**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Community Pulse Check - Week 2 September Objectives

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
Just want to hear how everybody's going on the objectives for week 2 so far. Given how tedious they are, I thought it might be nice to give Kabam a better idea of how much effort is a good amount for a weekly objective...

As an arena grinder, I've already completed the 4- through 6-star objectives and am part way through the 3-star one (note the lower star level objectives require less fights for completion; the 3-star one only requires 50 fights completed with specials for example). And I plan to just casually complete the 3-star ones as I explore the Normal and Heroic EQs (I just bring in high Pl champs and then explore without autofight, just let them beat me up until I have sp3 and throw it when I look next)

But I would love to hear how everybody else is going along with them... have you sorta just given up cause they're so tedious? Are you only really focusing on one objective so you can push through to the October events with as little effort as possible? Are you grinding arena where you might usually not? Did you already complete them like two days ago because you don't have anything better to do?

Honestly I think I would have liked this more as some sort of 'hey knock this rarity of champ down X times' (100 knockdowns in a week almost seems decent; I'd get that in like two act 7 paths with kingpin lmao)... But yeah I'm very happy Kabam's gonna look at the requirements for the next 3 weeks of objectives, even if it is after the backlash from this week's...

Comments

• MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Finished through EQ and arena. Tedious and took away ability to auto fight EQ on the lower levels.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    Heard someone checking pulse n vibe

• xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,122 ★★★★
    Finished the cav objectives by just playing normal in CEQ and UC 100% and a bit of arena. I'm not there yet for the uncollected objective but I don't really care anyway. Just one is enough to unlock the next one
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Used Ghost with Odin pre-fights, wasp, and ant-man - Ghost power gain while phased, unblockable specials, and a lot of extra damage via Odin and Ant-Man. Explored uncollected EQ. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be to get the 100 KOs with special attacks. I'm not going to waste my time completing below the Cav level objective.

I still think these objectives are garbage.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Objectives? Think I'm done with 6* due to EQ and Arena.

Having to end on a special is why I don't enjoy playing g2099. There's also the consideration of using champs that don't do secondary damage on their specials. I think. Never verified that, but it's how things usually work.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    First two events I’ve genuinely haven’t cared about but in a while. Summer ended for me so it’s harder to play the game too.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I really want to know what comes after these objectives, but

- I haven't completed the "defeat 4* champs" objective
    - I haven't completed the "win with or against 3* Kitty Pryde etc." objective
    - I just don't want to
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    No o/s objectives, the SP finish objectives are so boring even though it doesn’t matter for most arena grinders. I have already 100% Cav/UC/Master EQ + Shangchi + Upupdowndiwn SQ before those objectives and thus I can only count on arena. I hope the next objectives are not “100 fights with light/medium/heavy attack as last hit”. Please don’t.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Cav EQ completed.
    working on Uncollected still.
    the 6* objectives: got the last batch of 30 working on .. O.o
    got the rest via the EQ .. wish the objectives had been there from the beginning .. *sigh*

Also, the finish with special is the pain point ... even if you do remember to aim for it .. your special either does too little dmg, or a DoT tick takes the kill mid special .. *sigh*

They should really fix it, so that as long as you're in the special animation, you get credit for a special kill ..

really kinda sour grapes otherwise.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I'm working on the last milestone of the second round of both Cav and UC difficulty. The others are still on round one because I can't be bothered.

I agree with @ItsDamien. It's really easy to knock out Cav and UC EQ without doing any progress toward the first week's objectives. When you have, and without any side content this month, it can be really annoying to complete the second week's objectives since you don't have many 6* opponents left. I haven't had any real problems since I completed the first week's Cav objectives almost by accident by bringing my 6* Bishop with me when ran the first quest in the Shang-Chi challenge, and I'm an arena grinder so I've almost completed the second week's objectives that way, but I still find it really tedious for extremely disappointing rewards.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    I’m having that it at all so tedious is there’s
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Haven't started yet.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Haven’t even finished week 1 cav yet... don’t have any of the 3 6*s required and despite running featured arena until all milestones were done over this weekend, I didn’t come across any of the 3 required either, so that was nice.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

Haven’t even finished week 1 cav yet... don’t have any of the 3 6*s required and despite running featured arena until all milestones were done over this weekend, I didn’t come across any of the 3 required either, so that was nice.

Cav EQ 2.1: 4 energy get you to 6* iceman. Besides, bishop and kitty are all in this quest.
    Upupdowndown last quest: 6* iceman
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I’m not doing it. I play games to have fun not to be bored out of my mind
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Half of them suck, I'm just completing whatever come while doing the content i care for.
    I really don't go out of my way to get them all.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited September 2021

This is with a small amount of effort. Did some arena tonight to try to get some more done for UC. Will probably do arena for the 3 and 4 stars monday and tuesday.
  • AlbinoDarkElfAlbinoDarkElf Posts: 111
    I refuse to do them