**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Combo whiffing (video attached) [Fix in Next Update]

Comments

• This bug is crazy when I’m hammering down someone with crossbones, hulk, x23, voodoo just to name a few. I’m not a fan of it at all. That’s the reason I stopped playing act 5. It would cost me more items than I intend to use because of this.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Happens to me at least once a week with GR. He throws his silly looking elbow smash into the air and I eat a combo. Happens often against electro.
  • Maxwell33Maxwell33 Posts: 47
    Been noticing this too with my agent venom. My last medium from a 5 hit combo won't register, they'll block my special and I'll eat a combo and get wrecked.

Using a huwai Nexus 6p phone
  • SKOutsiderSKOutsider Posts: 117 ★★
    It seems related to the PI as I’ve been attempting act 5 100% completion and it’s been a nightmare. I’ve put it on hold until this rather serious bug gets fixed.

I’ve attempted to use the 4 combo and a special too and it works 9/10 times, yet in act 5 there isn’t any room for mistakes.

Last week I didn’t have an issue in act 5, yet the new patch brought forth some issues that I was hoping were dead.

Having a special link into a combo and either a) not firing at all or b)firing, they insta block and then attack you as soon as your animation finishes is beyond annoying.

For anyone defending Kabam it’s nothing to do with the nodes or champions, it is a bug clear as simple.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey guys. I am taking this to the team, and I'll let you know once we've had the chance to do some testing. Thanks for the information and videos!

While it's nice that it's finally being investigated, why not sticky this thread so that it doesn't continue to get buried in the forums. This was done in the old forums. In these new forums.... issues under investigation don't get resolved and threads get buried. Don't you want to minimize duplicate threads?
  • Myxkidz77Myxkidz77 Posts: 78
    Happens a lot with witch and ww2 as well. And wolverine I think is taking biggest hit from it. Along with evade if you dash back after a combo you just stand there, or they run in on their own.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Hey guys. I am taking this to the team, and I'll let you know once we've had the chance to do some testing. Thanks for the information and videos!

While it's nice that it's finally being investigated, why not sticky this thread so that it doesn't continue to get buried in the forums. This was done in the old forums. In these new forums.... issues under investigation don't get resolved and threads get buried. Don't you want to minimize duplicate threads?

I guess you mean that it's finally investigated again, this issue is old really old and was burried an insane amount of times that it's becoming their mo at this point.

We bring it up, we post images, and videos they put it under investigation the thread gets lost in the shuffle they "fix" it or "investigate" it again then repeats the cycle. Then the administrators act like they've never heard about it before and go we'll bring it to the game team while this thread gets lost and while the "investigation" seemingly goes nowhere.

This happens with numerous bugs and issues, here on these forums and on the old ones and will likely continue to do so until they take the game down and fix the all the issues but that's unlikely to happen according to them so all we can do is hope for a time that all these major bugs and issues are put to bed for good.
    edited November 2017

I guess you mean that it's finally investigated again, this issue is old really old and was burried an insane amount of times that it's becoming their mo at this point.

We bring it up, we post images, and videos they put it under investigation the thread gets lost in the shuffle they "fix" it or "investigate" it again then repeats the cycle. Then the administrators act like they've never heard about it before and go we'll bring it to the game team while this thread gets lost and while the "investigation" seemingly goes nowhere.

This happens with numerous bugs and issues, here on these forums and on the old ones and will likely continue to do so until they take the game down and fix the all the issues but that's unlikely to happen according to them so all we can do is hope for a time that all these major bugs and issues are put to bed for good.

Yes , I’m familiar with other combo whiffing issues, previously with daredevil, Starlord, wolvie, deadpool and some others. This does seem similar. Not sure know this is still “under investigation”, I’ve provided 2 videos with solid evidence. They also close threads when they say they’ve pushed out a fix for a problem without even waiting a week or so for customer feedback on if it was actually fixed. I get frustrated with all the bugs too and don’t understand why they don’t sticky Known Issues here in the forums. It seems like they don’t want problems to be known or highlighted here on the forums. I don’t have high hopes that this issue will be corrected anytime soon.
    Act 5.3.5

Combo whiffing and freeze frames. Just another day in MCOC.

IPad4
    iOS 10.3.3 (latest iOS for this device)
    MCOC up to date
    No push notification on
    Just turned on my device

https://youtu.be/SGSl5DtPKK0
    Act 5.3.5

Combo whiffing and freeze frames. Just another day in MCOC.

IPad4
    MCOC up to date
    No push notification on
    Just turned on my device

https://youtu.be/SGSl5DtPKK0

I forgot to mention that the combo whiff happens around the :30 second mark. 4th hit of the combo misses.
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to touch base and let you know that I've provided your information and videos to the team, and they're looking into this now. Thanks for bearing with us.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    It has happened to me too. It seems to happen more often with characters like Gwenpool and Storm. I don't know if it is because of their smaller character model (hit box) or their fighting style. In harder content, there is no room for error. These kinds of problems hold us way back from progressing in the game.
  • ChiSox_2005ChiSox_2005 Posts: 126
    This just happened to me in AQ. Map 5 Tier 2 against Hood. I got hit while I was in mid combo.
  • ChiSox_2005ChiSox_2005 Posts: 126
    And he wasn't invisible when this happened.
    edited November 2017
    What’s the point of saying it’s under investigation and not sticky-ing the thread? It’ll just get buried in the forums, And not responded too.

To give you an idea why I’m concerned, There’s a thread about nebula bug that is under investigation and hasn’t been responded to for almost a month and she’s still ridiculously bugged, even more than she was last month.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/26664/nebula-and-blade-well-timed-block-under-investigation

Or if there are multiple threads about the same issue, please combine them! This used to happen all the time in the old forums.
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★

Hey everyone. Just wanted to touch base and let you know that I've provided your information and videos to the team, and they're looking into this now. Thanks for bearing with us.

Moderator literally just proves what you said.

Constant cycle of kabam smoke and mirrors. Personally I think they just dont know how to fix it.
  • adamlar4102adamlar4102 Posts: 18
    Video speaks for itself. Around hit 96, I feel the game messing up and back off. Next combo, my 4th hit misses and I eat an enemy combo, killing almost half my health.

This happens a lot with Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch, usually missing on their 4th hit of a combo.

IPad4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3oxllkS1z0

This is what I call **** microlags. It happens all the time, doesn't matter how short or long is the fight.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★

It’s hard to please everyone, when everyone is waiting for so long , I appreciate your acknowledgement over this issue and keeping us posted, just give us a time frame or something on which we can hope that things are going to get better soon, hope you understand our feelings as a user. Thanks
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    bump this thread
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey guys. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that it looks like this is fixed in 16.1, but I will let you know if anything changes. Thanks for bearing with me on this.
    Hey guys. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that it looks like this is fixed in 16.1, but I will let you know if anything changes. Thanks for bearing with me on this.

Look forward to the upcoming fix.

I'd like to ask that this thread remain open after 16.1 so that we can we can provide additional feedback and ensure that the problem is fixed.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Guys. Big picture! For one thing MCOC doesn't rate the AAA development team anymore! They are all working on Avitar. They have promised 7 new games. Big picture! It is a reality of business. This game is three years in and they are moving talent around where their priorities are and we just ain't it. Not saying they are not trying but we got the bushleaguers!
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    It is happening till now I have stopped even after 3 combo really frustrating.standing for hit.