't anymore of an obstacle than you admitting you put that come comment in there about the coke thing. Amazing how that works. That guy calls me a troll only to be trolling. So if I created arguments like you said, you and I are the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.