**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why Buff Gamora?

As the title says it, why is kabam team yet again buffing a character which is already buffed in the past and a good one(i personally use her 4* in incursion sector 6 when i grind) whatever and however she is she is good her every ability is usable. Why waste time and effort on a character which is good enough for the game. There are litrally tones of character who deserve a tweak or complete overhaul below is picture of those. And many many MANYYYY more characters on FAMOUS YouTube channel of Seatin tier list- just an example.
I mean whats stopping kabam to come for AA or collosus or anybody to do anything? Why not buff who are litrally at the bottom of the game. Miles Morales is good example and og CAP or ironman SIM etc etc

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Kabam has already made decent champs better, I have no problem with it imo.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    She has almost no utility and most of the champions you mentioned need overhauls. Gamora isn't getting an overhaul and is the perfect candidate for a moderate update/tune-up.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Oh I don’t know, maybe because the overhaul this month is Miles morales and they’ve stated countless times that they do 1 overhaul a month?
  • Erin_2099Erin_2099 Posts: 61
    Shes just getting a tweek and miles will get overhaul dont see the issue. like corvus could be done with a slight tweek on his cooldown to like 8 seconds same as falkon or 15 seconds because of his awakened ability. Its not a full rework just a little extra to encourage people that play her to rank her n really see her potential im excited to see her small buff. I use her now and then And super stoked for miles just duped my 6* last pull 😁
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    She’s a champ with a decent base to work off. She’s been available as a6* for ages, she’s probably one of the more known characters by casuals.
  • Ghost_DriverGhost_Driver Posts: 82
    Miles is getting buffed..
  • AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★

But the real question is Why is Gamora?

My fake question is who is Gamora..??
  • AntzRodzAntzRodz Posts: 255 ★★

Im not really saying anything to NOT buff gamora im just saying dev team should be focussing on other character in the game who are duds

@jack_the_ripper1 they are focusing on champs including the duds.. it's just one a month for the overhauls.. likes Groot, Karnak, SIM.... U Cannot have 3 overhauls in a month the reason it's taking time.. gamora is just a numbers tweak in her ability.. the reason she is selected for the buff as it will be easy to do it in a month or two Max..
  • Superchampion_Superchampion_ Posts: 172 ★★★
    People also complained and questioned why Angela was getting a buff and look how that turned out. Gamora is really no different.

“Why is gamora getting buffed if she already got buffed in the past?” Well, sentry, og hulk, and rhino have also been buffed in the past. None of their buffs hold up in the current game.

“Gamora doesn’t need a buff. She is good.” Is she tho? If you look at her abilities, she doesn’t really do anything. She gains a lot of buffs but it requires a ramp up that, in difficult content, isn’t always practical. She has basically no utility. I’ve never seen her used anywhere outside of damage showcases (the act 7 Gwenperion is one of the only videos outside of rol and lol). How often do you look at act 6 and say “wow gamora is a useful option for this path”? For the most part, any fight that gamora can do can also be done by most characters.

“Why is gamora getting buffed before X?” Whenever people say that X needs a buff, they are usually talking about a champ who needs an overhaul. Each month we get 1 overhaul and 1 moderate/value update. Gamora is getting the latter which isn’t taking groot’s or og iron man’s spot. You wouldn’t want those champs to get that kind of buff.

I hope gamoras buff gives her some good utility and an easier ramp up process. Also some new synergies because the guardians need a lot of love and this could be the start.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021

Mysterio said:

Imagine instead of Star Lord you had a Miles or Gamora sitting there. I bet that would change your complaints to praise.

Not really no. If it was indeed gamora i had i would be pissed and would still have posted here this thread, As i said i used her 4* version in sector 6 run if i had 5-6 i would be using her in sector 6 and definitely in Sec 7 as well. I like her as she is and if i use her 4* in sector 6 i bet people can use her 5-6* version for other regular content. Seatin already has a video of her since her last buff. And if i had miles i would be happy that hes getting buff. The thread i created was not because i dont have thier 5-6* NO. I created because Dev team is wasting yet another tweaking time on a champ which already get plenty of use and yes she is definitely usable in act 6 if i could i would be using her in act 6. There is a youtube video of gamora destroying 7.2 gwenperion. All in all, one way or the other its a wasted effort when their are other champ who needs some uplifting way way more and way before gamora. Just what brian grant said on king groot that however KG was before he was good in AQ and if kabam somehow lowers the healing King Groot got it would meas up the character for brian grant. kabam didn't do that and they just added something to his kit. It may not be the case on every champ
    I’ve had a 6* duped gamora for over a year, I’ve not once considered using her in any content that was particularly difficult. She’s good for arena in that she drops opponents very quickly atleast 🤷‍♂️

You also missed the point again in that all the champs you’ve listed (aside from Ronan) require extensive overhauls of their entire base kits. Which as we already know, they’ve said they can only manage 1 per month as it’s like designing a whole new character.

Gamora hits hard but has no survivability, no utility and buffs that are frankly hard to maintain in meaningful content. She needs a little something more to make her viable after act 5.
  • Lord_MLord_M Posts: 36
    I have no problem from this..
    She is lank in utilities
    I have a 6* Gamora too so this is nice.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    AntzRodz said:

Ok I’ll finish it off, where is Gamora?

AntzRodz said:

Ok I’ll finish it off, where is Gamora?
    I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?
  • CosmicGuardianCosmicGuardian Posts: 408 ★★★
    The problem with Gamora is that outside of incursions she just doesn’t have very many uses. Sure, she can get some good damage, however she has quite a stressful playstyle and doesn’t really have much else going for her. Personally I’m glad to see that she’s getting buffed, even though I don’t have the 5 or 6 star, seeing as how it could potentially give her some nice improvements.
  • Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 196 ★★
    Another important thing to note when buffing gamora is that she isn't available in the 5* basic pool. ( Correct me if I am wrong )

She would kind of end up like white magneto where people who already have her will enjoy playing and it's difficult for others to get her.
  • walker1960walker1960 Posts: 8
    they should buff phoenix....
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,726 ★★★★★
    She'll get either a moderate buff or a tune-up since Miles is getting the overhaul this month. Champs like Rhino or Superior Iron Man need an overhaul, which she is not taking away from (and I think we can all agree that Miles is taking no one's spot since he's among the champs who deserve a buff the most). She's most likely "taking a spot" from decent-but-not-top-tier champs like Old Man Logan, Gwenpool, Mephisto etc. I don't see any particular reason for buffing one of them ahead of any other, or to question why one of them is getting a buff before anyone else.

And as someone else said, there's a huge difference between how useful 4*' champs are in the content they're required for and how useful 6*s are in Act 7 and similar content. She just doesn't cut it alongside champs like CGR or Hercules.