**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Options for those that don't have the roster for SHANG-CHI CHALLENGE Chap 2

I'm currently a cavalier (i.e. just became cavalier 2 weeks ago) and I was able to go through Chap 1 of the Shang-chi Challenge. Based on my roster I obviously don't have the necessary champions to get through Chap 2 unless I want to spend a ton on revives and potions. Should there be a system where these new challenges like the SHANG-CHI CHALLENGE Chap 2 are tailored to what everyone's own roster is? I don't have corvus at all, so for me, this challenge is a pass, and would have to wait until I have the necessary champions to get through most of the advanced new challenges. I'm not saying change the difficulty, but whoever you have on your rost could be a substitute for Corvus. For my roster, I don't have any alternative to a Corvus. I know this would be an overhaul, but for some of us, this SHANG-CHI CHALLENGE chap 2 would be a pass.

Comments

• WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★
    LordPSN said:

I learnt this a long time ago. Not all chapters or SQs are designed for everyone.. Some are solely made for end game users or those having a vast roster..
    So... Take a break.. Enjoy other modes .

I totally agree but when you're staring at 5* nexus as a new cavalier trying to build up a 5* roster it can be tempting to toss sanity out the window and just spend.
    No_oneuk said:

LordPSN said:

I learnt this a long time ago. Not all chapters or SQs are designed for everyone.. Some are solely made for end game users or those having a vast roster..
    So... Take a break.. Enjoy other modes .

I totally agree but when you're staring at 5* nexus as a new cavalier trying to build up a 5* roster it can be tempting to toss sanity out the window and just spend.
    Then that would be a lesson. Do it, make the mistake, learn from the mistake and then you will grow patience. That's how life works often.
    Obviously, I'm not going to but it can be tempting. 😁
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Don't do this content, it's not for you.

I used to avoid certain challenges because I was exactly in your situation. Now I have a very wide roster and I usually accumulate revives before attempting such challenges.

Used all my stash but cleared this challenge too. Wait for the time when you have a wide roster too. Until this ch1 is for you.

I used to avoid certain challenges because I was exactly in your situation. Now I have a very wide roster and I usually accumulate revives before attempting such challenges.

Used all my stash but cleared this challenge too. Wait for the time when you have a wide roster too. Until this ch1 is for you.

I'm definitely not, I don't have the vast resources, maybe in 2 or 3 years😁

I'm UC and I understood and didn't pout about chapter 2, maybe someday I'll have the roster to fight it all but for now,I'll settle for completing chapter 1.

Totally agree!!
  • SteveMSteveM Posts: 186
    I remember feeling this way when I first started playing the game. I would get frustrated that I couldn't complete a challenge quest. Then it hit me that it's a "challenge" and not everyone would be able to complete it all. You give it your best shot and see how far you can get within your own parameters of item use/unit spend/time.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,674 ★★★★★
    It's okay to not complete content. People need to understand that. Not every content/difficulty is for every player. Even as a Thronebreaker, I don't feel like the second chapter is for me. It feels like a full gauntlet of SOP bosses and I'm not about to run down it for those rewards.

I tried the first She-Hulk and while I got her down in the end, I was left with two KO'd champs and a Nick Fury on the brink of death. I could probably beat her but...why, really? There are two much tougher She-Hulks after her and a whole bunch of other bosses as well. Plus an actual final boss.

I could probably muscle my way through with my roster, but I could also use those resources to finish my exploration of Act 7.1 and 7.2. The Shang-Chi challenge is, in my eyes, better left to those with nothing left to do in the game and the roster to prove it. I'm not quite there yet, despite being in the top-tier progression title-wise.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

I'm definitely not, I don't have the vast resources, maybe in 2 or 3 years😁
    If you're an active player it won't take you that long, given that you keep improving certain areas.

Progressing through the story is frankly a great way to enhance your skills. You'll get better at re-parry, intercepts, dexing multiple times. There's no way around it, this game is really complex and has a good skill gap.

If you're a cavalier and can do EQ without resources, you're probably ready to go through rest of ch6. Just take time to grind resources if you run out and never use units as the first resource.

A lot of ppl spend thousands of units to get through quests, you'll never become a better player by doing that. It just means that you or your roster isn't ready, you might be able to push through it somehow, but you won't be good enough for other harder content that comes out.

I spent about 300 units on Grandmaster and that's been the toughest fight I've seen in the contest. I'm still learning. Good luck.
    I totally agree with SteveM , Ercarret, and rockykoston! Just gotta pay my dues in this game and see a year from now where I'm at! Hope you guys get the champions u need! 😁
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

I'm currently a cavalier (i.e. just became cavalier 2 weeks ago) and I was able to go through Chap 1 of the Shang-chi Challenge. Based on my roster I obviously don't have the necessary champions to get through Chap 2 unless I want to spend a ton on revives and potions. Should there be a system where these new challenges like the SHANG-CHI CHALLENGE Chap 2 are tailored to what everyone's own roster is? I don't have corvus at all, so for me, this challenge is a pass, and would have to wait until I have the necessary champions to get through most of the advanced new challenges. I'm not saying change the difficulty, but whoever you have on your rost could be a substitute for Corvus. For my roster, I don't have any alternative to a Corvus. I know this would be an overhaul, but for some of us, this SHANG-CHI CHALLENGE chap 2 would be a pass.

A list of tailored content for Cav players-
    Act 6
    Act 7
    Variants 2-7
    MEQ's- Beginner through Cav difficulty
    LOL
    ROL
    AOL
    Most SQ's.

How much more would you like tailored to you?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★

Who do you have? Corvus isn't the only option. He might not even be the best option. Hercules, Aegon, Thing, Shang-Chi all put in work and I'm sure there are a bunch that can do it if you plan carefully.

Who do you have? Corvus isn't the only option. He might not even be the best option. Hercules, Aegon, Thing, Shang-Chi all put in work and I'm sure there are a bunch that can do it if you plan carefully.
    I don't have 5* Hercules, Aegon, Thing, Shang-Chi in my roster. I've been looking online and on this forum for what players have attempted. But just others have mentioned, I'll skip this Chap 2 and wait till I have a stronger roster to take on harder events in the future 😁
  • WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 778 ★★★
    I’m uncollected and I can’t do chapter 2
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I totally agree with SteveM , Ercarret, and rockykoston! Just gotta pay my dues in this game and see a year from now where I'm at! Hope you guys get the champions u need! 😁

Don't think about it in terms of paying dues. This game is a road with no end. As soon as people reach the end, they make more road. And there's two sets of players. A very tiny set that is always at the end of the road, waiting for them to make more road, and everyone else. If you're not in the first group, then you're in the second group, and for those players it is about the journey, not the destination. Because for those players, there is no destination.

There will always be more game than you can do. No matter how long you play, there will always be something juicy just out of reach. This is not a bad thing. You'll never run out of things to do.
    That is the absolute best attitude to have in terms of how to look at the game and everything that it has to offer. For the amount of time I have spent on these forums (Arguably way too long 😂) I can honestly say that after reading some of the opinions of cavalier and thronebreaker mostly revolving around not having any serious content to challenge them on a consistent basis, it actually kind of demotivated me to want to rush through so much content.
  • Ladpcw78Ladpcw78 Posts: 69
    This may be be how everyone feels but this is me. I’m Thronebreaker, F2P, I’ve never enjoyed long fights. Never had an interest to do LOL or AOL. I did SOP every week for milestones but didn’t bother with finale week.

Even now being Thronebreaker a 5 star is still exciting (obv depends on who). Over last few months I pulled a 5* Apocalypse and Magic (Just pulled Guaridan from a 5* Nexus) and it feels great.

Enjoy the content and don’t think about the rewards you don’t get from not completing any. My SOP initial 6* class nexus made me sick but the next pull may be great!!!
  • NarlsonNarlson Posts: 23
    Took me 720 units and 13 revives in my inventory. Was very hard, but I would say it's worth it if u have around 1000 units for those rewards.
  • NarlsonNarlson Posts: 23

• tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Every player went through this phase, v when the top guys. Some contents require skill and roster. It's just one of them.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    You should try the variants instead of this quest. Much more fun and satisfying.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    I played mcoc for year and half and learnt everything isint meant for everyone
    We must learn to drop out some stuff when it's too high for us, u can't have everything