**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules immortality bug (or hotfix)

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,051 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Those were fundamental changes to champs where actual changes happened. This is no where near the same thing.

Sig ability not working the way you saw it work 30x during Side event after spending an AG sounds like a fundamental change to me.

Give people their gems and stones back is all I'm saying.

BTW... Don't get flattered over your "awesome". That was my fat thumbs trying to click on Quote 😂😂
    With his amount of dislikes, it is not like it matters much anyway... 😂😂
    The amount of dislikes I have is a skewed number. I'd say 60% of those are true disagrees.
    Based on what proven facts?
    Experience.
  • Options
    CainCain Posts: 559 ★★

The Abilities are clear. It's removed by a Special 3. This isn't the first time people have jumped on an Ability that was advertised on YouTube and not working as intended.

the controversy is that it uses the word "removed" when it doesn't even activate
    It can't activate if the Damage being taken is what removes it. Honestly, it's loop-hole fishing.
    No it’s ambiguous…if they had clarified as his arena was running or during the entire month of fighting him…sure they can say it wasn’t intended. Now that it ONLY benefits (or at least predominantly) the player…well now it’s a bug. Shady as heck.
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Mods really need to clean up this thread. Sometimes I wonder why some people are continuously allowed to post here...

I'm assuming you mean the ones that don't agree with what you say.

Sure, only allow the people who agree with comment.
    No based on who feels the need to bicker back and forth like children. I cant believe you all are still going
    I see. So I can't comment or express my opinion based on what's being said here, but others, who toss insults and expressing their thoughts constantly are allowed to comment? Cool.
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Those were fundamental changes to champs where actual changes happened. This is no where near the same thing.

Sig ability not working the way you saw it work 30x during Side event after spending an AG sounds like a fundamental change to me.

BTW... Don't get flattered over your "awesome". That was my fat thumbs trying to click on Quote 😂😂
    The amount of dislikes I have is a skewed number. I'd say 60% of those are true disagrees.
    Experience.
    Thought so, thanks for proving my point. Keep those "facts" rolling for us.

Here ya go. This is verifiably factual. There isn't anything to disagree with here at all.
  • Options
    marino123 said:

Fuzzycat said:

Sooo all month long Kabam benefitted from the bug during the EQ only to screw people that dumped a lot of money based on CCP videos and actual game play during the event when facing the champ. This is a new low Kabam.

How did Kabam benefit from the bug exactly?
    because you could have just built up a sp3 and took him out and not dealt with the unblockable immortality. Its shady imo, you of course have the opposite of everyone else which is ok, you can have your opinion. Plus the huge upside of a champ having immortality is being able to survive a sp3, just like luke cage, so people spent money to awaken him for this reason thinking this could be an option. Having a high damage champ be able to keep attacking the AI and not having to bait a sp2 is a huge benefit knowing they cannot take you out with a sp3 especially during end game content. In every scenario they benefitted, otherwise this champ doesnt need to be awakened.
    Luke Cage has indestructible, not immortality. Hercules kit literally says it's not designed to withstand a Sp3.

Yes, herc in EQ was bugged but I don't see how any of that cost anyone anything extra.
    On a serious note, Demonzfyre, do you work for Kabam? The way you’re championing/defending Kabam’s move, it makes me feel Kabam has promised to make you the next Summoner’s Choice Champion… 🤔🤔🤔😎😎😎

Let’s call spade a spade. Kabam messed this up real bad. They had ample time to fix this “bug” (that was showcased in numerous YouTube videos and CCP gameplay) but decided to do so ONLY AFTER thousands of players spent countless hours grinding in arenas (which even set a record cutoff) and spent $$$$$ for this champ. And they “fixed” Hercules silently too. C’mon, Kabam!!! We were not born yesterday.

He has a friend at kabam, who's someone senior in position. So he shows his support with his defense on the forum.

Loyalty is good, but trying to shut down everyone's comment isn't.
    lol. Okay.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    GOODI3 said:

This was not a “bug”, but a nerf. Odin prefight stacking was a bug.

@Kabam Miike Poor communication and handling of the situation. This is enough to make me say goodbye.

Ign: Tap Tap Swipe

I'm curious. You have a sig 200 R3 Hercules. Would you rank him down if you could? When you first went for him, did you know he could tank 1 SP3? Is this why you went for him? I agree that Kabam handled this badly but that doesn't make it a nerf and I don't see how being able to tank 1 SP3 is that significant. Luke Cage can tank multiple SP3s and I don't see a lot of people ranking him. I have a 6* Herc but wasn't able to dupe him. But when I burned a lot of units on cavs to get him, I was unaware of the SP3 thing.
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Jeal79 said:

Experience.
    Thought so, thanks for proving my point. Keep those "facts" rolling for us.

Here ya go. This is verifiably factual. There isn't anything to disagree with here at all.
    Congrats, one out of 13,383 is actually pretty decent.
    Well... You failed to show me "videos galore" so this is all you get.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Gentlemen please calm down
  • Options
    GOODI3GOODI3 Posts: 22

GOODI3 said:

@Kabam Miike Poor communication and handling of the situation. This is enough to make me say goodbye.

I'm curious. You have a sig 200 R3 Hercules. Would you rank him down if you could? When you first went for him, did you know he could tank 1 SP3? Is this why you went for him? I agree that Kabam handled this badly but that doesn't make it a nerf and I don't see how being able to tank 1 SP3 is that significant. Luke Cage can tank multiple SP3s and I don't see a lot of people ranking him. I have a 6* Herc but wasn't able to dupe him. But when I burned a lot of units on cavs to get him, I was unaware of the SP3 thing.
    Rankdown tickets won’t fix the situation. I genuinely did not come to the forums to debate whether it was a “bug” or nerf. We know it was a nerf. Yes, I was well aware of the ability prior to pulling the champ, using a generic ag and all of the stones. If tanking one sp3 was not a “big deal”, why nerf him then? Rhetorical question.

Btw, there are other champs besides LC that can tank…

• Options
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Rankdown tickets won’t fix the situation. I genuinely did not come to the forums to debate whether it was a “bug” or nerf. We know it was a nerf. Yes, I was well aware of the ability prior to pulling the champ, using a generic ag and all of the stones. If tanking one sp3 was not a “big deal”, why nerf him then? Rhetorical question.

Well good thing you don't have final say in if it's a bug or nerf. So I'd it's clearly up for debate.

Gwenpool can tank a Sp3 because its written in her abilities.

Symbiote Supreme can tank most sp3's when he's above 15% and in the right phase but that's also written in his abilities.

No where in Hercules abilities does it say he can or should tank sp3's.

That's why it's a bug and not a nerf.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★

I cannot believe this, the thread is completely derailed and 2 players are just throwing personal insults on each other and trying to satisfy their ego. And what is their topic of discussion: "That whether july was a cash grab month or not" which is not even related to hercules nerf/fix. Kudos!!Guys......And now mods will happily close this thread and people who are actually affected by this nerf/fix will open several other threads and these people who are now fighting on out of context things on this thread will go on that thread and ask players not to make new threads.

They've already responded to it. They said it was working as intended, and they would ask the team to look into the wording. Not sure what else people expect.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Again, genuinely curious. Would you still have used the generic on him if you knew what you know now? I would use a generic on mine. Whether or not it is a nerf depends on whether or not you believe that the devs did not intend for him to be able to tank a SP3. I do agree with your rhetorical question. I don't think this ability was game breaking and they'd have done better to leave him the way he was. But he's still amazing and I don't think its this huge thing some are making it out to be.

I am aware there are others. Luke Cage was an example, not an exhaustive list lol
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,255 ★★★★★
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Again, genuinely curious. Would you still have used the generic on him if you knew what you know now? I would use a generic on mine. Whether or not it is a nerf depends on whether or not you believe that the devs did not intend for him to be able to tank a SP3. I do agree with your rhetorical question. I don't think this ability was game breaking and they'd have done better to leave him the way he was. But he's still amazing and I don't think its this huge thing some are making it out to be.

I am aware there are others. Luke Cage was an example, not an exhaustive list lol
    Tbh I most likely would have saved the generic.

Not big on speculating what the developers intent was during the entire month of July (here we are August 17th) and doing so won’t change the fact that it was a nerf.

“Nerf (lowercase)Slang. (in a video game) to reconfigure (an existing character or weapon), making it less powerful.”
    It wasn't a reconfigure. It was never meant to be that "powerful" to begin with. It was a fix.
  • Options
    GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

GOODI3 said:

Tbh I most likely would have saved the generic.

Not big on speculating what the developers intent was during the entire month of July (here we are August 17th) and doing so won’t change the fact that it was a nerf.

“Nerf (lowercase)Slang. (in a video game) to reconfigure (an existing character or weapon), making it less powerful.”
    Posting the definition of "Nerf" hurts your case more than helps it......