**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer of Pain extra point

Can someone with Kabam state if the extra point has been taken back?

Need to know if I need to unitsman myself to the mercenary point this week LOL

Comments

• LSUCoolsLSUCools Posts: 49
    Thanks sir.
    Just finished it with Hit Monkey. Only one revive too.

I was proud of myself LOL

But, maybe they took the point back now? Cause I am sitting at 24, which is where I should be WITHOUT the extra point.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    The devs may be taking the points back one account at a time rather than all at once as they datamine the bug, so some players might see the corrected score and others might see the extra point still there.

That would make sense given how they would have to correct things, and it explains why they said only that the points would be removed by a certain date, not on a certain date.
    DNA3000 said:

The devs may be taking the points back one account at a time rather than all at once as they datamine the bug, so some players might see the corrected score and others might see the extra point still there.

That would make sense given how they would have to correct things, and it explains why they said only that the points would be removed by a certain date, not on a certain date.

That’s possible, I did see a post on here where rewards will actually be given for SoP next week now! So, they probably wanted to get those points taken back before the ghost fight is over.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    LSUCools said:

DNA3000 said:

That’s possible, I did see a post on here where rewards will actually be given for SoP next week now! So, they probably wanted to get those points taken back before the ghost fight is over.
    Yup.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1887529/#Comment_1887529
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Just FYI. I had the extra point, and as soon as I did 26 (+1) it said all objectives complete and you no longer get to see if you have 26, 27 or 28 points anymore.

Knowing a point is going to be subtracted, I did the final objective and couldn't see 28 either. So I have no idea if/when the point is/was taken.

All I care about is that they don't somehow mess it up and I'm stuck showing I need a point still.

Took a video of my status and objective pagess, just in case, but wish I would have recorded before and after reaching each objective to be safe.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    I too would like an answer on this. I thought it was already taken back.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,106 ★★★★★

I too would like an answer on this. I thought it was already taken back.

All you need to know is that to get all the milestones, you need to complete all the objectives.
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    I agree. I'd expect the percentage of players who would drop a Milestone due to the extra point would be quite low. They may as well just leave it where it is. The impact would be quite low
  • Jeal79Jeal79 Posts: 443 ★★★
    Haha. Thanks. Deffo made me chuckle 😂
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 750 ★★★
    Its pretty sucky that they are waiting so long to correct this. Its supper misleading for people playing and not of the forum everyday. I feel alot of people are going to be opening tickets after this wondering why they didn't get the rewards displayed in game.

Wow! I really did miss something. What extra point are we referring to?
    Excuse me if I missed the whole extra points thing.

Kabam extended the duration of the Darkhawk fight, but the way they did it caused the game to think the first week Darkhawk was one SoP fight and the second week Darkhawk was a different SoP fight and gave players another completion point if they defeated him the first week he came out and again in the second week. They should have gotten only one point for defeating him (separate from any objectives) and anyone who got two completion points for Darkhawk is running around with an extra point. There's no point revocation button in the game, so Kabam had to datamine all the players who got the extra point and remove that point manually. So it is taking a bit of time. But it temporarily makes some players appear to have one more point than they actually properly earned.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236

I don't think they should take it back, you can't punish the community for your mistake. And with all the crazy parry issues/game crashes right now. I think it'd be best to leave the extra point.

Rofl No... They should take it back
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    Lots of disagrees, but I’m with Jeal. Idk why everyone cares so much if someone who was able to complete 26/27 milestones (due to travel) get the last one with the extra point.

Go ahead, light me up XD

Lots of disagrees, but I’m with Jeal. Idk why everyone cares so much if someone who was able to complete 26/27 milestones (due to travel) get the last one with the extra point.

Go ahead, light me up XD

I don't think most people do care if there's one extra point or not. They do care if people actively advocate for some players to get more than the game intended to give, and they really care if people tell them what they should care about.
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

Go ahead, light me up XD

I don't think most people do care if there's one extra point or not. They do care if people actively advocate for some players to get more than the game intended to give, and they really care if people tell them what they should care about.
    That’s fair, and I respect that.

I don't think they should take it back, you can't punish the community for your mistake. And with all the crazy parry issues/game crashes right now. I think it'd be best to leave the extra point.

It was a Kabam mistake, and they should be able to correct it by taking it back. What if Kabam made a mistake of selling cav crystals with the old lower drop rates? You'd want Kabam to fix it by giving those players replacement crystals correct? You can't have it both ways all the time, where if a mistake benefits the player base then its not fixed, and if it hurts the player base then it needs to be fixed and compensated.

If players want the SoP rewards, they just needed to do the milestones :)
    It just occurred to me that we should add these to the list of bugs that did not benefit players but Kabam fixed them immediately regardless.
  • PoketanPoketan Posts: 8
    Just over a couple of days left till rewards drop for SOP.

Will Kabam remove the extra point or not? (or has anyone actually had it removed already?)

I do have the extra point and I haven't claimed the mercenary point in case something gets messed up.
  • Poketan said:

Just over a couple of days left till rewards drop for SOP.

Will Kabam remove the extra point or not? (or has anyone actually had it removed already?)

I do have the extra point and I haven't claimed the mercenary point in case something gets messed up.

You should claim the mercenary point. They already stated they would take the point away previous. Waiting to see when they take may just cause you to miss out on that one point you need for the final tier