**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Miles Morales Buff Spotlight

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    His evade is not reliable, his miss is only 35% chance on special unless unlockable, needs ramp up as well as dupe with probably high sig. In summary am not hyped at all.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Chitlins said:

To me it seems like he has a lot of ramp up each fight and is not very streamlined to have a lot of damage. Has some decent utility. Im also not sure if rupture and shock debuffs scale with AR? If so he might hit pretty hard, but in all honesty at full rampup otherwise, 15k from a sp2 is not that great... but will have to see him in use to have a final judgment.

They do. With 3 furies and 3 spider sense charges he has 460% of his already pretty high base attack. The shock off his sp2 will deal just under 60000 damage after all 6 of his personal debuffs have been activated and his ruptures will deal over 11000 damage.

On top of the attack increase, he has a physical vulnerability debuff which will increase his basic hits and the rupture damage by roughly another 25%

Damage won't be the issue I don't think. His utility seems to end at missing unblockable attacks and a taunt.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★

His evade is not reliable, his miss is only 35% chance on special unless unlockable, needs ramp up as well as dupe with probably high sig. In summary am not hyped at all.

the miss is more for if your facing a champ that keeps getting unblockable. Like the node that if you do the same attack twice they go unblockable? Yeah he gonna cheese that harder than chuck e cheese.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Wicket329 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Chitlins said:

Wicket329 said:

Animations aside, he seems like there is potential on paper. I like that the sp2 damage boost is calculated off of debuffs triggered throughout the fight and not just debuffs currently active. Much less stressful, and once it’s ramped up you can just cycle it for maximum damage.

I also like that his missions are things that you would likely be doing anyway. You can go out of your way to do special things to get them done faster, but in most fights you’ll accomplish them within your normal rotation.

105% miss chance against unblockable specials is very cool. I like that a lot. As a defender, he’ll most likely complete 0-2 of his missions, so that’s a 14% evade chance at worst? Not terrible to deal with. A 21% evade safety net as an attacker is also very nice. I hope he has some decent block proficiency since you’ll be wanting to parry at least five times.

Love the taunt. It plays in well with his style of wanting the opponent to throw a bunch of specials so he stays in camo. He is going to be in camo a LOT. I do wish there was another way of triggering it besides heavies, but with proper spacing that can be managed against stun immune opponents.

He has 6 total debuffs in his kit, plus the parry stun for 7. So that sounds like his shock from the sp2 can get a 210% damage increase in a standard match without playing too much with masteries for him. So that’s an almost 15k shock, I believe. Seems neat.

Finally, I’m curious about his power sting. Will it persist across multiple specials from the opponent? It lasts for such a long time, I have a hard time thinking that it only triggers once.

If the power sting persists through multiple specials it would actually be very strong combo with taunt. I feel like it wont though. Do other champs have a persistent power sting?

Yeah, it won't re-apply but you can again if you use another sp3. His buff looks like a well balanced one imo. He doesn't look like an OP champ neither a waste. I will take mine to r3 just cos I love the character and I think at a decent sig level and the longer the fights he can do a lot of damage with his sp2. Quick question though: His sp2 shock potency scales with the number of debuffs apply within the fight, does it like resets to 0 after an sp2 and starts counting again or it continues, anyone?
    It reads to me like it persists, no reset after use.
    That's interesting, so it will run it's 50sec timer regardless of the number of specials the opponent use. Then they sure should should have included that in his strengths.
    Sorry, to clarify I meant that the shock damage will not reset once ramped up. I do not yet know what the power sting interaction will be. I hope it runs its timer regardless of triggering, but don’t know for sure.
  • Options
    Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★
    If I may ask, his sig ability bypass his max limit of 3 spider charges? Or its saying that each mission still gives 1 charge per challenge? Even tho u cna complete it multiple times

• Options
    Maybe it means 3 is still max but is just a way to get that fury more often?
  • Options

Maybe it means 3 is still max but is just a way to get that fury more often?

It’s this one. He’ll be able to re-complete challenges in order to get the fury, but he’ll still be capped on spider-sense charges.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,294 ★★★★
    For some reason he seems similar to Spider-gwen, except heavy gives Taunt vs Slow.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Seems to me that Miles got slapped down harder when his spider-sense now has an cap. Its the core of one thing that was good with using miles morales and now we can’t use it to make it more wow factor or something else.
  • Options
    ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    edited August 2021
    I think everyone is missing a huge piece of utility here. The 35% miss plus 21% evade is pretty big, effectively reducing incoming damage by up to 56%. Maybe Im doing the math wrong though. It seems like great utility even while playing him. 56% less block damage is pretty nice. Excited to see what his block prof is as well.

@DNA3000 math it for us?
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,408 ★★★★★
    These devs took time and alot of thinking to come up with buffs for champs and honestly, they didn't had to make buffs but they did it anyways for us and in return this is how we repay them by giving bad review without it going live first 🤦‍♂️.

It's like me saying how the new Samsung S22 wont perform well without me even testing it out during it's debut.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,263 ★★★★★

These devs took time and alot of thinking to come up with buffs for champs and honestly, they didn't had to make buffs but they did it anyways for us and in return this is how we repay them by giving bad review without it going live first 🤦‍♂️.

It's like me saying how the new Samsung S22 wont perform well without me even testing it out during it's debut.

It's a side effect of expectations. People are looking for End-Game viability. Not all Champs will have that post-buff. I look at it in terms of being more useful than previously.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Chitlins said:

I think everyone is missing a huge piece of utility here. The 35% miss plus 21% evade is pretty big, effectively reducing incoming damage by up to 56%. Maybe Im doing the math wrong though. It seems like great utility even while playing him. 56% less block damage is pretty nice. Excited to see what his block prof is as well.

@DNA3000 math it for us?

The chance to miss an attack is 35%, the chance to evade is 21%.

The chance for an attack to not miss is 65% and not evade is 79%. So the chance for an attack to both not be missed and not evaded is 0.65 * 0.79 = 0.514

So 1 minus the above calculation is the chance that an attack is missed OR evaded. So you have a 48.7% chance to either Miss or evade any given attack.

The real utility for me is the increased Miss chance against unblockable attacks. As a spider Gwen user I know how powerful her evade can be. Imagine fighting SoP darkhawk with Miles and just letting his attacks beam right through you
  • Options

Chitlins said:

@DNA3000 math it for us?

The chance for an attack to not miss is 65% and not evade is 79%. So the chance for an attack to both not be missed and not evaded is 0.65 * 0.79 = 0.514

So 1 minus the above calculation is the chance that an attack is missed OR evaded. So you have a 48.7% chance to either Miss or evade any given attack.

The real utility for me is the increased Miss chance against unblockable attacks. As a spider Gwen user I know how powerful her evade can be. Imagine fighting SoP darkhawk with Miles and just letting his attacks beam right through you
    And then what Im saying is let's say he has low block proficiency, so like 50%. Even then he will be taking a lot less damage than most champs. Like 60% o fthe time taking no damage at all. And thats at the low end
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Chitlins said:

Chitlins said:

@DNA3000 math it for us?

And then what Im saying is let's say he has low block proficiency, so like 50%. Even then he will be taking a lot less damage than most champs. Like 60% o fthe time taking no damage at all. And thats at the low end
    Hmm, maybe, but remember that a large proportion of blocked hits in end game content are Parries. And Miles’ evade and Miss don’t trigger on parries, so it’s not the most reliable block damage reduction
  • Options
    Depends of how practical is all this, the ramp up, that seems easy enough, and the dmg u get out of the ramp up

I might r3 and use my stones to him, if it's as good as it reads

How I have it in my mind is, I do s1 then drop s2 for dmg, meanwhile I do the challenges.. Plus throw some heavies when I got Camo on

I know that's not the full ramp up, but not using a s3 feels more practical
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 830 ★★★
    The signature ability seems imperative for damage, and there’s not much to his utility.
  • Options
    Chitlins said:

@DNA3000 math it for us?

Hmmm so I’d say it depends on how it calculates it. Can an attack that triggers Miss also trigger Evade? Can an attack be evaded and also missed? If they roll together, then it’s not all that interesting. If it calculates evade first, then miss (or vice-versa), then that could be pretty cool.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Chitlins said:

@DNA3000 math it for us?

Hmmm so I’d say it depends on how it calculates it. Can an attack that triggers Miss also trigger Evade? Can an attack be evaded and also missed? If they roll together, then it’s not all that interesting. If it calculates evade first, then miss (or vice-versa), then that could be pretty cool.
    I agree. It will be interesting to see how it actually works. I wouldnt really understand the point of evading and missing at the same time, except filling the spider challenge a bit faster.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,696 Guardian
    Wicket329 said:

Chitlins said:

@DNA3000 math it for us?

@BitterSteel has the right idea. The complex part is wondering whether attacks miss or evade or both. The easy part is asking what the odds of getting hit are, which is the odds of not missing AND not evading are. That's the chance that you're hit, because both have to fail to get hit (assuming the simple case of both effects behaving the way they normally do). The chance of not getting hit is the inverse of that, whether it happens because of an evade or a miss, and regardless of whether one takes priority over the other.

You only need to know that other stuff if you want to know how likely it is you'll get an attack to miss rather than evade, say in some weird combat situation where triggering one or the other has additional side effects you want to figure out.
  • Options
    CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    There is a key piece of utility that every single person is overlooking that could make him one of the best champs in the game for some content. The way it’s worded now…just wow. I hope he comes out just like the description says and I’ll let y’all know when I test it.