**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

An Awakening gem, the Sentry and Epoch shards walk into a thread

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
Dear forums,

Unfortunately this is not a joke. Just a discussion on three points.

1) Awakening gems. Has it crossed anybody else's mind that it might be nice to have a QoL change that allows us to filter for Awakened and Unawakened champions? Might be easier when you have a generic gem and you're not sure who to use it on. Also, I'm curious to know your thoughts on the release of 6-star awakening gems. Too little or just right? ⭐

2) Next month's buffs. I have a feeling Kabam will drop a teaser later on today or tomorrow, ahead of the updated Champion spotlights for next month's buffed champions. I am excited, and for some reason I am actually starting to believe that Sentry is going to get an update along with next month's overhaul. You've sold me @The_Sentry06. 🧪

3) New champion acquisition. I think there are a number of things Kabam can do here to ensure that new champion acquisition is not as dry as the Sahara. Epoch shards at the end of the year are hugely popular. Why not consider incorporating them in a bi-annual event? That way, at least two SQs will be a guaranteed success per year. That, and selling Early Access Nexus cavs. The latter is too much of a gamble the way it is now. Seriously Kabam. 🎉

Let me know your thoughts below!

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,013 ★★★★★
    I’ve thought about how instead of making dual/tri-class crystals for 6* champs, they could make year-based crystals. Just splits the pool in a different way, could be interesting.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

2) Well, I think Guillotine is getting buffed next month, so Sentry would get just a baby buff, and I'm not sure that's enough. Especially when the aforementioned forums member has hyped us all up for it. I'd rather wait for them to get it right than get it fast.

I think Guilly was confirmed for november wasn't she?
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

2) Well, I think Guillotine is getting buffed next month, so Sentry would get just a baby buff, and I'm not sure that's enough. Especially when the aforementioned forums member has hyped us all up for it. I'd rather wait for them to get it right than get it fast.

I'm not sure tbh. I've heard it both ways.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I'm not sure tbh. I've heard it both ways.
    I guess we will see!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Pls Kabam lords let next month be Sentry's time.

My thoughts:

1) Epooch shards last December were really awesome. Everyone loved them. Kabam should bring it back this year too.

2) Nimrod's looking like another solid addition to the contest. My only gripe is his damage. It's looking decent, but so far all I have seen is 6 star rank 3 gameplay with synergies so it's kinda hard to judge. Looking forward to all other gameplay that pops up soon.

3) Is it worth r3ing iBom over Mole Man without Willpower and no dupe? Kinda torn between those two lately although I'm not close to r3ing either of them. It's more about who to invest in cuz t5cc is still rare for me.

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Pls Kabam lords let next month be Sentry's time.

My thoughts:

1) Epooch shards last December were really awesome. Everyone loved them. Kabam should bring it back this year too.

2) Nimrod's looking like another solid addition to the contest. My only gripe is his damage. It's looking decent, but so far all I have seen is 6 star rank 3 gameplay with synergies so it's kinda hard to judge. Looking forward to all other gameplay that pops up soon.

3) Is it worth r3ing iBom over Mole Man without Willpower and no dupe? Kinda torn between those two lately although I'm not close to r3ing either of them. It's more about who to invest in cuz t5cc is still rare for me.

Both are solid honestly. I would go with iBom because he fills the Poison gap very well, however if Skill is a more of a priority for you then Mole Man is the way to go.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Ad 2) I hope it is Sentry. Love the character and have a 5* r4 myself (my first r4)

Ad 3) I would love if there was let's say 4* version of new champs for UC/Cav EQ explo. Rarity doesn't matter, I just wish we could try out the new champs earlier than 6 months since release
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,769 ★★★★★

I dont know who it'll be but it'll 99% not be iron fist

I hope it is sentry tho.. for someone's sake who shall remain nameless

https://youtu.be/nC907SZuSaQ
    I want this champ so bad @Fluffy_paws
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

I dont know who it'll be but it'll 99% not be iron fist

I hope it is sentry tho.. for someone's sake who shall remain nameless

https://youtu.be/nC907SZuSaQ
    I want this champ so bad @Fluffy_paws
    I want him too.
    I need him. I must have him to pair with my IF.
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited September 2021
    I hope they rework Drax cause I just pulled him 6*.
    They should give him the ability to Phase when idle for 5 seconds and Vigilance Immunity.