**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dexterity Issue and the SOP GM Fight

CentrifugeCentrifuge Posts: 109
edited August 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hey All,

The dexterity bug is making the GM fight really rough. It’s being really inconsistent and isn’t always registering. Is everyone else having a similar issue?

The item usage from the bug is making me lose interest in finishing the event. Too bad as it has been really fun this summer.

Cent
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

I made this comment on another thread, but I think it fits here:

I had the same problem, in addition to parrying in that fight in particular. He’s incredible aggressive (which is fine, it makes intercepts safer which is great for the fight) but when he dashes and throws a 5 hit combo into the air, the parry/Dex issues are bound to pop up, and then you die. I tried this fight yesterday and I burned through all of my stashed revives. I then realized I play this game to have fun, and I wasn’t having fun, so I quit out.

It looks like I won’t be getting any Summer of Pain final week rewards, which I’m really sad about. I don’t mean this in a “give me every 6 star as compensation” kind of way, but no compensation can properly make up for this bug.

If “no compensation can properly make up for this bug”, then I suggest you unitman through the final week. Revives and units are temporary and can be grinded out. R4 materials and generic sigs are far less available, you’d do better to be broke for a while then expect an entire SOP week rewards worth of comp.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

I had the same problem, in addition to parrying in that fight in particular. He’s incredible aggressive (which is fine, it makes intercepts safer which is great for the fight) but when he dashes and throws a 5 hit combo into the air, the parry/Dex issues are bound to pop up, and then you die. I tried this fight yesterday and I burned through all of my stashed revives. I then realized I play this game to have fun, and I wasn’t having fun, so I quit out.

It looks like I won’t be getting any Summer of Pain final week rewards, which I’m really sad about. I don’t mean this in a “give me every 6 star as compensation” kind of way, but no compensation can properly make up for this bug.

If “no compensation can properly make up for this bug”, then I suggest you unitman through the final week. Revives and units are temporary and can be grinded out. R4 materials and generic sigs are far less available, you’d do better to be broke for a while then expect an entire SOP week rewards worth of comp.
    I have 379 units, don’t want to spend cash, and again, I’m just getting incredibly frustrated, which is not the point of the game. It sucks, but I can wait on those resources. They’ll come up sometime later.
    You could also look for some unique counters. I was worried about tech, and mutant, as my roster for both are a little skimpy. Ending up using doc oc for sinister path, and sinister for the SS path. Those two ended up being my cheapest runs ironically enough, with 1 revive, admittedly with some phat health potions, on each. The point is that you don’t always have to look for ways to use the same character for everything, sometimes diversity is better.
  • Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 252 ★★★

I have 379 units, don’t want to spend cash, and again, I’m just getting incredibly frustrated, which is not the point of the game. It sucks, but I can wait on those resources. They’ll come up sometime later.
    You could also look for some unique counters. I was worried about tech, and mutant, as my roster for both are a little skimpy. Ending up using doc oc for sinister path, and sinister for the SS path. Those two ended up being my cheapest runs ironically enough, with 1 revive, admittedly with some phat health potions, on each. The point is that you don’t always have to look for ways to use the same character for everything, sometimes diversity is better.
    I used Doom for the Sinister/Hydra Adaptiod path in 1 revive, and I had great counters for the other paths, like a Spider-Gwen for Darkhawk/Rogue. Then I blew 23 revives on the GM and got him to 27%. When I initially tried in Act 6, it took me 5 revives.
  • JslapJslap Posts: 67
    Same thing happening to me with dex.
  • GammapoweredGammapowered Posts: 2
    I’m having the same issue. I’m in the 3rd phase of the sop Gm fight and I’m having 100% failure dexing his sp1
  • CentrifugeCentrifuge Posts: 109
    Any mods around to comment or give an update? @Kabam Miike
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Resources will come again later and without a doubt be easier with a game that functions properly, probably have better champs by then too. I have no desire to finish anything right now with the game as is. I'm doing AW, AQ and some EQ and that's about it. Been playing 4or 5 years and this is the first time punting on a timed event. I'm envious of the people finishing to be honest but I refuse to pay for a broken game anymore than I have to, I make enough mistakes on my own.
  • IkthulisIkthulis Posts: 122
    His second phase is currently murdering me because of the dex fails. I’m spending a ridiculous amount of units. The problem mostly comes with dashing back twice. I will complete 1 dash back, he will begin his special 1, then I have time to dash back again but, I’m not able to. If he doesn’t special attack, I can double dash all day. But, the second he decides to use his special attack, dashing is unavailable. Which is stupid because this occurs after I hit him. I’m not going to sit there and take block damage all day in order not to dash back. It’s like I’m being forced to lose.
  • JJJmJJJJJJmJJJ Posts: 131
    I’m not able to do the final sop challenge due parry and dex bug. I don’t want to spend a lot of units without knowing if and when we will receive compensations and, above all, what!
    Saying to choose carefully contents in the game during all these events is not correct and it’s not a solution since this fix sucks.
  • Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    I am adding my voice to this issue. The last update did fix the dex / parry problem a little bit but the issue is still there. I try to dex and I will get a parry half the time. I try to parry and get hit and then die. This made the final SOP not possible for me. I ran out of my stack of 20 revives. 18 revives on the GM alone. I could not dex / parry his attacks with enough accuracy.
  • CentrifugeCentrifuge Posts: 109
    A few have made this comment and I’d like to agree. The dex window feels off. I too have dex’d what I thought was way to early and it worked. But dexing on time fails. It’s hard to predict when to dex early, hence we are getting wrecked.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 98 ★★
    I thought it was just me. To successfully dex i’v been dashing back before the animation even happens. I used thousands of units when i was using human torch because i just could not get it to work with him and i kept getting hit with it, it was beyond frustrating. Because you have to dex the special so early, when you dash back to bait the special you can’t get the second dash back quick enough to actually dec the special a lot of the times especially with certain champions. You guys really need to look into this asap.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

A few have made this comment and I’d like to agree. The dex window feels off. I too have dex’d what I thought was way to early and it worked. But dexing on time fails. It’s hard to predict when to dex early, hence we are getting wrecked.

This is my experience as well. When I first started fighting him, I was dexing in time with the animation, essentially assuming I need to be dexing the beam as it passed through. I was getting murdered. A couple times I dexed in anticipation, I was practically finished with my dex animation as the beam passed and it was successful even though I think it should have cleaned me up.

Over the course of exploration, I just got used to dexing in anticipation of the special, had much more success that way.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,237 ★★★★★
    Having the same problem with The Champion in 6.2.6. I decided to take care of some loose ends during the SQ break. 2000 Units and my Rev stores, and I had to quit because it would only trigger enough to get 2 Dex in with the last 10%. Very frustrating.
  • KronkKronk Posts: 23
    I fought act 6 GM over the weekend to get my TB title instead of SoP version, the value of this choice seemed logical. Plus I read/heard the SoP GM fight was a little buggy.Nevertheless, I was prepared for a tough fight, and had my items and units ready. I was also fully prepared to learn as I went to get the fight flow, so a solo was not even on my radar of expectation. Just have fun, learn the fight, get the title.What I didn't anticipate was the absolute lack of dex inputs when dealing with the GM Sp1, pretty much a key piece to deal with. Sometimes it registered on cue, only sometimes. For the majority of the fight it was if I had never setup the dexterity mastery and the inputs timing were laughable. Granted, I don't have insane ninja skill, but I do believe I can dex single beam sp1's at least 70-80% of the time with a degree of comfort. The whole fight ended up being fairly gruelling and annoying, more than it should have been I feel. I dunno what can be done at this point, but thats my experience for what its worth.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

DrZola said:

I’m having the same issue. I’m in the 3rd phase of the sop Gm fight and I’m having 100% failure dexing his sp1

For me, dex needed to happen super early. In fact, I was surprised a few times when I anticipated a Sp1, he waited a split second to throw it and I thought I was hit, but it went through me and registered as a dex.

Timing way off.

Dr. Zola
    I had a few of those instances .. it's like disbelief "why am I still alive?" :D
    Right. Was bizarre timing. Beam went right through my idling Aegon long after dex flashed onscreen.

Half thought about making more runs but I'm stymied with basic mechanics today again. GM is a bad fight for me regardless, and I’m good with completion.

Right now I’m even struggling to avoid blocking Sinister’s Sp1. Not hard, or at least it used to not be hard.

Dr. Zola
  • ShaaneneganShaanenegan Posts: 112

This is so disappointing. I was waiting to finish this over th weekend.

I finished 4 paths with horrible dexterity bug in the fight.
  • Kuzuri_1832Kuzuri_1832 Posts: 203
    DrZola said:

For me, dex needed to happen super early. In fact, I was surprised a few times when I anticipated a Sp1, he waited a split second to throw it and I thought I was hit, but it went through me and registered as a dex.

Timing way off.

Dr. Zola
    Same for me. Such a shame too, I really like the GM fight, but after 2 runs, I think I'm calling it. Kabam, please address this ongoing issue, summoners are dropping like flys.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    edited August 2021

Text appears but no dexterity is performed

This kept happening to me as well, it would say i dex but I get hit…real fun kabam…not. Went through like 10 revives in 30% phase cause he kept hitting me with sp1 one prompt from wounded phase, drove me crazy.
  • NøxNøx Posts: 77
    Had the same problem. I was too stubborn to quit out the first time but won’t be going back in. Definitely not any fun getting continually hammered when you get the timing right. SoP was a really great event and the Grandmaster was a very good choice as boss. The dex issue just makes this fight intolerable for me.
  • YEETguyYEETguy Posts: 107
    I’m having the same dexterity issue, primarily on the sp1 initial beam. The grandmasters AI also seems notably different from 6.4. He is much less likely to throw specials and much more aggressive with normal attacks, which results in the player being cornered. Get right on fixing it kabam!