**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Time for a CQC Challenge with Shang-Chi!

12346»

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Carmel1 said:

A game should be fun but I don't find it enjoyable when not only there are 2-3 champs that can beat it but also the play style of hitting only through block.
    It was also boring to watch YouTubers so I can't even imagine how it feel to actually run it.
    When you see top YouTubers burn items and frustrated during the quest, you know this one is not for you...
    It should have been a local node on one defender at most, but not as global node. (both for close encounters and invade)

And if someone say it was a fun quest, I don't believe him... maybe he's confuse about having fun playing it or happy it finally over.

2-3 champs that can beat it? Nonsense.
    What other champions to use for this besides Corvus and Aegon? Maybe Hercules and Immortal Hulk who non crystal buyers like myself don't have access to.
    Nick fury, Gambit as a horseman, sunspot, Apoc, sorcerer supreme are all champs I’ve seen work.

Shang chi, I-Abom, king groot, Hyperion, dragon man, magik, Morningstar are all champs I could imagine having some success there due to abilities.

The thing is, any champ can do this, there are just a couple that are clearly great at critting through block. I found Nick clearing fights quicker than Aegon sometimes, it’s just how you use them.

Last thing, how is I-Hulk only for Crystal buyers lol, he’s been in the basic for months
    Yeah you still have to get really lucky to have Ihulk. I don't have him as a 5 or 6 star.

Nick Fury did good with the Massacre Abyss fight but I don't buy your other counters. Thanks for responding though. I finished it with a r5 corvus. 20 free revives used so not too bad.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Carmel1 said:

A game should be fun but I don't find it enjoyable when not only there are 2-3 champs that can beat it but also the play style of hitting only through block.
    It was also boring to watch YouTubers so I can't even imagine how it feel to actually run it.
    When you see top YouTubers burn items and frustrated during the quest, you know this one is not for you...
    It should have been a local node on one defender at most, but not as global node. (both for close encounters and invade)

And if someone say it was a fun quest, I don't believe him... maybe he's confuse about having fun playing it or happy it finally over.

What other champions to use for this besides Corvus and Aegon? Maybe Hercules and Immortal Hulk who non crystal buyers like myself don't have access to.
    Nick fury, Gambit as a horseman, sunspot, Apoc, sorcerer supreme are all champs I’ve seen work.

Shang chi, I-Abom, king groot, Hyperion, dragon man, magik, Morningstar are all champs I could imagine having some success there due to abilities.

The thing is, any champ can do this, there are just a couple that are clearly great at critting through block. I found Nick clearing fights quicker than Aegon sometimes, it’s just how you use them.

Last thing, how is I-Hulk only for Crystal buyers lol, he’s been in the basic for months
    Yeah you still have to get really lucky to have Ihulk. I don't have him as a 5 or 6 star.

Nick Fury did good with the Massacre Abyss fight but I don't buy your other counters. Thanks for responding though. I finished it with a r5 corvus. 20 free revives used so not too bad.
    Why is everyone so set on having to hit the opponents through blocks?

You realise you still do full damage on normal hits? And you can do damage that is not just on hits, like Nick fury’s bleeds. What does more damage, a Nick fury MLLL combo into block, or a normal Nick fury MLLLL combo not into block?

Hint: the one with the huge bleed.

I used gambit on my main account. Didn’t hit the opponents block once, just played normally.
  • RicitonRiciton Posts: 106
    I don't have Ægon or corvus, any other suggestions to get through chapter 2 because all anyone has to say is how these 2 champs can do it. It isn't fair to make a quest which only 2 champs can compete in. True focus was needed in this game, people should stop complaining about it. Close encounters combined with invade is what has destroyed this quest for me. It isn't enjoyable at all when I can't bait specials or block attacks, I just find it stupid.
    Riciton said:

I It isn't fair to make a quest which only 2 champs can compete in. True focus was needed in this game, people should stop complaining about it.

True focus is part of the reason you can’t use a host of other champions here lol. You’re complaining saying you can only use 2 champions, while congratulating Kabam on reducing the pool even further.

And you’re actually wrong by saying only 2 champs can compete. 2 champions are better than others in terms of hitting through blocks, but many other champions can still do it, and can do it economically with revives.

But you don’t have to hit their block, and often, you can find champions who are going to do more damage by hitting them normally then their block.

Riciton said:

I It isn't fair to make a quest which only 2 champs can compete in. True focus was needed in this game, people should stop complaining about it.

True focus is part of the reason you can’t use a host of other champions here lol. You’re complaining saying you can only use 2 champions, while congratulating Kabam on reducing the pool even further.

And you’re actually wrong by saying only 2 champs can compete. 2 champions are better than others in terms of hitting through blocks, but many other champions can still do it, and can do it economically with revives.

But you don’t have to hit their block, and often, you can find champions who are going to do more damage by hitting them normally then their block.
    I'm not saying only 2 champs can do it, I'm saying that only 2 champs are being suggested and I'm trying to get some other options. The ability to evade or miss isn't causing my problem, it's the constant degen that is killing me. You lose health if you block, you lose health if you activate a special, you lose health if you're too far away. Even the 2 recommended champs need a ton of revives to back them up. It feels like a challenge for throne breaker who have no content to use their items.
    Riciton said:

Riciton said:

I'm not saying only 2 champs can do it, I'm saying that only 2 champs are being suggested and I'm trying to get some other options. The ability to evade or miss isn't causing my problem, it's the constant degen that is killing me. You lose health if you block, you lose health if you activate a special, you lose health if you're too far away. Even the 2 recommended champs need a ton of revives to back them up. It feels like a challenge for throne breaker who have no content to use their items.
    You said “it isn’t fair to make a quest that only two champions can compete in”. And they haven’t.

In terms of other options, Killmonger, Nick fury, Gambit as a horseman, sunspot, Apoc, sorcerer supreme are all champs I’ve seen work.

How many items do you think count as “a ton of items”? How many items would you put into this event before you thought, ugh this is too much?

Riciton said:

Riciton said:

You said “it isn’t fair to make a quest that only two champions can compete in”. And they haven’t.

In terms of other options, Killmonger, Nick fury, Gambit as a horseman, sunspot, Apoc, sorcerer supreme are all champs I’ve seen work.

How many items do you think count as “a ton of items”? How many items would you put into this event before you thought, ugh this is too much?
    I miss wrote a bit sorry, I meant to say it wouldn't be fair to make a quest that only 2 champs can do. I don't want to use more than 15 revives because I only want the T5 basic catalyst reward to help me progress in story content.
    Riciton said:

Riciton said:

Riciton said:

I miss wrote a bit sorry, I meant to say it wouldn't be fair to make a quest that only 2 champs can do. I don't want to use more than 15 revives because I only want the T5 basic catalyst reward to help me progress in story content.
    But that means the same thing, surely? This isn’t a quest that only two champions can do. I agree it would be unfair if it was, but it very clearly isn’t.

I think what you mean is you’re annoyed that Corvus and Aegon are seemingly so much better than others because they can crit through block. But other champions can do similar, if not more damage than them in some of the fights.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Carmel1 said:

As I mentioned above or in some other thread, I did it with Elsa Tigra Gulk NF KM on my main, and Elsa BWCV Gulk NF Aarkus on my alt.

Riciton said:

Riciton said:

Riciton said:

But that means the same thing, surely? This isn’t a quest that only two champions can do. I agree it would be unfair if it was, but it very clearly isn’t.

I think what you mean is you’re annoyed that Corvus and Aegon are seemingly so much better than others because they can crit through block. But other champions can do similar, if not more damage than them in some of the fights.
    Let me start over, sorry I didn't put my first message very clear. I came to the forums to seek advice for this quest because I'm struggling and the first few pages is either saying to use corvus/Ægon or people are just complaining about the true focus node. I personally don't have an issue with the true focus, however I do see how it is upsetting some people. My complaint is the amount of degen in each fight, it just seems impossible. The horseman gambit is sound advice, thank you very much I will try it out. :)
  • LessardLessard Posts: 7
    edited September 2021
    A bunch of lags, some dumb nodes, and don't get me started on rewards. What a super garbage quest. Well done once more Kabam.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,171 ★★★★★
    Completed. Mostly used Corvus but found Herc good as well b/c of his sig ability. No units, but had farmed a ton of revives.

Boring crystal pulls, but used T5cc to take Diablo to rank 3. Boom.

Quest would have felt easier if dex was working properly. Quite a few times my inputs were ignored. But no worries, it is done. Whew!
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    Completed today. Used Aegon almost exclusively. Still a trash quest/event. Nodes made it stupid with the bugs in the game. Apparently I had a new one today where Aegon would randomly start charging his heavy. I could put the phone down and he would continue to just stand there charging for the heavy and never throw it. That cost me at least 5 revives. Got garbage from rewards too. But it’s done and I used just my built up stash.
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Extremely challenging content to release while the game is broken. Not well designed node structure either. Fail. Plz improve
  • Mr_KrismMr_Krism Posts: 8

As a master of the Martial Arts, Shang-Chi has taken notice of your skills, Summoner. He’s determined that the best course of action would be to test you against his team of skilled close quarters combatants!

Summoners who remember our recent Champion Challenges will be familiar with the format of this event. But if you’re new, buckle up. These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs. They consist of 2 chapters.

The first will have 4 Quests, each containing 6 paths of 5 fights each connected by portals, allowing you to hop to the boss at the end of any path. The second only contains 1 quest, but it’s a harrowing gauntlet battle where you must face all of the fights in a row with no chance to tap out. While 30 fights back-to-back would be quite a challenge, everyone knows that training is less about quantity, and more about quality, which is why the final fight will instead have 15 fights on the paths, but with higher stats!

Who’s on Shang-Chi’s team?

He’s assembled a team of fighters who excel at hand-to-hand combat, with the occasional weapon thrown into the mix. We’ve got She-Hulk, Sunspot, Hit-Monkey, Mister Negative, Tigra, and of course, the master himself, Shang-Chi as the final boss on each map. And don’t think that you’ll be able to just stay far away from them, Shang-Chi chose a place that will ensure you’re staying in their face as much as they are in yours.

What are the rewards?

You get some stuff for quest completion, but let’s talk about the juicy rewards you came here to read about.

For Completing Chapter 1, you will earn:
    4x T4CC Crystal
    4x T4 Basic Catalyst
    6x T1A Catalyst
    20x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals

For Exploration of Chapter 1, you will earn:
    1x 5-Star Hero Crystal
    2x T2A Catalyst
    22,500x T5 Basic Shards

For Act Completion (Chapter 1 and 2), you will earn:
    1x 5-Star Nexus Crystal
    1x T5B Catalyst
    3x T2A Catalysts
    1,000,000x Gold

For Act Exploration (Chapter 1 and 2), you will earn:
    15,000x 6-Star Crystal Shards
    1x 10% T5CC Fragment Crystal
    1x 10% T5CC Selector

When does this start?

NOW! Shang-Chi’s Close Quarters Challenge started at 10 am PDT on September 1st, and will conclude on October 6th at 10 am PDT! Go now!

How to get the completion rewards without full exploration? Doesn't make sense to separate completion and exploration rewards if both are achievable upon exploration.

• need to give more rewards kabam is simping on rewards
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Chrisco66 said:

Extremely challenging content to release while the game is broken. Not well designed node structure either. Fail. Plz improve

I agreed that this quest is challenging given dex/evade bugs (I guess no one will parry in this quest), bugs become obvious when fighting Tigra and evade her SP1. Nonetheless I have no issue with their nodes design and I think it is pretty tough but acceptable. Global node is the most annoying one.

The key of this quest is spacing + intercept, advancing both can save you a lot of revives. After Aegon ramp up over 600 it’s even more funny when hitting block.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    Just did this yesterday to get catalysts to r4 someone. Was surprisingly easier than it looked. Team was Corvus (did every fight), Proxima and White mags (for hit monkey), Guardian + sabretooth (for 3 perfect blocks each fight).,
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★

The nodes in chapter 2 with the health pools and attacks are complete garbage. Then they add true focus so the only champs that could really do it clean are useless. Wow Kabam really knows how to chase people away from their game. Good riddance 💯

Which is why I have chosen to just play this game occasionally for fun. I left my alliance and will probably just do monthly quests. All the extra content with ridiculous road blocks is not fun and not worth the time.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    You need to make T4cc selectors more available. Sell them fully formed ones in glory store and in daily catalyst quest. @Kabam Zibiit
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★

As a master of the Martial Arts, Shang-Chi has taken notice of your skills, Summoner. He’s determined that the best course of action would be to test you against his team of skilled close quarters combatants!

Summoners who remember our recent Champion Challenges will be familiar with the format of this event. But if you’re new, buckle up. These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs. They consist of 2 chapters.

The first will have 4 Quests, each containing 6 paths of 5 fights each connected by portals, allowing you to hop to the boss at the end of any path. The second only contains 1 quest, but it’s a harrowing gauntlet battle where you must face all of the fights in a row with no chance to tap out. While 30 fights back-to-back would be quite a challenge, everyone knows that training is less about quantity, and more about quality, which is why the final fight will instead have 15 fights on the paths, but with higher stats!

Who’s on Shang-Chi’s team?

He’s assembled a team of fighters who excel at hand-to-hand combat, with the occasional weapon thrown into the mix. We’ve got She-Hulk, Sunspot, Hit-Monkey, Mister Negative, Tigra, and of course, the master himself, Shang-Chi as the final boss on each map. And don’t think that you’ll be able to just stay far away from them, Shang-Chi chose a place that will ensure you’re staying in their face as much as they are in yours.

What are the rewards?

You get some stuff for quest completion, but let’s talk about the juicy rewards you came here to read about.

For Completing Chapter 1, you will earn:
    4x T4CC Crystal
    4x T4 Basic Catalyst
    6x T1A Catalyst

For Exploration of Chapter 1, you will earn:
    1x 5-Star Hero Crystal
    2x T2A Catalyst
    22,500x T5 Basic Shards

For Act Completion (Chapter 1 and 2), you will earn:
    1x 5-Star Nexus Crystal
    1x T5B Catalyst
    3x T2A Catalysts
    1,000,000x Gold

For Act Exploration (Chapter 1 and 2), you will earn:
    15,000x 6-Star Crystal Shards
    1x 10% T5CC Fragment Crystal
    1x 10% T5CC Selector

When does this start?

NOW! Shang-Chi’s Close Quarters Challenge started at 10 am PDT on September 1st, and will conclude on October 6th at 10 am PDT! Go now!

You need to make T4cc selectors more available. Sell them fully formed ones in glory store and in daily catalyst quest. It doesn't make any sense that you can earn T2A, T5B, T5cc but still struggle to form a 4 star resource in late 2021
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,829 ★★★★★
    If you don’t have a duped corvus, the rewards just simply aren’t worth the items/effort