**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7.2 Legend Results are out

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    Heck an easy fix and kabam has done this before. If they are caught using a merc or are a merc they are banned from all future legend runs. Why hasn’t kabam done that instead. They did it before
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Wiredawg1 said:

Heck an easy fix and kabam has done this before. If they are caught using a merc or are a merc they are banned from all future legend runs. Why hasn’t kabam done that instead. They did it before

It has been implied that while Kabam is aware of the mercs, they are using tactics that make it impossible for the developers to prove they are using mercs to a sufficiently high degree that meets their corporate requirements, thus forcing them to develop new methods to not just detect fishy activity but be able to prove it strongly enough to take action against them.

The fact that Kabam stated what the merc stories were suggests they did in fact take action against those accounts but those account holders appealed the suspensions. How else would Kabam know what the merc customer excuses were? The fact that they couldn't disprove them implies they *had* to disprove them, which implies additional requirements imposed upon them from the outside.

The mercs probably changed their methodologies slightly after 7.1 to specifically attempt to have good excuses this time around. And that's what probably prompted Kabam to suspend legend runs. They realized this cat and mouse game was going nowhere. Mercs were just learning what Kabam was using as evidence and eliminating that from their activities. They didn't become invisible, they just constructed better alibis. And that's what has to be targeted to allow legend runs to come back.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

It has been implied that while Kabam is aware of the mercs, they are using tactics that make it impossible for the developers to prove they are using mercs to a sufficiently high degree that meets their corporate requirements, thus forcing them to develop new methods to not just detect fishy activity but be able to prove it strongly enough to take action against them.

The fact that Kabam stated what the merc stories were suggests they did in fact take action against those accounts but those account holders appealed the suspensions. How else would Kabam know what the merc customer excuses were? The fact that they couldn't disprove them implies they *had* to disprove them, which implies additional requirements imposed upon them from the outside.

The mercs probably changed their methodologies slightly after 7.1 to specifically attempt to have good excuses this time around. And that's what probably prompted Kabam to suspend legend runs. They realized this cat and mouse game was going nowhere. Mercs were just learning what Kabam was using as evidence and eliminating that from their activities. They didn't become invisible, they just constructed better alibis. And that's what has to be targeted to allow legend runs to come back.
    Here thing. We don’t own the accounts. If kabam thinks it’s not legit ban em. That simple
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Wiredawg1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

Here thing. We don’t own the accounts. If kabam thinks it’s not legit ban em. That simple
    You're like the fourth person to mention to me that we don't own our game accounts recently, like this is supposed to mean something to me. Yes, we don't own our game accounts: I'm pretty sure I've told people that at least a couple hundred times. But this is irrelevant to the subject. Is there some dark corner of the internet where this is being discussed and someone is using this as a talking point like they know what they are talking about? I mean, the VPN thing I'm just letting go at this point because whatever, and I already spent time debunking ideas like using biometric authentication which is totally worthless, but if I'm going to respond to "we don't own the accounts" it might be helpful if I had some idea of why this is supposed to matter, because at the moment I have no idea how.

Legally, Kabam can ban anyone for any reason, or no reason, at least contractually. But direct legal constraints are almost certainly not something that is restraining them at all, so that fact has no bearing on the problem.
  • Options
    KrisGJJKrisGJJ Posts: 69
    How the hell does the hqsean account still exist? Such bs!
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    KrisGJJ said:

Probably because it spends pick-a-god-knows how much money
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Maybe like COW’s account. Not too sure too.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

You're like the fourth person to mention to me that we don't own our game accounts recently, like this is supposed to mean something to me. Yes, we don't own our game accounts: I'm pretty sure I've told people that at least a couple hundred times. But this is irrelevant to the subject. Is there some dark corner of the internet where this is being discussed and someone is using this as a talking point like they know what they are talking about? I mean, the VPN thing I'm just letting go at this point because whatever, and I already spent time debunking ideas like using biometric authentication which is totally worthless, but if I'm going to respond to "we don't own the accounts" it might be helpful if I had some idea of why this is supposed to matter, because at the moment I have no idea how.

Legally, Kabam can ban anyone for any reason, or no reason, at least contractually. But direct legal constraints are almost certainly not something that is restraining them at all, so that fact has no bearing on the problem.
    And I hate to tell you this. Kabam has in fact banned people for suspicious activity on accounts and made em prove it was actually them. So just stop. All I see you do on any threads is go at anyone and everyone. Kabam can and has banned players from legend runs. They can do it again. Just like they have banned for merc use and modding. They did that for LoL.
  • Options
    KrisGJJ said:

There is actually 2 HQ Sean accounts. The one on legend leaderboard is not the original
  • Options
    DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    grfvb said:

KrisGJJ said:

pep3000 main account was also banned like hq sean after 7.1
    Both were given permanent bans?
  • Options
    grfvb said:

Wiredawg1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

DNA3000 said:

Wiredawg1 said:

And I hate to tell you this. Kabam has in fact banned people for suspicious activity on accounts and made em prove it was actually them. So just stop. All I see you do on any threads is go at anyone and everyone. Kabam can and has banned players from legend runs. They can do it again. Just like they have banned for merc use and modding. They did that for LoL.
    source of your statements?
    Source? Try being here when they did it and seeing all the line chats blowing up with people having their accounts banned from it. Was all over forums too
  • Options
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

KrisGJJ said:

not sean.. they cant perma ban him, a legend celebration event with his name is coming up soon (at least last year was). his main acc still up and running after few days of ban. he left his ali then/or got kicked out temporarily so people couldnt check how many days he was offline and put 1 +1 together..

as for pep i dont know.. the lad's main account is gone (3m+) - i reckon sold and name changed or perma banned - dunno...his small account (2m+) still popping up every now and then. i think the lad is gone from this game, he been endorsing loads of youtubers and then this - must've been quite embarassing

this post is getting deleted 🙆‍♂️
    What happened to pep? I must’ve missed it
  • Options
    grfvb said:

grfvb said:

grfvb said:

KrisGJJ said:

not sean.. they cant perma ban him, a legend celebration event with his name is coming up soon (at least last year was). his main acc still up and running after few days of ban. he left his ali then/or got kicked out temporarily so people couldnt check how many days he was offline and put 1 +1 together..

as for pep i dont know.. the lad's main account is gone (3m+) - i reckon sold and name changed or perma banned - dunno...his small account (2m+) still popping up every now and then. i think the lad is gone from this game, he been endorsing loads of youtubers and then this - must've been quite embarassing

this post is getting deleted 🙆‍♂️
    What happened to pep? I must’ve missed it
    nothing new. he got caught in that massive banwave back in feb, most big names came back online after 168h, but his main account disappeared forever 🤷🏾‍♀️

one youtuber mentioned pep hadnt been banned but had some health issues so not playing anymore, but ... lol
    Ah