Options

Again Heal Block in the EQ?

DissapointedDissapointed Posts: 246 ★★★
edited August 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Like Kabam do you even listen to our feedback? If you had then you would already know how much of a BS node the skill one is.
If you run suicides you are practically screwed. You are gonna have only 4 options (Aegon, Mole-Man, Hit-Monkey, Shang-Chi) from the skill class out of 34 champs!!!
Is this your idea for fun content? No one is gonna spend 60+ units on mastery change just for this quest.

Heal block in EQ, Heal block in AW, what's next? Heal block in the arena? Heal block in story content?

(https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/268866/why-is-there-a-heal-block-passive-in-eq
Previous thread on this BS node)
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

This is most "your" fault then their's.
    Either don't use suicides or use champions that can counter them

What's your reasoning behind this? Why shouldn't I be able to run suicides for this quest?
    Kabam has decided to boost a particular class in each quest and if you run suicides you only have 4 viable options from the skill class. Suicide users shouldn't have this penalty just because they prefer to run this matsery set-up
    This is like saying people that don't use them shouldn't have to deal with longer arena and quest fights bc they choose not to use them. Your mastery setup is a choice not a right.
    Difference is that it doesn't actively hurt to not run suicides in arena. There isn't a node that unreasonably punishes 80%+ of the champs in the game by forcing health loss. That's not a good comparison at all.
    Slower fights are a penalty regardless. If someone doesn't like any cosmic champs and choose to not rank them up, should Kabam delete the cosmic quest from EQ for them?

Heal block exists in this game. It's not a new node. If you want to run those masteries, figure out how to deal with it or just change them.
    Time is not a penalty for most. The only people who care about speed are those top 5% who are pushing to stay there. The cosmic quest can be done by any champ regardless. All classes are affected by a global quest heal block. It's not even comparable.

And yes, heal block LANES exist in the game. Tell me where else Heal Block is implemented in an entire quest apart from the Cav Skill EQ?
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 ★★★★★
    I don't run suicides at the moment so this doesn't really affect me beyond being unable to use my willpower mastery, but what I will say is this: a lot of people gave a lot of (what felt like) valuable feedback on this node last time around. Maybe change the debuffs into passive effects so that they didn't interact with willpower, maybe make it so that the heal block only targets non-damaging debuffs, maybe place a partial heal block instead of a full one, etc etc.

None of that came to be. I find that a bit...weird. I think Kabam has been very good at tweaking their Cav nodes since they introduced the difficulty, so having the one node that a sizeable portion of the community hated remain unchanged feels a bit odd.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    I’ve got 1 path left to explore the skill cav eq, no revives or potions needed yet running full ouchies
    Team is
    R3 fury
    R3 molegod
    R2 kingpin
    R5 shang
    R3 torch

I’ve lost a champ here or there due to the heal block but it’s doable
  • Options
    TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    i run suicides and pretty much ok with it.
    it just means that if im not quick enough, then i cant solo d lane with 1 champ.
    or if ur really that bothered with hbp then, bring a champion that is both poison n bleed immune. u dont have to bring skill champs

Its not a must to use skill champs, it just gives you benefit for using them.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,078 ★★★★
    Shang chi and hitmonkey do all the work here, easy to purify and if you are running suicides you should have a suicide friendly roster anyway. Nick + deadpool xforce wont give the heal but the purify of one debuff helps and gives you one fury
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,192 ★★★★★
    I usually turn off the recoil tree when I do the monthly EQ. I only need to mess with one tree, and it only costs 60 units, which is easy to farm.

But in terms of your complaint, Kabam is in no way obligated to only design content that enables you to get willpower healing from the bleed and poison masteries. Heal block is nothing new in the game, and you chose to enable those masteries knowing that you might face heal block nodes/champs.

There are only a few champs that you really NEED to have bleed/poison/willpower for. For many champs it helps but is not necessary. If you are doing Cav difficulty, I am gonna guess you have a big roster and can handle it.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,192 ★★★★★

I’ve got 1 path left to explore the skill cav eq, no revives or potions needed yet running full ouchies
    Team is
    R3 fury
    R3 molegod
    R2 kingpin
    R5 shang
    R3 torch

I’ve lost a champ here or there due to the heal block but it’s doable

Hit Monkey loved that chapter. A lot.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

What's your reasoning behind this? Why shouldn't I be able to run suicides for this quest?
    Kabam has decided to boost a particular class in each quest and if you run suicides you only have 4 viable options from the skill class. Suicide users shouldn't have this penalty just because they prefer to run this matsery set-up
    This is like saying people that don't use them shouldn't have to deal with longer arena and quest fights bc they choose not to use them. Your mastery setup is a choice not a right.
    Difference is that it doesn't actively hurt to not run suicides in arena. There isn't a node that unreasonably punishes 80%+ of the champs in the game by forcing health loss. That's not a good comparison at all.
    Slower fights are a penalty regardless. If someone doesn't like any cosmic champs and choose to not rank them up, should Kabam delete the cosmic quest from EQ for them?

Heal block exists in this game. It's not a new node. If you want to run those masteries, figure out how to deal with it or just change them.
    Time is not a penalty for most. The only people who care about speed are those top 5% who are pushing to stay there. The cosmic quest can be done by any champ regardless. All classes are affected by a global quest heal block. It's not even comparable.

And yes, heal block LANES exist in the game. Tell me where else Heal Block is implemented in an entire quest apart from the Cav Skill EQ?
    The skill quest can be done with any champ as well. Use a robot
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,444 ★★★★★
    There absolutely has to be a cash grab every month, and this month it is p. parker.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 747 ★★★★
    I run suicides and just did this chapter…

R3 Elsa + KP
    R2 BWDO
    R5 Nick
    R5 torch solo the boss

I did not use a single item or lose any champs. They all finished with lowish health but not hard.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

The skill quest can be done with any champ as well. Use a robot
    That's a bad take and you know it. Your bitterness towards those who want to run suicides all the time while you can't or don't want to, shows. Valid criticism of the way an entire quest is penalising the large majority of the games champs because of a fundamental core game mechanic, being masteries, is not good game design. Having a bad take because of your own bitterness is not a good argument.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

@Worknprogress this is a dumb take, even from you. I dont run suicides personally, but i understand the frustration. Having healblock in an entire quest unnecessarily penalizes a specific popular mastery setup, and changing to and from that setup is quite expensive, just for a quest. It is like locking a quest behind a gate that NEEDS MD5 which is quite stupid.

I understand the frustration, I just don't care. Healthpools across the entire game get tuned vs people running suicides and OP DPS champs which makes using anyone else that much worse. I deal with garbage in AQ and everywhere else in game bc people just cheese stuff with Corvus, Magneto, and Ghost everyday so things won't ever get adjusted. So sorry if I don't have any sympathy that people get inconvenienced in an event quest every few months
    Many feel like Suicides is a QOL decision. Arena, grindy side quests, AQ... of course it helps. Who wouldn't want to reduce their time spent on these by 60%? We just don't like the design concept of "just slap heal block on it". Or by the same token.. "just slap true focus on it". It comes across as lazy and has side effects. The true focus "solution" nerfs other champs that weren't the target. For example.