**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on the suicide mastery setup

Zippy_halliganZippy_halligan Posts: 173
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I've always wanted to try the setup but can't shake the feeling that it would be a massive pain. The idea of losing 5% health per special attack and being restricted heavily to suicide friendly champs seems like it couldnt possibly outweigh the benefits.

Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

Thoughts on the suicide mastery setup 45 votes

I always use them
37%
ChadhoganSungjAKTEKB_Dizzle_01FloorKillerEtjamaNimorrivetKhaos369TrashyPandaChiliDogDkcody42Robbo9DualityCopeNalak8PreslyYogesh123 17 votes
I never use them
33%
Cap366dangarang122StaphMemberUvoginKeniutekGlassbackLpooNegative0HoitadoTheBair123king_ov_scrubsDarkKnight646Yodabolt21Negative_100TheBoogyMan 15 votes
I sometimes use them
28%
ccrider474Rbk19Shortsy99SnakepPHJfinTimeGenesisMaratoxErcarretMCOCHazzaThanks_D19Silver_GooseOoooiiiiieeeeeeTartarus88 13 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    I never use them
    If you choose to invest in them, max out liquid courage. It increases you attack rating with no change in the poison damage.

I’m not a fan, but have considered trying them on again since I made this realization.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 650 ★★★
    I sometimes use them
    I only use them for things like legend run or big arena push but 90% of the time I have them off.

They hurt your defence and shrink your roster down of usable champs. I would rather need a couple combos more than not being able to use champs that are heavily reliant on their sp.

In saying this, if you get clipped alot in longer fights than suicides are for you as you can end them faster so less time to screw up.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I never use them
    option 4: i'm so bad at the game that i'm constantly using units on revives, so i never have enough units to buy the masteries for it
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I always use them
    Being suicide friendly isn't much of a concern, the real concern is avoiding the suicide unfriendly.

Running them saves so much time that I just can't stand vanilla anymore. Ironically, by saving time, you could say suicides saves life.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    I always use them
    I always keep them on. And build a lot around champs that benefit. Or just save to a SP3 with any champ and don’t worry about recoil. But I mainly just do AQ/AW and monthly events these days. So nothing is much of a struggle. I guess if I tried to run through act 7 I may have to take them off with the high health pools.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I didn't use them from the willpower nerf until the Diablo buff. I had been thinking about running suicides again for awhile and Diablo was the tipping point. I'm enjoying them a lot.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    I always use them
    I cant play without them it's too slow
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    I sometimes use them
    Clearing content goes so much faster with them on. If you've had them on for a longer period of time, turning them off makes the game feel really slow.

That said, I still don't really like using them. Not really because you lose health (that can be managed with the right champs) but, mainly, because it restricts me in what I can put my other mastery points in. If you didn't need to put a bunch of useless points into the defense tree (I think it is, right?) to unlock willpower, you could actually use the suicides with other fun masteries. Now, it eats away maybe 10-15 points. That's too much, in my opinion. I can't afford that investment unless I want to trade away stuff like mystic dispersion, which is a core staple of my mastery setup.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    I always use them
    I ran a half suicide build for a while and the extra damage was decent but now I'm full suicide it's just so much faster getting everything done. The only downside is when war season is on but my alliance know that my defenders will be easy kills so are placed at the start of the map.
  • Yogesh123Yogesh123 Posts: 27
    I always use them