**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kitty Pryde has got it all

2»

Comments

• TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    I was half expecting this to be about her butt, but this isn't a Squirrel Girl thread I guess.

I'll pull for Kitty. She looks fun and all, but it's friggin' Kitty. Been hoping for her arrival since I started playing mcoc. Probably a good time for her to come in, with the animation team being on fire.
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    She can do much more damage than we initially thought, people in the CCP have been playing her wrong @RichTheMan
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,832 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

And she's incredibly suicide-friendly since she takes 80% less damage while phased. Recoil damage is basically negligible if you throw specials while phased. She actually heals up from the suicide poison over the course of a fight (given you play well) if you have willpower. She's capable of that while unawakened, so her regen over the course of a fight is even better when she actually takes 0 damage while phased. On top of that, she has really good damage, access to passive incinerates, access to a pretty lengthy passive unblockable, passive prowess, and access to risk-free intercepts.

She's really quite ridiculous.

Looks like she requires a tremendous amount of skill though
    Not really. The only part of her kit that requires skill is knowing when you can successfully phase an enemy's special attack to go past the prowess limit for your special. And that isn't even necessary to still get really good damage.
    Doesnt she lose all her prowess after throwing specials making it hard to keep them up unless you’re constantly intercepting?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

6. Her dash in when phased will teach you how to I get better at intercepting. Meaning, like Tigra and such, she’ll make you a better player overall. Vs DDHK and OG DD you may not be successful since they can bypass miss.

You’re gonna be especially successful against DDs since she can’t take damage while phased and you’ll get the phasing paused while being hit.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

6. Her dash in when phased will teach you how to I get better at intercepting. Meaning, like Tigra and such, she’ll make you a better player overall. Vs DDHK and OG DD you may not be successful since they can bypass miss.

You’re gonna be especially successful against DDs since she can’t take damage while phased and you’ll get the phasing paused while being hit.
    I wasn’t sure about that. Would they be able to just stop you with a hit and back off. Seems like a good Kitty-counter.

Kitty-counter. That just rolls off the tongue.

• Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★

I wasn’t sure about that. Would they be able to just stop you with a hit and back off. Seems like a good Kitty-counter.

https://youtu.be/ODT3Ys4fH9o

It’s possible yes, but mine is only a sig 20, so she can get even more power gain here and cycle specials way more easily

As you can see, when the opponent can’t miss its pretty incredible
    Yeah that just looks insane in matchups where the opponent can't miss. Basically you can get hit however many times you want and just keep spamming specials. Perhaps they could tune this down from 'pause phasing when struck' to 'pause for 0.2 seconds when struck', so that it can't have 100% uptime in these fights.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Against True Focus she is absolutely OP / insane. It makes you wonder if Kabam would come with a "correction" on her design any time soon. But given that they want to shift the meta away from Quake and Ghost, hopefully not.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

It’s possible yes, but mine is only a sig 20, so she can get even more power gain here and cycle specials way more easily

Yeah that just looks insane in matchups where the opponent can't miss. Basically you can get hit however many times you want and just keep spamming specials. Perhaps they could tune this down from 'pause phasing when struck' to 'pause for 0.2 seconds when struck', so that it can't have 100% uptime in these fights.
    Lol for someone against nerfs this sounds awfully close to a nerf
    It's alright, kitty hasn't been in the game for four years.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

I mean she's just released. And imo this node is pretty broken in war isn't it? Not calling for a nerf to her. Just saying that Kabam should really rethink True Focus.

I mean she's just released. And imo this node is pretty broken in war isn't it? Not calling for a nerf to her. Just saying that Kabam should really rethink True Focus.
    Yep, she has. But If she’s in the game and people have spent money on her, do you think they’ll think it’s fair just because she’s only been added?

Yep, she has. But If she’s in the game and people have spent money on her, do you think they’ll think it’s fair just because she’s only been added?
    See my second part. I'm not talking about Nerfing her even though vs True Focus, she's even more broken than Ghost can even thing of being.
    I'm talking about Kabam rethinking True Focus being overly used. Also, if nerfing her is wrong since people have spent on getting her, why is nerfing Ghost and Quake fine? Again, this isn't towards you since you're keeping it as a last ditch thing which I feel shouldn't come to it, but in general.

See my second part. I'm not talking about Nerfing her even though vs True Focus, she's even more broken than Ghost can even thing of being.
    I'm talking about Kabam rethinking True Focus being overly used. Also, if nerfing her is wrong since people have spent on getting her, why is nerfing Ghost and Quake fine? Again, this isn't towards you since you're keeping it as a last ditch thing which I feel shouldn't come to it, but in general.
    Ok, I see why you make that point. I don't think nerfing a champion should be decided against based off the money made off it, and I wasn't saying Kabam shouldn't nerf Kitty because they've made money off her, but I see why you think I did say that. If I could edit my comment now to make it clearer, I would.

The point of the comment you replied to was purely that there'd be a huge backlash. I was more pointing the hypocrisy that PlayerSlasher thinks this should be nerfed because it's Overpowered, but Quake and Ghost are fine.

If this was OP and I thought this was OP, and it was causing as many issues as true focus is, then maybe I'd say it's the lesser of two evils to nerf Kitty. But really, there's literally no reason to nerf Kitty, which is why I was pointing it out to PS.

Basically, to answer your question. I don't think nerfing Kitty is inherently wrong as a principle, just that it's absolutely not necessary right now. She's not as OP as ghost and quake are. And nerfing a champion, while made more annoying if people have spent, shouldn't dictate if a champion got nerfed. Also, yes nerfing ghost and quake would be bad, 100%.

I don't want to derail a thread only meant to showcase Kitty, so feel free to PM me about it if you like, or reply here and I'll PM you, but I don't want to take up anymore of a thread with this out of respect for Fin.

edited September 2021

If this was OP and I thought this was OP, and it was causing as many issues as true focus is, then maybe I'd say it's the lesser of two evils to nerf Kitty. But really, there's literally no reason to nerf Kitty, which is why I was pointing it out to PS.

I don't want to derail a thread only meant to showcase Kitty, so feel free to PM me about it if you like, or reply here and I'll PM you, but I don't want to take up anymore of a thread with this out of respect for Fin.

Yeah don't want to derail this either.
    Anyways, I feel that Kitty is definitely a top tier champ with or without True Focus and it has been shown. I do feel she's broken with True Focus if duped, but even without she's a solid champ who has defensive uses as well.

Doesn't need to be nerfed, unless Kabam start spamming True Focus everywhere and even then I'd say that True Focus should be reduced because without that, the champs that avoid Miss in general aren't too many to consider the ability alone to be as broken as it could be.

Anyways, I feel that Kitty is definitely a top tier champ with or without True Focus and it has been shown. I do feel she's broken with True Focus if duped, but even without she's a solid champ who has defensive uses as well.

Doesn't need to be nerfed, unless Kabam start spamming True Focus everywhere and even then I'd say that True Focus should be reduced because without that, the champs that avoid Miss in general aren't too many to consider the ability alone to be as broken as it could be.
    Maybe she is a bit broken, I think it remains to be seen the impact it has. My view on it in a few months may be very different! But seriously, if True focus is spammed like you say, I would absolutely hate it. My poor Mr Negative, Elsa and Prof X!

Kitty is a ton of fun so far though, I've been messing around with my R4 5*, nearly soloed all the fights in a path of the Shang Chi challenge! She is crazy good, even without true focus being there.
    edited September 2021

Maybe she is a bit broken, I think it remains to be seen the impact it has. My view on it in a few months may be very different! But seriously, if True focus is spammed like you say, I would absolutely hate it. My poor Mr Negative, Elsa and Prof X!

Kitty is a ton of fun so far though, I've been messing around with my R4 5*, nearly soloed all the fights in a path of the Shang Chi challenge! She is crazy good, even without true focus being there.
    Only thing I don't like is on defense, there isn't a way to counter her as such (without playing her as stun immune and using a champ that doesn't crit) other than baiting heavy or specials. Since the usual Miss counters don't do anything to her. Unless I'm mistaken somewhere.
    Just a lot of block damage.

Only thing I don't like is on defense, there isn't a way to counter her as such (without playing her as stun immune and using a champ that doesn't crit) other than baiting heavy or specials. Since the usual Miss counters don't do anything to her. Unless I'm mistaken somewhere.
    I'm not sure if you saw it/remember, but there was someone who said Doom should be buffed and given a miss counter. I wish we'd listened to him now. Can you imagine how well he'd shut her insane power gain down?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

There's the specific vulnerability she has to Cowardice debuff.

And who has access to that debuff? The other new champ, Nimrod. Coincidence...?

Also, there's an older champ who might be pretty darned effective with one of his Synergies:

Let Kitty stack up the Prowess, knock her down, and completely ruin her with one SP2...

There's the specific vulnerability she has to Cowardice debuff.

And who has access to that debuff? The other new champ, Nimrod. Coincidence...?

Also, there's an older champ who might be pretty darned effective with one of his Synergies:

Let Kitty stack up the Prowess, knock her down, and completely ruin her with one SP2...
    War machine also removes prowess per suppression on his Sp1, so that's cool!