**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No Way Home Teaser

Comments

• Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    This is a lot of plot I smell, I like it.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Lpoo said:

Was that James Franco’s Harry Osborn saying “Careful what you wish for Parker”?

Nah it was his father William Dafoe.

Strange literally learned in HIS TITLE MOVIE to not screw around with risky magic too much! I could understand doing something risky to save the universe but for Peter? Cmon

So, theory time here, but what if it isn't Dr. Strange at all? What if it's Mephisto posing as Dr strange? This story all of a sudden screams One More Day story arc.
    You really just said Mephisto… I made a joke but what if it’s actually Mysterio and it’s alk an illusion again lol
    The possibilities are literally endless 😈🤣
    People about to start calling the rat in Endgame Mephisto, bout every character that we don’t fully know is Mephisto lol
  • Options
    Djin said:

Strange literally learned in HIS TITLE MOVIE to not screw around with risky magic too much! I could understand doing something risky to save the universe but for Peter? Cmon

Pretty sure it's straight from the comics. When Peter's identify was revealed, he asked Doctor Strange for help and everything was alright. But not in the movie...
    Oh, you’re talking about One Moment In Time, one of the most disliked stories in the Spider-Man arc
  • Options
    AlbinoDarkElfAlbinoDarkElf Posts: 111
    Yeah but that guy has him arms crossed, Daredevil is blind so he would have his walking stick.
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited August 2021

To be fair, the multiverse JUST started. Besides, he’s THE sorcerer supreme. The guy knows what he’s doing. And we finally get the sinister six soooo
    I feel like it’d have been better if Reed appeared in WV so he could explain everything in this movie though
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★

Yeah but that guy has him arms crossed, Daredevil is blind so he would have his walking stick.

Definitely very true, but I also think they wouldn't want to make it obvious in the trailer as it would be a surprise appearance to shock fans. Just speculation
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    ChriissR said:

Djin said:

ChriissR said:

That was literally everything that I wanted it to be. Green Goblin’s Pumpkin Bomb, Doc Ock obviously, but did I miss anything?

Lizard man, Doc Oc, Electro, DaFoes laugh with the pumpkin bomb, Sandman (I think) and a quick frame of Charlie Cox I think... So hype
    Where did you see Charlie Cox and Lizard?
    The guy in the white suit that slams the folders down is Charlie. Lizard you can at least hear roar during the trailer.

Edit: think that little quick clip where Peter is in a suit and then something comes out from behind him is lizard.

The guy in white does not look like Charlie....

This could be him. He was rumored to be in the movie so its definitely possible.
    Could be.
    But he's blind, he's supposed to carry a cane around other people. That guy just normally walks into the room.
    He'll probably show up in the movie but this guy is most likely not him.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Hyped as hell.
  • Options
    The guy in the light shirt, dark tie OUTSIDE the room in that shot with Peter sitting at the table does not look like Charlie Cox/Daredevil. He looks like a middle-aged detective/agent who is involved with Peter’s interrogation. The mid-40’s paunch and the hairline are quite distinct from Matt Murdoch’s profile.
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    One random thing that caught my eye in the trailer is that there are scenes of Peter and MJ standing on top of a bridge, just like the final act of the original Toby Maguire spider man movie. Cool callback
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Yea hopefully they do find a logical explanation for Strange acting the way he did.
  • Options
    Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I didn't know it was possible to be this unhyped for an MCU movie, one starring my favorite version of Spider-Man no less. Maybe that will change when we get closer to release, but for now there's no hype from me.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Lpoo said:

Was that James Franco’s Harry Osborn saying “Careful what you wish for Parker”?

Nah it was his father William Dafoe.

So, theory time here, but what if it isn't Dr. Strange at all? What if it's Mephisto posing as Dr strange? This story all of a sudden screams One More Day story arc.
    You really just said Mephisto… I made a joke but what if it’s actually Mysterio and it’s alk an illusion again lol
    I'll do you one better, what if you are dreaming and thinking about ranting over the forums for this new spider man movie teaser coming out.

Jokes aside, i kinda agree with whatever you said about strange being immature and just doing what pete asked. But im sure there is a logical explanation to it and its too early to assume anything. So far for me, im all sold into this movie.
    Yeah, the movie will honestly probably end up being great but the way they've framed the story in this trailer really is not the best
  • Options
    X_FactorX_Factor Posts: 36
    BuffBeast said:

To be fair, the multiverse JUST started. Besides, he’s THE sorcerer supreme. The guy knows what he’s doing. And we finally get the sinister six soooo
    I feel like it’d have been better if Reed appeared in WV so he could explain everything in this movie though
    As far as we should be concerned.. Strange isn’t sorcerer supreme yet. He’s never officially given the title in the mcu.
  • Options
    X_FactorX_Factor Posts: 36

While this is true, I just want to point out that trailers are often altered from their theatrical release. The Infinity war trailer was altered a lot to cover up a lot of the plot. They could be doing the same here.
  • Options
    DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    I hate multiverse and never wanted it to become a thing in first place but now it looks I have to ready my brain to accept it.
  • Options
    Malreck04 said:

Looks dope, plot seems stupid though

Stupid how?
    Why in hell would Dr. Strange ever do something so stupid, like legitimately he big brained a multiverse strategy in Infinity War/Endgame and now it’s just “ok Peter look at cool spell 🙂”
    I have to agree with this. Strange really just messes with the multiverse to help peter? However marvel does know how to write good plots, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Also strange casting the spell should be a significant scene right? Almost felt like a joke in the trailer.
    I mean... A superhero wears a mask not only to hide face but also to protect people they love. Last thing they want is a villain killing his/her family.
    With his identity revealed, his life may not be in danger but life of MJ, Ned and Aunt May is.
    That is probably the main reason why Doctor Strange is ready to help him.

I think while Strange was casting the spell something else happened which caused it to not work properly... like He Who Remains died or Wanda was breaking reality to find her sons..
  • Options
    Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    This is the second most excited I have been for any movie, first being End Game of course. I’m really really excited for this, and I read somewhere that sandman was in the trailer too but I couldn’t see him anywhere. Could someone please point him out for me?
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

This is the second most excited I have been for any movie, first being End Game of course. I’m really really excited for this, and I read somewhere that sandman was in the trailer too but I couldn’t see him anywhere. Could someone please point him out for me?

That quick shot of the sand with the lightning behind it
  • Options
    Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★

That quick shot of the sand with the lightning behind it
    Ahh thanks, it didn’t occur to me that the sand would be sandman
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Electro and Sandman at 2:26? Could this be an adaptation of the Sinister Six?
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★

Looks dope, plot seems stupid though

Stupid how?
    Why in hell would Dr. Strange ever do something so stupid, like legitimately he big brained a multiverse strategy in Infinity War/Endgame and now it’s just “ok Peter look at cool spell 🙂”
    It's just a trailer. We don't know the actual reason Strange is casting the spell.
  • Options

Possible plot hole...??
    Eye of Agamotto was destroyed in Infinity War.
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Djin said:

Possible plot hole...??
    Eye of Agamotto was destroyed in Infinity War.

@Djin the eye was never destroyed. Strange removed the time stone and gave it to Thanos. The time stone was then taken out of another reality, used to snap, and returned. So strange still has the eye, just not the stone