**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

October Champ prediction

I think one of the new champs for October will be Dark Phoenix this is why , she already exists in game , she is also an Xmen character so she links with this month's event , and the mail it was all just a dream makes me think it will be Dark Phoenix, What are your thoughts?

Comments

• But how do those champs link with this months update?
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    There is also the Battlerealm Character Map and all the symbiotes just so happen to link to one of them empty "big boss" tiles.

It's Knull for sure lmao.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

There is also the Battlerealm Character Map and all the symbiotes just so happen to link to one of them empty "big boss" tiles.

It's Knull for sure lmao.

I mean that too, but it just means that Knull could come at any point. However with September and October being linked together in terms of story, the link between Mutants and Knull needed to be explained 😅
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

But how do those champs link with this months update?

The first teaser message was in Krakaon. Krakoa being the living island and safe haven for Mutants. The message said "Wake".

The second teaser message was in Klyntar. Klyntar being the name for Symbiotes, the name of their language, and their name of their home planet. The message read "wake". Knull is the original source of the Klyntar.

In one story, Knull infects Mutants with Symbiotes (called Knullification) one of which being Cable, who then brought the Symbiote plague to Krakoa through a Krakoa Gate.

There's the Mutant/Symbiote/Knull tied together. Anti-Venom is just a guess because of the Carnage film though.

Thus the Mutant/Symbiote
    With the anti-venom. Mr Negative also healed Venom of (I think it was) cancer once and created anti-venom.

Mr Negative and venom have a mystery synergy. Adds up for it to be anti venom.
    and it’s even called healing touch
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    I hope It's gonna be Onslaught,
    The great evil lurking in paradise (Krakoa)

"What makes Onslaught a truly insidious threat is that after his defeat years ago, he laid low, and no one has heard from him since."

Way of X has revealed how Onslaught has sustained himself on Krakoa. When a mutant dies, a backed-up version of their mind is used to resurrect them. But their experiences and memories from between when they were last backed up and when they died are lost. It has been discovered that Onslaught has been feeding on these lost bits of mutants' psyches, making him stronger. X-Men: Onslaught Revelation will bring Onslaught back to the Marvel Universe, and once again Professor X will be the catalyst.

ItsDamien said:

The first teaser message was in Krakaon. Krakoa being the living island and safe haven for Mutants. The message said "Wake".

The second teaser message was in Klyntar. Klyntar being the name for Symbiotes, the name of their language, and their name of their home planet. The message read "wake". Knull is the original source of the Klyntar.

In one story, Knull infects Mutants with Symbiotes (called Knullification) one of which being Cable, who then brought the Symbiote plague to Krakoa through a Krakoa Gate.

There's the Mutant/Symbiote/Knull tied together. Anti-Venom is just a guess because of the Carnage film though.

Thus the Mutant/Symbiote
    With the anti-venom. Mr Negative also healed Venom of (I think it was) cancer once and created anti-venom.

Oh for sure, the evidence for it being Anti Venom is far more than it not, also Anti Venom made a reappearance after it and Flash died, during the Knull invasion of Earth which I believe is the continuation of the story arc of Krakoa (I could be wrong though) because it the genetic memory of it was stored in the Hive Codex, and was used to take down the Symbiote Dragon.

So yeah. Anti Venom and Knull it is.
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    Seriously rooting for Anti Venom to be sick. And ideally, we can get Nimrod and Anti-Venom featured cavs!
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Does this mean our little symbiote coming home to us 🤔

Does this mean our little symbiote coming home to us 🤔

Honestly if this happens I would forgive Kabam for the last few months.

Okay not that much but I would LOVE Lil Steve to make a reappearance
  • DraKulaDraKula Posts: 23

I think one of the new champs for October will be Dark Phoenix this is why , she already exists in game , she is also an Xmen character so she links with this month's event , and the mail it was all just a dream makes me think it will be Dark Phoenix, What are your thoughts?

i think October's champs are going to be knull and anti-venom, I'd love me some beyond god tier dark Phoenix in the future tho
  • DraKulaDraKula Posts: 23
    Saiyan said:

ItsDamien said:

Thus the Mutant/Symbiote

Agreed here, It's 100% Knull and Anti Venom.

Mr. Neg has a synergy with Venom and an Unknown champion called "healing touch" and in the comics Eddie lost the symbiote inside him ALMOST completely but when he met Mr. Neg's alter ego it healed his Cancer and in the process creating Anti-Venom.

Knull is the only Marvel character who links to all the Symbiotes like this on the map shown. That in game Mail about teasing pure darkness makes sense for Knull also since he's been around in the pure void of darkness since before the universe came into existence.

They NEED to make Knull into an Apoc like champ who on his own is amazing for both offense and defence and have some horseman like synergies for the Symbiotes in game to pump them up to mutant like levels.

Question. Why would knull be linked to platinumpool?
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★

I hope It's gonna be Onslaught,
    The great evil lurking in paradise (Krakoa)

"What makes Onslaught a truly insidious threat is that after his defeat years ago, he laid low, and no one has heard from him since."

Way of X has revealed how Onslaught has sustained himself on Krakoa. When a mutant dies, a backed-up version of their mind is used to resurrect them. But their experiences and memories from between when they were last backed up and when they died are lost. It has been discovered that Onslaught has been feeding on these lost bits of mutants' psyches, making him stronger. X-Men: Onslaught Revelation will bring Onslaught back to the Marvel Universe, and once again Professor X will be the catalyst.

That’d be great.

Especially since onslaught has came back to the comics via “Way of X” story line recently. I doubt it tho. The puzzle isn’t really telling me that.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    I would really like it to be Rachel Summers (Phoenix)
  • Knull and Anti-Venom is most likely
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Thus the Mutant/Symbiote
    Seeing this I want to crack a bad dad joke

What does knull do to champs with buffs?
    He knullifies them

ItsDamien said:

Thus the Mutant/Symbiote

He knullifies them
    I highly doubt that Kabam will miss the opportunity to give him a Knullification ability 🤣
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    I think they are gonna release 6 star blade next month.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Thus the Mutant/Symbiote

He knullifies them
    I highly doubt that Kabam will miss the opportunity to give him a Knullification ability 🤣
    I dunno, the Hercules crystals weren’t called The People’s Champion crystals. Would’ve been perfect

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Thus the Mutant/Symbiote

He knullifies them
    I dunno, the Hercules crystals weren’t called The People’s Champion crystals. Would’ve been perfect
    I thought they did but then I remembered it was the Choice Champion crystal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I hope it's Anti-Venom. Been waiting a long time for that.
  • Jackd1989Jackd1989 Posts: 415 ★★★
    i have 2 theories based on the ingame message:
    1. Kindred from Spiderman as he is known to invade peoples nightmares and make them wake in a cold sweat
    2. Onslaught - the physical manifestation of Prof x and Magnetos hatred from the 90's who is coming back to the comics, also him because i reckon october will be another mutant based EQ
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    No, it's Knull and another Symbiote-based character.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Other than Anti-Venom, who are candidates?

A sym supreme type champ (sym wolverine or an existing character that has a symbiote attached?) - I don’t want this BTW

Scream
    Phage

Who else?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★

A sym supreme type champ (sym wolverine or an existing character that has a symbiote attached?) - I don’t want this BTW

Scream
    Phage

Who else?
    Riot, toxin, Lasher.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Scream
    Phage

Who else?
    Riot, toxin, Lasher.
    Cool. I have my favorites, but I’d take any new symbiote character.
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 683 ★★★

Scream
    Phage

Who else?
    It's 99% Anti-Venom as Mr Negative has a synergy with a mystery champ and venom called "healing touch". In the comics, his touch energized remnants of the venom symbiote in Eddie Brock's body and combined it with white blood cells to become anti-venom so it must be him