**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prof Hoff's interview with Kabam Brocolli

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

huge bummer that he would do it with hoff instead of someone who actually brings something positive to the community like a brian grant (or honestly, almost ANYONE else)

I would argue that this interview is something positive that prof brought to the community. Prof is a journalist or teaches it I think. At least he's brought it up a lot. And I thought this interview was well done. Time was managed, questions were asked and all within an hour. I'm not sure that other content creators would've/did reach out to him and want to interview him, not sure if they had the time. And perhaps they wouldn't have the know how to do so. I would rather be happy that we got to hear from a kabam employee in a positive way then be disappointed with the interviewer.
    I won’t click on his channel so I won’t see it. The interview may be solid, but this is a guy that brings so much negativity and damages the community so much that it’s just very sad that KB would choose him
    sounds like a you issue to me.. "prof hoff makes revenue off other people's videos" would be fair, but bringing "so much" negativity, eh..? not exactly.. he's not well aware of things for sure, but doesnt look/sound evil with his intentions..
    well when you've put out videos that are at best dishonest and at worst deliberately lying and you do it over and over and over again, i consider it to be intentional
    This is going to sound harsh, but he’s not malicious just stupid.
    It’s not like he’s thinking “Ooh, this isn’t true but I’m going to post it anyways because I want to trick people into hating Kabam”. He genuinely thinks that he’s doing the right thing. Now, he’s almost always wrong, but he’s not doing to be malicious
    If he spending more time one videos and do research what he make a video of but the problem is he doesn’t he just uploaded it just to get it out ASAP with made things bad my opinion but this video here isn’t bad at all
  • ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 288 ★★★

Sad to see you go Kabam Broccoli hope to see whatever you do next!

Also

Les go!

#ElsaFTW

@ThēMandalorian one question for Kabam Broccoli I wanna ask is “What is one thing you’ve learned from your career in game design that could be given as advice to anyone looking to go into a similar line of work”

I wanna major in computer science (specifically game design) and it’s so cool to hear Broccoli talk about what he thinks about when brainstorming a champion.
    Rillian said:

It was a really good interview. He touches on champ design, pre release nerfing and true focus.

KT1 And Myself have had an interview scheduled with Kabam Broccoli for the past couple days, but we do our Podcast (KTea Time) on Sundays Live at 1:30pm CST on YouTube. So big congratulations to Prof Hoff getting his out there so quick.

If there's anything specific you want us to ask that hasn't already been answered, let me know.

Prof forgot to ask anything about the GM, something on the design process of that fight? Maybe… Was the 626 champion designed to be training for that fight or were they designed in isolation? And also my bugbear which you can find in my most recent thread, what is the deal with the GMs SoP sp1. Is it all collective madness or… what?
    @SkyLord7000 & @Rillian I will absolutely ask about those two questions. Thanks for sharing some. I'm going to be doing research between Prof's video and anything else between now and Sunday to assure I get the most information for the community of MCOC as well as make it known we appreciate the heck out of his contributions and wish him well in the future.

Thanks everyone! Any more just DM me or hit me up on Line ID

elmandalorian
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

huge bummer that he would do it with hoff instead of someone who actually brings something positive to the community like a brian grant (or honestly, almost ANYONE else)

I would argue that this interview is something positive that prof brought to the community. Prof is a journalist or teaches it I think. At least he's brought it up a lot. And I thought this interview was well done. Time was managed, questions were asked and all within an hour. I'm not sure that other content creators would've/did reach out to him and want to interview him, not sure if they had the time. And perhaps they wouldn't have the know how to do so. I would rather be happy that we got to hear from a kabam employee in a positive way then be disappointed with the interviewer.
    I won’t click on his channel so I won’t see it. The interview may be solid, but this is a guy that brings so much negativity and damages the community so much that it’s just very sad that KB would choose him
    sounds like a you issue to me.. "prof hoff makes revenue off other people's videos" would be fair, but bringing "so much" negativity, eh..? not exactly.. he's not well aware of things for sure, but doesnt look/sound evil with his intentions..
    well when you've put out videos that are at best dishonest and at worst deliberately lying and you do it over and over and over again, i consider it to be intentional
    It’s not like he’s thinking “Ooh, this isn’t true but I’m going to post it anyways because I want to trick people into hating Kabam”. He genuinely thinks that he’s doing the right thing. Now, he’s almost always wrong, but he’s not doing to be malicious
    At what point is it malicious though? 5 vids? 10? 20? 100? it’s not like he’s only down it once or twice or ten times.
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★

No other youtuber except prof hoff reached him for the interview.......
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    This was a good interview
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Guess @Eb0ny-O-M4w wasnt hyping maw for just jokes after all
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    DNA3000 said:

DawsMan said:

Prof Hoff should get kudos for putting in the effort to secure and conduct the interview. However, I suspect that the content creators that are part of the Content Creator Program did not attempt something similar for the simple reason that Brocolli was active in the CCP program, so they had the opportunity for direct interactions with him. That might have made it seem like an odd thing to request when you're in that situation already.
    This is the first spelling mistake I've ever seen in a DNA3000 post. Maybe he isn't the Vision after all 🤔 or maybe the Vision is capable of making spelling mistakes ???

Edit: On a serious note, I agree with this. Kudos to Prof for giving this to the community. It's about Broccoli too not Prof so there really isn't any reason to throw him shade.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Can't wait to watch the interview. Wish I could mute only profs voice though. I have watched some videos after hearing about him in the forums, and the first thing that annoyed me was the voice and the speed at which he talks. That won't make me miss the interview though. Got to take the good with the bad. 😂
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Gamer said:

DawsMan said:

If he spending more time one videos and do research what he make a video of but the problem is he doesn’t he just uploaded it just to get it out ASAP with made things bad my opinion but this video here isn’t bad at all
    Exactly my thoughts. If he spent at least an hour researching before he posted, about 80% of his videos would never make it past the idea stage.
    90% of the videos are crystal openings though
    Yeah but even in openings, he says very questionable stuff about champions.
    Just the other day he was commentating an opening where someone pulled a Jabari Panther.

It goes like this:
    "I, I really don't know if she's good. Like, I don't know anyone that uses her. I think I have her *eye twitch* and don't use her. If you took her out of the game, it might be years before I noticed. I probably would never notice *shrugs*."

Jabari Panther is a great champion 😭 I don't care if anybody uses her, that's not the defining measure of a champion's potential in the game.

See, I really like Prof Hoff the person, but he needs to realize that saying stuff like this to his followers is going to cause an effect. He creates a lot of Prof Minions who come back here and regurgitate what they've heard over the forum. And this forum is filled with really, really experienced players who aren't going to receive these opinions well.

I am not going to tell Prof how to do what he does. Again, I like Prof the person, but if he continues posting and spreading information without doing his due diligence, you can expect him to continue receiving this sort of reaction from the vets.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Rookiie said:

Gamer said:

DawsMan said:

Exactly my thoughts. If he spent at least an hour researching before he posted, about 80% of his videos would never make it past the idea stage.
    90% of the videos are crystal openings though
    Yeah but even in openings, he says very questionable stuff about champions.
    Just the other day he was commentating an opening where someone pulled a Jabari Panther.

It goes like this:
    "I, I really don't know if she's good. Like, I don't know anyone that uses her. I think I have her *eye twitch* and don't use her. If you took her out of the game, it might be years before I noticed. I probably would never notice *shrugs*."

Jabari Panther is a great champion 😭 I don't care if anybody uses her, that's not the defining measure of a champion's potential in the game.

See, I really like Prof Hoff the person, but he needs to realize that saying stuff like this to his followers is going to cause an effect. He creates a lot of Prof Minions who come back here and regurgitate what they've heard over the forum. And this forum is filled with really, really experienced players who aren't going to receive these opinions well.

I am not going to tell Prof how to do what he does. Again, I like Prof the person, but if he continues posting and spreading information without doing his due diligence, you can expect him to continue receiving this sort of reaction from the vets.
    I don;t know man, jabari is a nonexistent champ

but i agree, too many people here coming in with data and algorithm nonsense
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

DawsMan said:

What exactly does he do that damages anyone? Just because you don’t agree with what he says makes him bad?
    Spreading conspiracy theories is damaging to the community as mentioned already.

I’m still debating myself as to whether I should bite the bullet and watch this 1 and only video of his.
    I made sure to skip over the parts when Prof Hoff speaks when making the timestamps so if he starts talking you can move to the next timestamp and not miss much.
This discussion has been closed.