**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is your motivation to play after achieving TB?

Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion
So I’m a Cav and like many Cav players our objective is to get to TB as soon as possible to get the extra rewards (eg, better daily crystals, discount Cav crystals, etc.) which helps to get new champs and rank up champs faster.

As a Cav, my motivation to play is to get more champs to counter some nodes in Act 6 and Cav EQ, explore variants, and rank up champs in order to achieve arena milestones faster.

But I’m thinking once I get to TB, what is left to motivate someone to keep playing? Getting more champs seems cool but it doesn’t seem like it’s worth it to grind or throw in more money to get more champs when you don’t have any major goals after that. Just wanted to get the community’s thought on this. What is your motivation to play after TB?

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Get ISO to level up my r3 ofc.

I also have a long queue of champs I wanna rank up and play with.

I am a laid back player, so I like to goof around w my champs for fun, do some quests from time to time (1-2 paths here and there) and try out new champs :smile:
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I really enjoyed both Act 7.1 and 7.2 so I'll be exploring those, but after that...? I don't know. I've done variants 3-7 and am about 50% done with v2 (I'm not doing v1 because just no, nah, sorry), and Act 6 exploration is also not at the really top of my agenda. I have the Labyrinth and Abyss left but I hate that kind of content and won't do it. When I have tried, I've also noticed that the load times are insane for some reason, making me even more reluctant.

Both a new chapter of Act 7 and a new variant will come out soon-ish, so I'm excited for both of those. I think Kabam has finally found their groove with both of those types of content in the last year or so.

I think Kabam had some cool things in the roadmap they laid out for the game but I worry that some of that stuff got put on the backburner to instead focus on fixing all of these bugs. If so, that would obviously have been the right decision because these bugs needs fixing, but it would unfortunately mean that the game won't be invigorated with new game modes as soon as I hoped it would be. It doesn't help that Kabam has failed to reinvigorate the old game modes too.

I've never before been at a point where I'm done with all content in the game (that I care for) on a completion basis. I've always lagged behind and hunted for something further along. Now...I'm as far as I can come. It'll be interesting to see where things go from here.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    My motivation is to beat 7.1 and 7.2 as well as clear Labyrinth and eventually Abyss

So I still have a lot of Motivation
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    Abyss and friends.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,756 ★★★★★
    I mean eventually there will be more titles to come after thronebreaker. They just aren't here yet.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Even though I’m thronebreaker I’ve still got a bunch of stuff in the game to explore and do.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    I got none
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    chasing champ like hercules,cgr,magneto,kingpin
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    I play the game to get champs.
    I get champs so I can play the game.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Act 7.3
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    Losing sanity and achieving insanity 🕺🕺🕺
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Main thing for me is getting new champs I really want. Managed to pull 6* cgr on Jun 12 and then dupe him within 3 weeks, he's by far my favourite champ.

The only other champ I was hunting was apoc but managed to pull him aswell.

New goal is Hercules and I'm saving all my 6* shards for his featured.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,147 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I mean eventually there will be more titles to come after thronebreaker. They just aren't here yet.

GWENTAMER: Beat 8.1, have a r4 champions and have act 7 fully explored.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Nalak8 said:

So I’m a Cav and like many Cav players our objective is to get to TB as soon as possible to get the extra rewards (eg, better daily crystals, discount Cav crystals, etc.) which helps to get new champs and rank up champs faster.

As a Cav, my motivation to play is to get more champs to counter some nodes in Act 6 and Cav EQ, explore variants, and rank up champs in order to achieve arena milestones faster.

But I’m thinking once I get to TB, what is left to motivate someone to keep playing? Getting more champs seems cool but it doesn’t seem like it’s worth it to grind or throw in more money to get more champs when you don’t have any major goals after that. Just wanted to get the community’s thought on this. What is your motivation to play after TB?

Where are you in story? The easy paths in act 7 so far (through 7.1) are way more fun than act 6.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Abyss
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    I collect the champs so that would happen whether i'm TB or something else. I became TB to make it easier all around to get better rewards and that makes it easier to complete various quests....which results in more chances to get various champs. Will I get bored of that? Well I already did take a one year break but that was more for being unhappy with the state of the game. Not saying I'm close to another break from the game but the last couple of months haven't been great....thankfully Kabam's compensation packages have been a lot better than they used to be
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    Same ambitions are before: have fun battling defenders and collecting new champs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    My motivation is I like the game.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Progression isn't my motivation; hoarding is. I enjoy the fighting, but it's really just OCD pushing me forward at this point.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I got bored every time of having nowhere to go so nearly at Tb acc #3. On that one I’ve still got mostly all the variants and act 7 to do, on the others it’s all pretty much explored already.

TBH act 7 left me flat, wasnt really a challenge after doing act 6, just felt like another variant or something.

I’ll have a crack at gauntlet when it drops next, I wasn’t ready last time having let all my items, cats iso etc expire while solely playing my cav acc. I’ll look forwards to more stuff like that and SOP.
  • Zhahovic7Zhahovic7 Posts: 35
    I want to start enjoying the thrill of having more 6* R3s
    I'm not exploring act 6 though...it's a s***fest of bad nodes .
    I've explored all variants except for v1 and I've explore 7.1 and 7.2 100%✓✓✓
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    LINE and Discord primarily, and I am enjoying the summoner showdown.
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    For me personally, I’ve found my interest fading. After getting almost all my top champs in 5/6* and having a decent amount of R3’s, I have less motivation than I used to and pushing for R4 6* isn’t something that moves the needle for me. The parry/dex issue didn’t help matters but the game needs some new game modes and the newest AI iterations are very frustrating and are ruining the game for me. With the meta demanding more and more intercepting, being light intercepted and having the AI not throwing specials no matter how much you hit into block, I find myself annoyed more and more. It is magnified in arena as well. I know they teased some new game modes in the dev diaries, hope they are coming soon. I thought SOP & Gauntlet were great and probably the main reason I’m still playing. AW/AQ/Incursions are monotonous to me.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    TB is not the end of this journey, 100% explore all the story quests, variants and bringing all the 6* champs you want to 6R3 is probably the end of the journey
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Nix2222 said:

For me personally, I’ve found my interest fading. After getting almost all my top champs in 5/6* and having a decent amount of R3’s, I have less motivation than I used to and pushing for R4 6* isn’t something that moves the needle for me. The parry/dex issue didn’t help matters but the game needs some new game modes and the newest AI iterations are very frustrating and are ruining the game for me. With the meta demanding more and more intercepting, being light intercepted and having the AI not throwing specials no matter how much you hit into block, I find myself annoyed more and more. It is magnified in arena as well. I know they teased some new game modes in the dev diaries, hope they are coming soon. I thought SOP & Gauntlet were great and probably the main reason I’m still playing. AW/AQ/Incursions are monotonous to me.

Agree. I think I will probably retire after the end of the SOP.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    ChiliDog said:

Nalak8 said:

Where are you in story? The easy paths in act 7 so far (through 7.1) are way more fun than act 6.
    I’m currently at 6.3.2. I have completed all variants except variant 1. Hoping to complete act 6 by October/November.