**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Prof Hoff's interview with Kabam Brocolli

13»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Gamer said:

DawsMan said:

huge bummer that he would do it with hoff instead of someone who actually brings something positive to the community like a brian grant (or honestly, almost ANYONE else)

I would argue that this interview is something positive that prof brought to the community. Prof is a journalist or teaches it I think. At least he's brought it up a lot. And I thought this interview was well done. Time was managed, questions were asked and all within an hour. I'm not sure that other content creators would've/did reach out to him and want to interview him, not sure if they had the time. And perhaps they wouldn't have the know how to do so. I would rather be happy that we got to hear from a kabam employee in a positive way then be disappointed with the interviewer.
    I won’t click on his channel so I won’t see it. The interview may be solid, but this is a guy that brings so much negativity and damages the community so much that it’s just very sad that KB would choose him
    sounds like a you issue to me.. "prof hoff makes revenue off other people's videos" would be fair, but bringing "so much" negativity, eh..? not exactly.. he's not well aware of things for sure, but doesnt look/sound evil with his intentions..
    well when you've put out videos that are at best dishonest and at worst deliberately lying and you do it over and over and over again, i consider it to be intentional
    This is going to sound harsh, but he’s not malicious just stupid.
    It’s not like he’s thinking “Ooh, this isn’t true but I’m going to post it anyways because I want to trick people into hating Kabam”. He genuinely thinks that he’s doing the right thing. Now, he’s almost always wrong, but he’s not doing to be malicious
    If he spending more time one videos and do research what he make a video of but the problem is he doesn’t he just uploaded it just to get it out ASAP with made things bad my opinion but this video here isn’t bad at all
    Exactly my thoughts. If he spent at least an hour researching before he posted, about 80% of his videos would never make it past the idea stage.
    90% of the videos are crystal openings though
    Yeah but even in openings, he says very questionable stuff about champions.
    Just the other day he was commentating an opening where someone pulled a Jabari Panther.

It goes like this:
    "I, I really don't know if she's good. Like, I don't know anyone that uses her. I think I have her *eye twitch* and don't use her. If you took her out of the game, it might be years before I noticed. I probably would never notice *shrugs*."

Jabari Panther is a great champion 😭 I don't care if anybody uses her, that's not the defining measure of a champion's potential in the game.

See, I really like Prof Hoff the person, but he needs to realize that saying stuff like this to his followers is going to cause an effect. He creates a lot of Prof Minions who come back here and regurgitate what they've heard over the forum. And this forum is filled with really, really experienced players who aren't going to receive these opinions well.

I am not going to tell Prof how to do what he does. Again, I like Prof the person, but if he continues posting and spreading information without doing his due diligence, you can expect him to continue receiving this sort of reaction from the vets.

@Rookiie I'm with you.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    In other news, KB said the last character he has designed has been guessed right on twitter although it's "convoluted" and only a "skewed reference". So I stalked his twitter like a weirdo and found this:

Who do you think he's referring to? My first guess was Superior Spider-Man and he does kind of fit in the puzzle we got a few months ago. Right here

We've just had Spider-Man 2099. Would they add another Spider-Man so soon? And what of the Eternals movie?
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    @Rockypantherx Your thoughts on the above?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★

@Rookiie I'm with you.

Epiccccc! @Demonzfyre I've only pulled her a couple of days ago as a 6-star, my only rarity. Any tips or tricks you could pass on?
    Rookiie said:

@Rookiie I'm with you.

Epiccccc! @Demonzfyre I've only pulled her a couple of days ago as a 6-star, my only rarity. Any tips or tricks you could pass on?
    Build to SP3 but make sure defender is low power.

Toss Sp3 and then hit defender while they're stunned and build up bleeds.

Toss a heavy before stun expires to double the bleeds.

Rinse and repeat.
  • THEComic23THEComic23 Posts: 50
    Boy, this thread went down an interesting road. Obviously, everyone has their opinion and they are entitled to it.

Personally I disagree with the notion that he constantly lies and is this terribly negative person. I actually like watching his gut reactions to all of the different offers that Kabam puts out practically every day. He takes a very pragmatic view and works to be as historically informative as he can be. Some days he rips Kabam for being greedy, some days he compliments them for whatever they did Sure, he makes mistakes (so does everyone else...welcome to the world of youtube) but I like his perspective. Its nice to have a counter view to Rich or any of the other youtubers I watch on occasion.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

He takes a very pragmatic view and works to be as historically informative as he can be.

No. No he doesn't. This is just one example, but it's still recent and still remains on his channel-
    https://youtu.be/D4hzYHKHuos
    they were talking about hoffs videos on unit based and cash offers

He takes a very pragmatic view and works to be as historically informative as he can be.

No. No he doesn't. This is just one example, but it's still recent and still remains on his channel-
    https://youtu.be/D4hzYHKHuos
    they were talking about hoffs videos on unit based and cash offers
    I saw that part but took that sentence as implying that Hoff tries to be historically informative in all videos, not just the cash offer ones.
This discussion has been closed.