**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Best & Reliable SP1 Power Control Champion For End Game Content?

Any other champions apart from these?

di6vmi605841.png

twgpe4ddmr69.png

i7956e92memo.png

Comments

• Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    @Outsidergua he said sp1. Those champs don’t have power control with sp1
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    Doc Oc
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Psylocke.

Punisher 2099 (you have to get to the 100 batteries asap and then your opponent's power gain when you hit him is laughable).

Dormammu (though not SP1, his Power drain is reliable, can be done by using medium attacks).

Spidey (Stark Enhanced): not SP1, but his heavy attack power drain can be helpful too.

though i think the most reliable ones are Magik, DV and Vision SP2s'. even more than the SP1s i already mentioned.
  • Options
    Howard The Duck? He has a chance a high one, of power drain with sp2
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Don't use Howard for power control. It is horribly un-reliable because it's a random proc from his SP2.

Winter Soldier and Scarlet Witch have power drain capabilities with their regular hits, but not necessarily reliable.
  • Options
    chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    Dormammu can burn a little by finishing your combo with a medium attack, and when you hit the SP2 it Power burns and locks.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Juggernaut.

Oh wait, I didn't read the OP either.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    MCCXVI wrote: »
    How is Dormammu compared to Magik for power control?

Because what @chaos3430 said:
    Dormammu can burn a little by finishing your combo with a medium attack, and when you hit the SP2 it Power burns and locks.

You can essentially postpone their power gain while you build his sp2 for pwr lock.

As for SW, although there's no reliable point at which you can decide to power steal, power drain, or power lock, she just almost always does it when it is convenient. At least at sig99. She's the Hyperion killer. Plus she constantly nullifies things like power flood so you can stop the power that way too with her (which baiting cannot always help with if they are holding out).
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    But spark hav it with hervy so not the Best. But stil better Thah a SP
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★

I have a r4 4* Sig 40 Dorm. Since he is always on AWD, only time I actively use him is arena grinding. But each match with him goes this way:

Parry->Heavy to set the nuke charge to 1.
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 31. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 61. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 91. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 99. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Heavy to detonate the nuke charge.
    Parry->SP2-> sets nuke charge to 99. Power burns/locks

They usually die from either the SP2 damage or the following heavy/nuke detonate. They usually never even get to use a single SP1.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    You guys are all kinda silly honestly. The dude gave you all three choices yet few of you even talked about those three.

Vision AOU is great as when you get to SP1, you can chain it on once he's awakened as you can get to another SP1 quickly.

Vision Classic is also great as you can get to SP1 or SP2 right off the bat and keep it going with the occasional power gain and all the while giving your opponent little to no power.

Hawkeye is my favorite cuz you get extra DPS with the power drain also which is very nice AND unlike the other two for whatever reason or the other his drain never fails on enemies like Collector or Antman even if he glances. He's the most reliable to me personally and as of now, he's the only one you can get as a 5*.
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »
    I just now noticed vision AOU rolling his eyes.

G! 😅
  • Options
    dkatryl wrote: »

I have a r4 4* Sig 40 Dorm. Since he is always on AWD, only time I actively use him is arena grinding. But each match with him goes this way:

Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 31. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 61. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 91. (Also power burns them while building my power.)
    Parry->Medium->Medium-> sets nuke charge to 99. (Also power burns them while building my power.)

They usually die from either the SP2 damage or the following heavy/nuke detonate. They usually never even get to use a single SP1.

Just to amplify a bit, since medium attacks that end a combo burn power, you can cycle medium-medium over and over and the opponent doesn't gain power (because you are burning more power than you are giving with attacks). That means Dormammu can hold most champions to pretty much zero for the entire fight and not even *need* to power lock. Its just that once you get to SP2 you can power lock and go crazy for the duration of the lock before going back to 2xmedium attacks which once again give no net power.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    psylocke can but it's sorta meh
    GG can as well but his is even worse.

Personally I think HE is the best. His sp1 drains more power than vision and it adds a strong bleed.
  • Options
    Saiyan wrote: »
    You guys are all kinda silly honestly. The dude gave you all three choices yet few of you even talked about those three.

Except the OP asked, who "apart from these". Meaning, who else does it?
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★

Vision AOU is great as when you get to SP1, you can chain it on once he's awakened as you can get to another SP1 quickly.

Vision Classic is also great as you can get to SP1 or SP2 right off the bat and keep it going with the occasional power gain and all the while giving your opponent little to no power.

Hawkeye is my favorite cuz you get extra DPS with the power drain also which is very nice AND unlike the other two for whatever reason or the other his drain never fails on enemies like Collector or Antman even if he glances. He's the most reliable to me personally and as of now, he's the only one you can get as a 5*.

Maybe. The OP did give those criteria but sometimes it helps to anticipate why only that criteria. We don't know the OP and so the OP may or may not know that there are other options as viable as the sp1 to control power early on.
    I mean at least some other tricks for power control have been posted here as a result.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Dorm is great. Those 3 listed are hard to beat really. Problem with the Visions is they don't come in a 5*. OG Vision is absolutely awesome though.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Except the OP asked, who "apart from these". Meaning, who else does it?

You're right, I can't read. In other news, water wet. Carry on guys.
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    dkatryl wrote: »

Do you ever use his regen, its just an extra step added in.
  • Options
    BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Dormammu is the best in my opinion, doesn't need to build power to control power, best char to use vs Hyperion amongs those that power gain allot.
  • Options
    The only issue I've had with Dorm is that he is absolutely horrible against an awakened Ultron since Ultron regens with energy attacks. You can power control all day, but you'll need 100 hits to end the fight.
  • Options
    Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    But spark hav it with hervy so not the Best. But stil better Thah a SP

Yeah, but Spark’s heavy has a 30 second reset for the power drain.
  • Options
    Vision_41Vision_41 Posts: 721
    Vision all the way, but only if you can land it without the opponent blocking.