**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

True Focus

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

people acting like cheesing contents with ghost and quake are very simple and doesnt require high skill at all while infact using those two requires a very high skill for cheesing contents. have you ever tried quaking a 300k health champion? i did once and my fingers got very tired. have you ever tried playing ghost? timing phasing and the hit you gonna deal so you dont get wrecked. it requires lots of training to master those. for those people saying that they should nerf them, they are the people who dont play with them/have them. instead of adding true focus everywhere, give us nodes that help and feed other champions aswell. like those fury buffs we get for doing stuff in Cav eq

Ghost in particular but even Quake being oh so difficult to use is one of the biggest exaggerations ever to be parroted about constantly.
    in my opinion you are just being an idiot you never use both as you mentioned before. so why commenting about quake play style when you never tried it before? it's even harder then ghost just lose your focus and boom you are doomed. learn before posting your bs here
    Quake is hard to play but even then I think it's OP that she is able to manage almost 90% of the game and ignore majority of interactions in the game.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

people acting like cheesing contents with ghost and quake are very simple and doesnt require high skill at all while infact using those two requires a very high skill for cheesing contents. have you ever tried quaking a 300k health champion? i did once and my fingers got very tired. have you ever tried playing ghost? timing phasing and the hit you gonna deal so you dont get wrecked. it requires lots of training to master those. for those people saying that they should nerf them, they are the people who dont play with them/have them. instead of adding true focus everywhere, give us nodes that help and feed other champions aswell. like those fury buffs we get for doing stuff in Cav eq

Ghost in particular but even Quake being oh so difficult to use is one of the biggest exaggerations ever to be parroted about constantly.
    in my opinion you are just being an idiot you never use both as you mentioned before. so why commenting about quake play style when you never tried it before? it's even harder then ghost just lose your focus and boom you are doomed. learn before posting your bs here
    Quake is hard to play but even then I think it's OP that she is able to manage almost 90% of the game and ignore majority of interactions in the game.
    Quake is hard to learn, easy to play
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

He never said he hasn't. He said he rarely uses them. I'm not sure you're aware of this, but he has one of the most extensive Rosters in the game.
  • people acting like cheesing contents with ghost and quake are very simple and doesnt require high skill at all while infact using those two requires a very high skill for cheesing contents. have you ever tried quaking a 300k health champion? i did once and my fingers got very tired. have you ever tried playing ghost? timing phasing and the hit you gonna deal so you dont get wrecked. it requires lots of training to master those. for those people saying that they should nerf them, they are the people who dont play with them/have them. instead of adding true focus everywhere, give us nodes that help and feed other champions aswell. like those fury buffs we get for doing stuff in Cav eq

You do realise the guy you’re talking about has over 3m rating and has been in the likes of 4Loki and other masters/P1 level alliances so I don’t think you can really call him out on bs about not being able to use champions. I can Quake but don’t enjoy it, so I don’t.

My concern when making this thread was one of design philosophy and irritation that i can’t use a champion I’ve heavily invested in in new content.

There’s no reason to get personal with people on here
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I said I don't use them not that I can't use them. You should try reading a bit better. I can use both just fine but I greatly dislike broken unbalancing mechanics and it would be a tad hypocritical to speak against them existing as often as I do all the while abusing the hell out of them like all the people in this thread scared of losing their broken toys.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

ChuckD05 said:

I don't understand why everyone is up in arms about nodes like this. People love to complain that "challenging content isn't challenging if you can just quake it", but then when challenging content uses true focus to counter quake/ghost, people complain that they can't use quake/ghost.

I get that it's frustrating that true focus counters all miss/evade champs, but there are plenty of characters that don't rely on those mechanics. No one complains that mystic ward prevents you from using all your nullify champs.

Because you’ve prob not given ghost an ag and 200 stones , along with a t5cc. There is no node even remotely close to as wide spread and negativity affecting any mystic. Not even remotely close.
    I gave Ghost the generic AG from abyss exploration and around 120 sigs. I've been saying she should be nerfed along with Quake since LONG before True Focus existed. I practically never use either champ but if content is still going to exist with them taken into account I at least want them as options. I'd much rather all the broken champs be actually balanced though and the devs no longer feel the need to ruin other champs to dissuade people from using the broken ones however.
    I get that argument, I don’t think anybody can really argue that they’re not OP champions, barely in the same category as some of the best champions in the game. This is where balancing comes into play, it’s not balancing the game by cutting them off high end content. Making the odd True Focus lane would prevent Ghosters and Quakers just as well but what is essentially a blanket ban on them isn’t achieving this.
    You should also take into account the fact that you have got one of the deeper rosters in the game so even if Ghost/Quake we’re to just be deleted from the game you’ve got the majority of other ‘god tier’ champions at R3 so this wouldn’t necessarily affect you in the way it would affect someone a bit further down the pecking order.
    And I understand why those people wouldn't want anything to happen to those champs but that somewhat highlights my points about the fact they shouldn't exist in their current state. I have no doubt people with small rosters that have them don't want to lose their skeleton keys too all content but that shouldn't be a thing that exists in the first place imo.

Why should someone be able to pull one or two champs early on and steamroll 99% of content in the game? The whole point of a game like this is supposed to be roster building over time not get one or two of a handful of ridiculously unbalanced champs so you can punch above your weight and never need anyone else.
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Posts: 777 ★★★
    I got a solution to true focus;
    Just Focus Harder :)

• HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★

If you're still pro True Focus, imagine your favourite, your top, your most used champ in the entirety of your roster that you may have dumped a bunch of resources into. Any champ! And then imagine Kabam putting a node in every future piece of content in the game preventing you from using that champion at all! When that day comes you will be the one 'complaining'!

If your point is, that the point of True Focus is to prevent Ghost and Quake from steamrolling every piece of challenging content, then I'd argue that they never did and never will be able to steamroll every single piece of hard content in the game. Take Abyss for example, few would Ghost or Quake that. Take Cav EQ and Act 7 for example, they rarely get used there due to the nodes rewarding other champions better. At the end of the day they're all just champions. All of them have their strengths and weaknesses. Ghost needs a strong sense of timing, an aggressive AI, and in some fights a full synergy team. As for Quake, well, I can bet 90% of you reading this post can't even play her properly lol. It's unfair to say, like, "Oh they're the best options for this particular part of the contest, so they shouldn't be used at all." With this logic why not just throw combo lock into Abyss and make guaranteed crits deal reduced damage in the new Shang-Chi quest, no? Since Aegon and Corvus also 'steamroll' these pieces of content, they should also be removed from the equation completely, no?

I just want to know where there's a clause, where Kabam can't put a knot where it's difficult to use some champions.
    Stop being whiners and learn to use other champions too.
    I have Ghost and Quake 5* Full, in case Kabam ever nerf them, the kabam will give us all the resources that were spent to evolve champions.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,308 ★★★★★
    True focus is ruining champs like ghost and MN. Tigra is also being affected
  • OsmanGhostOsmanGhost Posts: 5
    Player_Slasher well spoken man!
    Why do we get punished by kabam with true focus because we mastered some champs we love to use. It’s not like they are so easy to master. My self I haven’t master quake, but i master ghost, and I invested so much into her. R3 sig 200 ghost on both my accs. Would be sad to see all my hard work also hard work from others to go waste. Be fair Kabam, it’s our hobby, we love this game and we also love to play with our favourite champ/champs…
    One more thing.
    This message is for the once who saying nerf ghost and quake. You all have a choice to master ghost and quake but you choose not to, so why all these complaining?
    If you don’t like ghost and quake don’t play with them, that’s it. But still so many complaining.

For your message. For me it’s funny if someone using a generic a.g on ghost and sig her up and then saying nerf her. A.g and sig stones is more still pretty rare in the game, so doesn’t make sense for me.

And because someone played in master ally doesn’t mean he have skills. I’ve seen a lot of master players and big whales big rosters with no skills.

If you don’t like ghost and quake don’t play with them, that’s it. But still so many complaining.

For your message. For me it’s funny if someone using a generic a.g on ghost and sig her up and then saying nerf her. A.g and sig stones is more still pretty rare in the game, so doesn’t make sense for me.

And because someone played in master ally doesn’t mean he have skills. I’ve seen a lot of master players and big whales big rosters with no skills.

Why do you think people are saying nerf ghost and quake?

And it's just baffling to me that people are even suggesting a nerf. Namor and Cull were released for 2 or 3 months before they were nerfed. Quake for FOUR YEARS. Ghost for THREE YEARS. Don't know bout y'all, but I remember Ghosting the #### out of all those bs 6.2 fights and Quaking the #### out of those bs Gauntlet fights. Their influence in the game is so massive that nerfing them would be stupid for anyone who hasn't fully completed all the content in the game that people have used Ghost and Quake for.

I agree that there should be some limits to Ghosting and Quaking every challenge without breaking a sweat, especially when the nodes are completely manageable with many other champions, but having True Focus everywhere straight up BANS the two and all the other champions who rely on Evade and Miss.

P.S. I have a r3 Ghost and barely used her while exploring 7.2 paths. Kabam, there are much better ways to encourage use of other champions, as shown by many Act 7 nodes.

Still stand by my point that it's impossible to nerf Quake and Ghost, even for the sake of getting rid of True Focus. They have just been in the game for too long. Don't know 'bout yer experience with both champs, but I have had much use of both champs over the last 4 years. For Quake, the 4-Star was essential for my Act 5 clearing, ROL Wolverine (yes I was an idiot and brought Quake instead of Guilly), and in recent times multiple Gauntlet fights as well.

As for Ghost, I pulled the 5-Star after getting Cav. She was used, excessively, throughout the rest of Act 6. In 6.2 the nodes there were so annoying that no other champion in my roster could handle those, except for Ghost. Basically essential for multiple paths and ****ty bosses like 6.3.6 Cap IW. I did not, and still, to this day, do not own a Wasp, so there was a big learning curve in getting all the special intercepts timing right when ye did not have unblockable to rely on. Thoroughly enjoyed that experience with learning the champ and Ghost is to this date probably my favourite champion in terms of playstyle.

Apologies for the dive into my account history, the point I'd like to make is that by nerfing these two champions, you are effectively stripping players from being able to use them like I did. There are people out there who haven't done all the content that you and I have used Ghost and Quake for. Heck, myself included, not even close to exploring Act 6. And what if I enjoy using Ghost? Am I not allowed to use whichever champion I enjoy?
    If you rewind 4 years you could switch Ghost and Quake for Scarlet witch, Thor and Dr Strange during 12.0 nerfs and the exact same was happening.

I don’t think many people today would argue that nerfing dr strange and scarlet witch was a bad thing for the game. Strange was nerfed too hard, yes, but having a very small group of champions that are so much more powerful than others is not a good thing. They needed to be nerfed to create content that was fun and enjoyable for everyone else.

When SW, DS and Thor etc were on top, content was made niche to counter them, and it got to the point that you needed them and only them to get through it. This time, Ghost and Quake are so powerful that Kabam have changed their tune, not making content so hard that you *need* ghost and quake, but making content that is easier, but clumsily ruling ghost and quake out of the content, and affecting many other champs too.

The issue is the same, but Kabam are handling it differently this time, and I think it’s worse.

-small group of OP champions that are walking through content
    -content is being changed to accommodate these OP champions, to the detriment of other champions (last time it was by making content so hard the others couldn’t complete it. This time it’s true focus affecting other champions)
    -last time Kabam solved the issue by nerfing champions because there was such a huge problem with them being so much more OP than other champions
    -this time, I fear it’s heading towards that too, I just wish Kabam would either get rid of true focus and figure out a different way to stop them, or hurry up and do it and stop making the game less enjoyable for other champs

Nerfs and balances are not inherently bad for the game long term, it just feels bad short term. And it does feel very bad. In the aftermath of 12.0 there was an awful lot of terrible feedback for Kabam on nerfing those champions, but over time the community has seen that balancing the game, and having a more level playing field in terms of which champions are the best, is so much better for having consistently good, enjoyable and balanced content.

And it's just baffling to me that people are even suggesting a nerf. Namor and Cull were released for 2 or 3 months before they were nerfed. Quake for FOUR YEARS. Ghost for THREE YEARS. Don't know bout y'all, but I remember Ghosting the #### out of all those bs 6.2 fights and Quaking the #### out of those bs Gauntlet fights. Their influence in the game is so massive that nerfing them would be stupid for anyone who hasn't fully completed all the content in the game that people have used Ghost and Quake for.

I agree that there should be some limits to Ghosting and Quaking every challenge without breaking a sweat, especially when the nodes are completely manageable with many other champions, but having True Focus everywhere straight up BANS the two and all the other champions who rely on Evade and Miss.

P.S. I have a r3 Ghost and barely used her while exploring 7.2 paths. Kabam, there are much better ways to encourage use of other champions, as shown by many Act 7 nodes.

Still stand by my point that it's impossible to nerf Quake and Ghost, even for the sake of getting rid of True Focus. They have just been in the game for too long. Don't know 'bout yer experience with both champs, but I have had much use of both champs over the last 4 years. For Quake, the 4-Star was essential for my Act 5 clearing, ROL Wolverine (yes I was an idiot and brought Quake instead of Guilly), and in recent times multiple Gauntlet fights as well.

As for Ghost, I pulled the 5-Star after getting Cav. She was used, excessively, throughout the rest of Act 6. In 6.2 the nodes there were so annoying that no other champion in my roster could handle those, except for Ghost. Basically essential for multiple paths and ****ty bosses like 6.3.6 Cap IW. I did not, and still, to this day, do not own a Wasp, so there was a big learning curve in getting all the special intercepts timing right when ye did not have unblockable to rely on. Thoroughly enjoyed that experience with learning the champ and Ghost is to this date probably my favourite champion in terms of playstyle.

Apologies for the dive into my account history, the point I'd like to make is that by nerfing these two champions, you are effectively stripping players from being able to use them like I did. There are people out there who haven't done all the content that you and I have used Ghost and Quake for. Heck, myself included, not even close to exploring Act 6. And what if I enjoy using Ghost? Am I not allowed to use whichever champion I enjoy?
    If you rewind 4 years you could switch Ghost and Quake for Scarlet witch, Thor and Dr Strange during 12.0 nerfs and the exact same was happening.

I don’t think many people today would argue that nerfing dr strange and scarlet witch was a bad thing for the game. Strange was nerfed too hard, yes, but having a very small group of champions that are so much more powerful than others is not a good thing. They needed to be nerfed to create content that was fun and enjoyable for everyone else.

When SW, DS and Thor etc were on top, content was made niche to counter them, and it got to the point that you needed them and only them to get through it. This time, Ghost and Quake are so powerful that Kabam have changed their tune, not making content so hard that you *need* ghost and quake, but making content that is easier, but clumsily ruling ghost and quake out of the content, and affecting many other champs too.

The issue is the same, but Kabam are handling it differently this time, and I think it’s worse.

-small group of OP champions that are walking through content
    -content is being changed to accommodate these OP champions, to the detriment of other champions (last time it was by making content so hard the others couldn’t complete it. This time it’s true focus affecting other champions)
    -last time Kabam solved the issue by nerfing champions because there was such a huge problem with them being so much more OP than other champions
    -this time, I fear it’s heading towards that too, I just wish Kabam would either get rid of true focus and figure out a different way to stop them, or hurry up and do it and stop making the game less enjoyable for other champs

Nerfs and balances are not inherently bad for the game long term, it just feels bad short term. And it does feel very bad. In the aftermath of 12.0 there was an awful lot of terrible feedback for Kabam on nerfing those champions, but over time the community has seen that balancing the game, and having a more level playing field in terms of which champions are the best, is so much better for having consistently good, enjoyable and balanced content.

With all due respect I don't think it's the same case here at all. Pre-12.0 those champs made the game boring. Those 3 were basically twenty times better than everyone else and nobody bothered to rank other champs when they could infinitely regen and stun lock with SW, or just kill off ROL champs with Thor in 20-something hits. Plus the game didn't have nearly as much diversity in content as nowadays. That is not nearly the case with Ghost or Quake. As much as I enjoy Ghost, I cannot possibly use her for everything. People believe that with Ghost or Quake you can just automatically steamroll through the content, no that is not the case and that's what the rest of my roster is for, and 80% of the champs I ranked get daily usage in content. Sure, those 2 are probably the strongest champs in the current meta, but not even close to pre-12.0 overpowered imo. Honestly I don't think nerfs are needed nor are they practical for any old champ in the current state of the game anymore.
    Some would say quake and ghost make the game boring (quake especially) since they just walk through content.

To be clear I’m not saying Kabam should hit the nerf button right now and with no other option. First option should without a doubt be figure out a way to stop quake and ghost without true focus. All I’m trying to say is that if, and a big if, ghost and quake were nerfed. It may suck short term, and it would really suck, but long term game may be improved