**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

4 disagree tags but no comment...
    Maybe it is useful to remind that Thronebreakers and Cavaliers do not have the same objectives since a while. In the last week, TB could win several points per week (with the different objectives) while Cavs could only win one point (no objective). Cavs could not reach higher than step 6, said the in-game message. Of course it would have been easy for Cavs to score several points on Ghost or Venom.

There are disagrees because you’re asking for extra points to get the next milestone for either 1) no work, which doesn’t make sense because you didn’t work for them. Or 2) to get access to the Thronebreaker milestones while you’re Cav. Which doesn’t make sense because, as the name suggests, they are for Thronebreaker players.

Cav players had the opportunity to get to milestone 6 if they did every fight, and we knew how many fights you’d have to do all the way through. You knew at the start of each week how many you’d need to do to get the milestone you were targeting. If you didn’t manage to do enough fights then that’s not really on Kabam I’m afraid.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Zarakik said:

xNig said:

Zarakik said:

Expected more points, it's painfull to end at 26 points...

Based on what is your expectation fueled?
    Based on that there is one more week of SOP
    They always said 9 fights. After the 2nd week of objectives we knew that each week would have 3 objectives, meaning 9 points from fights, plus 6 x 3 lots of objectives giving 27 points exactly. That left no room for missing any points if you wanted the last milestone, I’m sorry to say that this one is on you, not Kabam.
    I mostly agree with you, but if Kabam goes out of their way to say certain calendars have no grace days, I feel like they should’ve taken the same simple step for this. My accounts ended with a perfect score on my main and 20 on my alt. I’m happy with what I did (and with what I chose to skip).
    Calendars have different reasonable expectations from challenge content. It is reasonable to expect to get all the rewards from a calendar, and the rewards are designed on the assumption that most people will get them all. But if the calendar has a long enough duration, it is possible for accidents or circumstances to cause a player to miss a day. It isn't unreasonable to try to account for that.

But when you allow for grace *fights* in *challenge content* you're now diluting the intent of the content, and since the rewards are not balanced on the assumption everyone will get them all giving people extra chances to maximize their rewards is a lot less of a reasonable expectation.

It is painful to end one point short, but it is supposed to be painful. Calendars are not really supposed to be painful. Challenge content is supposed to be painful. The pain is intentional. It turned out to not be painful for the highest tier players, but it was always going to be painful for someone.
    Uncertainty and pain are two different things. I think Kabam’s struggles with effective communication are felt by many users in many areas of the game. On the other side of that coin, Kabam could avoid a substantial number of questions/complaints by being about 10% more clear.

This is another example where a simple statement (Summoners must complete every objective to reach the highest peak milestone) would have removed any frustration or doubt from summoners’ minds. If you skip an objective, the top tier is out the window. Period.

It doesn’t affect the quality of the content or the challenge involved. It clarifies (and raises, IMO) the stakes. It makes for a better user experience by building better understanding.

I don’t want grace fights or need them. I just want a clear statement of the maximum (or the cushion) intended so I can make an informed decision.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Zarakik said:

xNig said:

Zarakik said:

They always said 9 fights. After the 2nd week of objectives we knew that each week would have 3 objectives, meaning 9 points from fights, plus 6 x 3 lots of objectives giving 27 points exactly. That left no room for missing any points if you wanted the last milestone, I’m sorry to say that this one is on you, not Kabam.
    I mostly agree with you, but if Kabam goes out of their way to say certain calendars have no grace days, I feel like they should’ve taken the same simple step for this. My accounts ended with a perfect score on my main and 20 on my alt. I’m happy with what I did (and with what I chose to skip).
    Calendars have different reasonable expectations from challenge content. It is reasonable to expect to get all the rewards from a calendar, and the rewards are designed on the assumption that most people will get them all. But if the calendar has a long enough duration, it is possible for accidents or circumstances to cause a player to miss a day. It isn't unreasonable to try to account for that.

But when you allow for grace *fights* in *challenge content* you're now diluting the intent of the content, and since the rewards are not balanced on the assumption everyone will get them all giving people extra chances to maximize their rewards is a lot less of a reasonable expectation.

It is painful to end one point short, but it is supposed to be painful. Calendars are not really supposed to be painful. Challenge content is supposed to be painful. The pain is intentional. It turned out to not be painful for the highest tier players, but it was always going to be painful for someone.
    Uncertainty and pain are two different things. I think Kabam’s struggles with effective communication are felt by many users in many areas of the game. On the other side of that coin, Kabam could avoid a substantial number of questions/complaints by being about 10% more clear.

This is another example where a simple statement (Summoners must complete every objective to reach the highest peak milestone) would have removed any frustration or doubt from summoners’ minds. If you skip an objective, the top tier is out the window. Period.

It doesn’t affect the quality of the content or the challenge involved. It clarifies (and raises, IMO) the stakes. It makes for a better user experience by building better understanding.

I don’t want grace fights or need them. I just want a clear statement of the maximum (or the cushion) intended so I can make an informed decision.
    But by week 2 of objectives we knew there would be no grace fights?
  • Options

TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Zarakik said:

xNig said:

Zarakik said:

Another way to say that was “we spent three to four weeks not knowing if 27 points was the max.” I’m not sympathetic to the complaints but if Kabam can do a better job setting expectations with one sentence, they should do it.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    How about a "grace week" where all fights are available but you only get points for objectives missed.

I don't want anything for free but I'd appreciate another chance to earn the point I missed. I'm sure there are TB guys that wouldn't mind an opportunity either.

I'd completely understand someone saying they whaled out on a particular point and wouldn't have needed to if they knew they'd get a re-do, I also understand that the rules were one fight for one week and it sucks to be me but the unique situation of a pretty major issue with parry/dex coupled with the juiciest rewards for an event in a very long time might make this worth considering.

The compensation packages, while appreciated, were heavily weighted towards other parts of the game while this event was on.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Zarakik said:

xNig said:

Zarakik said:

Another way to say that was “we spent three to four weeks not knowing if 27 points was the max.” I’m not sympathetic to the complaints but if Kabam can do a better job setting expectations with one sentence, they should do it.
    Week 1-3 only had 1 point available so that's 3 weeks that don't count out of your 3-4 weeks where we didn't know. As DNA said, the precedent had been set that Cav players had to complete every fight to get their max, so the safe bet was that TB would have to as well. By Week 4, where the objectives came in, we were 99% sure that the max available points were 27, and it was spoken about on the forum a lot.

How did we know? 9 fights each giving a point = 9 points. Week 4 came with 3 objectives, so there was a massively strong possibility that each fight would have 3 objectives heading forward. This was further backed up by the simple maths that 9 points for each fight, plus 3 points for objectives for each fight was 9+(3x9)=27. Can you really look at that and tell me that it's just a massive coincidence that by the first week of objectives there was heavy evidence for it to all add up to 27, meaning no grace fights. The reason I said by week 2 of objectives, is that at week 5 of SoP it was the second set of 3 objectives which took our confidence from 99% to 99.999%. It wasn't like we had no idea from the start and then at week 5 was the eureka moment.

Most heavily suspected from the start, anyone not completing a fight from Week 1-3 with literally any champion doesn't really have a leg to stand on if they missed a fight. From Week 4, the evidence strongly pointed to there being no grace fights, since 3 objectives came with the fight and it was unlikely to change in the coming fights. Anyone missing an objective here doesn't really have a leg to stand on either, since no grace fights were an incredibly likely option. Week 5 confirmed it, and from then on, we knew there was almost no chance of grace fights.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

How about a "grace week" where all fights are available but you only get points for objectives missed.

I don't want anything for free but I'd appreciate another chance to earn the point I missed. I'm sure there are TB guys that wouldn't mind an opportunity either.

I'd completely understand someone saying they whaled out on a particular point and wouldn't have needed to if they knew they'd get a re-do, I also understand that the rules were one fight for one week and it sucks to be me but the unique situation of a pretty major issue with parry/dex coupled with the juiciest rewards for an event in a very long time might make this worth considering.

The compensation packages, while appreciated, were heavily weighted towards other parts of the game while this event was on.

While we are there how about giving me the option to buy the faulty drop rate Cav deal (that I missed as away) so I can also get 10 free cavs in compensation as well.

Have a day off
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

While we are there how about giving me the option to buy the faulty drop rate Cav deal (that I missed as away) so I can also get 10 free cavs in compensation as well.

Have a day off
    I am not even sure how people can think this way. The rewards are so good only because of the limited time that there are available. If kabam keeps giving grace days, it's a little insulting to people who did do it within the timeframe.
  • Options
    Ekim_SaliveEkim_Salive Posts: 14
    Jack0312 said:

@Kabam Miike
    Do you have any plan for some compensation regarding parry/dex bugs and the SOP’s challenges ?
    It’s been 6 weeks now since the first bug, we still have bugs and we only had one package of compensations…
    I’m not asking for 1-2-3-… more points, I’m just asking for an extra challenge which would allow players (who had real troubles because of the bugs) to get the points they deserve.
    I hope you’ll answer my question 🙏🏽

I landed at 26 out of 27 points also and would love the opportunity to take on an extra SOP challenge to earn that point. I’m not saying it’s Kabam’s fault I came up short. Kabam is under no obligation to do anything and, if they don’t, I’ll just keep on keeping on. I’m just saying they have an opportunity to offer this as a gesture of good faith. It’s not a handout, those who need it would still have to work for it, but it might help to appease those who oldbies who stuck with it, despite it all and came up just a little short.

Real life happens - and the parry bug is a real thing. It definitely doesn’t prevent folks from completing content, but it does require additional effort and extra hours to research/trial/error how to work around certain aspects of the various fights. Like I said - Kabam is under no obligation to offer a grace period… but, all things considered, it certainly wouldn’t hurt for them to give a little grace.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

TyEdge said:

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Zarakik said:

xNig said:

Zarakik said:

Week 1-3 only had 1 point available so that's 3 weeks that don't count out of your 3-4 weeks where we didn't know. As DNA said, the precedent had been set that Cav players had to complete every fight to get their max, so the safe bet was that TB would have to as well. By Week 4, where the objectives came in, we were 99% sure that the max available points were 27, and it was spoken about on the forum a lot.

How did we know? 9 fights each giving a point = 9 points. Week 4 came with 3 objectives, so there was a massively strong possibility that each fight would have 3 objectives heading forward. This was further backed up by the simple maths that 9 points for each fight, plus 3 points for objectives for each fight was 9+(3x9)=27. Can you really look at that and tell me that it's just a massive coincidence that by the first week of objectives there was heavy evidence for it to all add up to 27, meaning no grace fights. The reason I said by week 2 of objectives, is that at week 5 of SoP it was the second set of 3 objectives which took our confidence from 99% to 99.999%. It wasn't like we had no idea from the start and then at week 5 was the eureka moment.

Most heavily suspected from the start, anyone not completing a fight from Week 1-3 with literally any champion doesn't really have a leg to stand on if they missed a fight. From Week 4, the evidence strongly pointed to there being no grace fights, since 3 objectives came with the fight and it was unlikely to change in the coming fights. Anyone missing an objective here doesn't really have a leg to stand on either, since no grace fights were an incredibly likely option. Week 5 confirmed it, and from then on, we knew there was almost no chance of grace fights.
    On my alt, I had a tougher time in the earlier weeks than I did later. I wondered whether I could skip an earlier fight or not with no clear answer. I powered through. When we reached some objectives I didn’t want to power through, I picked and chose my fights to get 20 points. My main, I did everything.

There’s no reason anyone should have to make safe assumptions. “Safe assumptions” have been wrong in this game before.
  • Options
    Ekim_SaliveEkim_Salive Posts: 14

One thing that might be worth mentioning: Kabam made a point to extend one of the segments of this event an extra week and made a public announcement that it was due to the parry bug. However, they did not extend any other weeks even though the parry bug persisted throughout the entirety of the SOP event.

I know the responsibility to finish ultimately falls on the player - not Kabam - I just realized that seems a bit inconsistent and almost sets a precedent that could lend support to this person’s suggestion.
  • Options
    JTVincibleJTVincible Posts: 15
    I really think you should consider rounding everyone up by one milestone, or at least offer some kind of opportunity to get more points, due to the fact that for most of these fights the game hasn't been working correctly. I'm a pretty decent player but not good enough to overcome the parry and dexterity problems along with the difficulty of these fights. Trying not to be too whiny, but these are some pretty amazing rewards and I know I'm not the only one who found them just too tough when combined with your bugs. I'm confident I could have done it (albeit with some item use) if the game were working right.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★

I really think you should consider rounding everyone up by one milestone, or at least offer some kind of opportunity to get more points, due to the fact that for most of these fights the game hasn't been working correctly. I'm a pretty decent player but not good enough to overcome the parry and dexterity problems along with the difficulty of these fights. Trying not to be too whiny, but these are some pretty amazing rewards and I know I'm not the only one who found them just too tough when combined with your bugs. I'm confident I could have done it (albeit with some item use) if the game were working right.

Your tone implies you choose not to use items to clear this content - that is your choice so NO u should not be given ‘free points’

We could all see the rewards and I had no issue drop revives here and there to overcome the fight mixed with lag/poor dex and abject parry. And assuming the rewards for next part are worth it, will happily spend more revives to get them.
  • Options
    rcrawfordbrcrawfordb Posts: 15
    Dears @ Kabam,

Can you please make possible to claim first the Class Nexus and then the T5CC selector?, that’s because most of the people depending on what’s inside Class Nexus we’ll select the catalyst. As you know at the time we all claim the rewards, we choose the Nexus and immediately we have to choose the two catalyst without knowing what’s inside Nexus.

Sorry my English, that’s because I speak Spanish.

Regards, -rcrawfordb

=====================

Estimados @ Kabam,

Pueden por favor hacer posible que reclamemos el cristal de Nexo de Clase y luego los Selectores de Catalizadores de Clase?, esto porque la mayoría de las personas depende de lo qué hay adentro del cristal del Nexo de Clase, así seleccionamos el Catalizador. Como uds saben al momento de reclamar los premios uno selecciona la Clase del Nexo y de inmediato pide escoger que Clase de Catalizador quiere, esto sin haber abierto el cristal del Nexo.

Saludos, -rcrawfordb
  • Options

Dears @ Kabam,

Can you please make possible to claim first the Class Nexus and then the T5CC selector?, that’s because most of the people depending on what’s inside Class Nexus we’ll select the catalyst. As you know at the time we all claim the rewards, we choose the Nexus and immediately we have to choose the two catalyst without knowing what’s inside Nexus.

Regards, -rcrawfordb

=====================

Estimados @ Kabam,

Pueden por favor hacer posible que reclamemos el cristal de Nexo de Clase y luego los Selectores de Catalizadores de Clase?, esto porque la mayoría de las personas depende de lo qué hay adentro del cristal del Nexo de Clase, así seleccionamos el Catalizador. Como uds saben al momento de reclamar los premios uno selecciona la Clase del Nexo y de inmediato pide escoger que Clase de Catalizador quiere, esto sin haber abierto el cristal del Nexo.

Saludos, -rcrawfordb

So what you’re saying is that you don’t have anyone on your roster who can make use of t5cc, and you need to pick among three random nexus champs to either take to 3/45 from scratch or awaken and r3? Umm, good luck, chief.
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★

I just wanna know the rewards for the final week

My man
  • Options
    rcrawfordbrcrawfordb Posts: 15
    TyEdge said:

Dears @ Kabam,

Regards, -rcrawfordb

=====================

Estimados @ Kabam,

Saludos, -rcrawfordb

So what you’re saying is that you don’t have anyone on your roster who can make use of t5cc, and you need to pick among three random nexus champs to either take to 3/45 from scratch or awaken and r3? Umm, good luck, chief.
    - CORRECT!, that's because the rest of my rooster doesn't deserve to be taken to R3... I only have Red Hulk and Guillotine2099 in R3... and I bet I'm not the only one.
  • Options

TyEdge said:

Dears @ Kabam,

Regards, -rcrawfordb

=====================

Estimados @ Kabam,

Saludos, -rcrawfordb

- CORRECT!, that's because the rest of my rooster doesn't deserve to be taken to R3... I only have Red Hulk and Guillotine2099 in R3... and I bet I'm not the only one.
    Perhaps you’re too chicken to do it?
  • Options
    DEMON666SRTDEMON666SRT Posts: 15
    H3t3r said:

Is this event a joke ???
    So Kabam put the Cavaliers at the same level of difficulty as the Thronebreakers even if they do not have a 6r3. And for this event a 6r3 helps a lot.
    That is not fair: it is the Thronebreakers that ask for more harder challenges. Most of the Cavaliers do not even have completed the act 6.
    Always against the Cavaliers...

I used a r4 she hulk. Got a solo. Just get good.
    The problem is not difficulty setting. The problem is within Rewards. We beat the same Boss but Thronebrakers are getting more rewards because of some other Thronebraker objectives. Even tho I am OK with it
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★

Ouff i really thought they would announce rewards today

Just give it time could be released in few hours of the rewards for the big challenge of this