**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Duel Targets

Aren't you supposed to be able to search for a champion by name and get a 6* duel target? This doesn't work for me most the time. Most recently, I couldn't type Superior Iron Man as the entry form wouldn't allow that many characters, and then searching for Spider-Gwen gave a bunch of results that weren't Spider-Gwen duel targets...

Am I wrong that this should be a thing?

Comments

• Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Definitely wrong. I don’t think kabam was doing any double thinking. Try write Superior Ironm and then scroll all the way down. As for spider-Gwen then you best bet is to do arena or find her quick in some quest content.
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Gwen1212 will give you an easy 3* (thanks Trucos) but it is annoying that they didn't follow through on this.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    The duel search by name is waaaaay broken. This one is usually a good source of options.

https://www.mcoc-guide.com/duel-target-sheet-for-marvel-contest-of-champions/
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★

The duel search by name is waaaaay broken. This one is usually a good source of options.

But it’s stupid to resort to other method when there is technology right there in front of your nose, but it’s limited, not added or closed.
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Daddrieda said:

But it’s stupid to resort to other method when there is technology right there in front of your nose, but it’s limited, not added or closed.
    Fact is, to be very good and knowledgable at this game there are lots of other things you have to do besides open the game app and play.
    This forum is the first and most obvious example. Without this forum and coming on daily, there is so much happening in the game that I’d have no idea about.
    Social communication apps are another example. Most top alliances make this a prerequisite as the in game functions aren’t up to scratch.
    Researching Arena cut off points is another none game based thing, which strictly speaking isn’t a necessity, but if you don’t want to piss away a weekend grinding for a champ only to realise you’re nowhere near the required amount, it’s advisable.
    Aunt Mai is great for giving stats ‘advice’ on possible rank ups and other questions like signature ability increases.
    There’s a synergy app/page which I use regularly, particularly when I get a new champ and am unfamiliar with their synergies.
    There’s the ‘immunity’ lists which come in very handy when certain contain requires it.
    And just in case all that isn’t enough, you can subscribe and watch a whole host of YouTube ‘experts’ on how they play the game, and get obsessed with their personal preferences known as tier lists.

I’ve forgot what this thread subject was about....
  • Options
    KronkKronk Posts: 23
    Kabam should have all these duel targets visible when you tap search or as a button on its own. This will allow users to forego typing the name of the champ in the search field. I have never understood why this piece of UI has been so poorly worked out. Having a scrollable list of duel targets will also negate the need to type in the champs exact name or character usage i.e: M.O.D.O.K. Having duel targets is so handy and having Kabam's champs be searchable seemed like a great mid-point solution, but so many of these are missing or non-existent that it is frustrating. please fix the UI/UX here Kabam as part of you Quality of Life changes.
  • Options
    qrlsqrls Posts: 40
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    Any recent news on this issue?
    (though I know that the control issues should be top priority for sure)
    Also, it's never listed in the Known Issues thread somehow, and that's kinda weird.
  • Options
    StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    The duel target search feature has been broken for months. I’ve been trying to advocate for a duel path through the champion tab. All the characters are already there, just build the code for a path to enter a duel for that champion. We’d have the option to “use items”, “duel”, or “info”.
  • Options
    It seems that the duel targets were removed, They were very useful, please bring them back soon...