**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

To everyone in the community

So we all know two months been really chaotic for entire mcoc community and i have seen all the bashing kabam been getting recently and somehow after mike's response people are trying to make it more dramatic....!!
And about his wording you also gotta understand some people dont pick up social cues very well ....i mean truth to be told he wasn't even being rude if you felt that way.... common guys its not like they have been not trying to fix the bugs and all...they even did provided aq/aw compensation and even heck normal compensation...Its not like they are forcing us to spend money on the game its at the end of the day 'OUR' choice....heck some of us dont even know what is the process behind running the entire game and all we can just blame them for not immediately fixing the bugs...they must be trying their hard to fix the bugs , they also would like to see that fixed i mean who doesn't want smooth creators , if people quit the game because of bugs its gonna be their loss and they definitely acknowledge that..if they still couldn't fix the bugs that means it must be problem which is little more big than they anticipated.....he even mentioned to plan more communication ...so yeah maybe perhaps you guys can be more patient and i am not saying you all have to agree with me at the end we are humans and we are keen to have different ideology but please just try to be patient ...all i want people to not hate this game and people behind the curtain as this game and people behind has provided you lot of fun and good memories and perhaps many friends..so just be patient and dont follow toxicity ...if everyone just kept being negative , it does hurt people who are behind running and making this game and it does ultimately impact the system...so just be more supportive and more patient and maybe we will soon see positive shift in the game...!!

Comments

• Been thinking this for a while, totally agree that its clear that kabam is doing their best to try and get this fixed
  • PrincenayarwPrincenayarw Posts: 367 ★★
    Giving the time id definitely the right thing to do, well said. The player base are just very frustrated (including me at times) due to certain persistent issues that have been said to be acknowledged and fixes, yet still persists and in this case even worse this update. Yet I do agree that people should be patient and support kabam in making the necessary changes rather than straight up lashing out and threatening to quit the game, as this doesn't help in any way. So overall neither side are to be blamed.

Suggestion: But kabam should focus more on resolving the game breaking issues rather than bringing out new content/event to do and have people complaint about these issues over and over again and having to give compensation over and over again. But we do need to support them if we really want to get anywhere with the game.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

I think people were looking for a reason to be angry, Miike's response was great in my view.

-Explained why communication seemed sparse while confirming more was coming in a week or two
    -Apologised
    -Clarified that kabam don't benefit from a bug

I'm not sure exactly what he did wrong? Can anyone who's actually offended by this explain why?

Because it doesn't fit with the angry people's narrative.
    Perhaps, but if someone can actually explain other than "He was rude", yeah but why was he rude?
    OGAvenger said:

My guess is they were looking for some small sliver of hope on the horizon and his response didn’t give that in the slightest.

I thought his response was fine but I still believe they could be a lot better with communication. Even just a “no updates yet but we are continuing to work on the issue” or something like that goes a long way. Updates every 2 weeks on an issue as big as this just isn’t cutting it

Fair point. So do you think the mention of compensation didnt act as a sliver of hope? Or do you mean they wanted a response that was “the bug has been fixed”. And anything else was automatically bad.

I definitely agree with the “no updates yet”. Anything is better than radio silence, we’re not demanding updates with good news every half an hour, but even confirmation of no news is still an update worth giving.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    People want to be angry. Miike's post covered a lot of points which people have been asking about these last few weeks. But no. "hOw DaRe He MeNtIoN tHe PlIgHt oF tHe DeVs? Grrrrrr.... "

• slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

I think people were looking for a reason to be angry, Miike's response was great in my view.

-Explained why communication seemed sparse while confirming more was coming in a week or two
    -Apologised

I'm not sure exactly what he did wrong? Can anyone who's actually offended by this explain why?

Because some youtubers said this was stupid and we know how ppl would believe in their explanation more than a moderator
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    What is even going on.

Why is forum having an aneurysm again.
    e_mac said:

"They're doing their best to fix this problem", but are they though?

Ignoring the obvious conspiracy theory here.

What benefit does Kabam have from having a bugged game, players playing less than they usually would and less players spending?

What proof do you have of them not trying? Other than this has been a long bug.

Does the beta test and the 2 or 3 hotfixes they’ve tried not prove that their trying? And if you think that means they’re inept, does that not prove that this issue is just as complicated as they’ve repeatedly said?

If you think you can do better than Kabam’s engineers, apply. Until then, I think they know more about their game than someone who just plays it and is annoyed about a long bug.
    slacker said:

-Apologised

Because some youtubers said this was stupid and we know how ppl would believe in their explanation more than a moderator
    Please don’t think I’m denying the existence of these videos but could I see an example? I’m interested
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★

100% think that they are wrong its taking them over 2months almost 3months to fix a game and then we get given petty compensation for that length of garbage that's just as insulting as the 3months we have put up with this. Then a kabam person comes in chat and basically insults players like its our fault lmfao really man. Thus is your guys company and that's how you respond to people considering your game I repeat YOUR game what you own not us

Miike didn't insult anyone in that post though. Just making a case for the devs there. I mean if you get triggered by the fact that devs are also working hard under stressful situations contrary to popular conspiracy theories, that's on you.
  • Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★

100% think that they are wrong its taking them over 2months almost 3months to fix a game and then we get given petty compensation for that length of garbage that's just as insulting as the 3months we have put up with this. Then a kabam person comes in chat and basically insults players like its our fault lmfao really man. Thus is your guys company and that's how you respond to people considering your game I repeat YOUR game what you own not us

Insults....that was definitely not an insult...its just all the people so wanna focus on rage so they read it in that perspective...!!!
This discussion has been closed.