**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Side Quest Objectives - Week 3 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ninosninos Posts: 37
    I just have one question, as a Cavalier, if I complete the Proven objectives will I unlock next month's Cavalier and Uncollected objectives/rewards?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

It's really not that bad. One Fight is one Point.

Your forgetting the energy requirements to get this knocked out. It's alot fyi.
    Meh. I have EQ done, and Energy Refills. Not a lot for me.
    Any path in 6.2 and beyond generally uses a full energy bar. One path is anywhere from 7 to 10 fights. That's a massive amount of energy refills.
    2 Paths a day, using Help. Done in 4. You can do it without using Refills. I realize that's with the caveat that you're done EQ, but it's not massive. It was more work for the last one.
    You just don’t get it do ya, nobody wants to be forced to redo old content. It’s not a “wow this is super hard” it’s not a “this is too much work”. People don’t want to be forced to do 2 paths a day of content they have already cleared. People want to have fun.
    Oh for God sakes. Forced to redo content....for cumulative Rewards. Not for nothing.
    6.2.3, 3 Energy per Fight. Restart. 150 Energy. Done.
    Yes. People don’t *want* to do that. This is not fun.

Your argument for a quest not being too bad is repeating one fight over and over 50 times. Can you honestly say that’s fun?

Then people don't *want* the Rewards.
    50 Fights is less monotonous than 7-10 for 30 days.
    50 of the same 1 fight in 1 week is of course more monotonous than 7-10 different (sometimes random) for 30 days. Yes, that is very clear.

You can tell that by the mountains of feedback given on this very issue.

You may believe that you’d rather do 50 of the same fight in one week, but you are very much in the minority.
    6.2.3, left Path. Use Doom on CMM. 6 seconds, maybe 10 at most? If doing that 50 times is too much, then I don't know what else to say. They're not going to come from doing nothing.
    Again, the fight time is not the issue. It’s boring. I would rather spend 10 mins a day doing something more interesting than do the same thing 50 times, or 100 times over
    Consider the Hercules side quest. 10 fights, all fairly straightforward, immediate chunk of rewards after completion. I had a lot of fun with it despite it being repetitive because I used it as a place to test out various champions. That’s the quest that taught me how much I loved the Bishop buff.

I don’t have that kind of playground with these objectives. I have a line of text telling me to do something incredibly dull 100 times. That’s… not better.
    Exactly, I built a lot of different teams and used it to practice tigra spacing. This is just dull. I get Kabam is trying something new, but did they have to try it new on a 2 month event? We're a quarter of the way through and it feels like August was a year ago.
    And to think that before the feedback we gave last week, it was going to be 100 fights instead of 50.
    Whoever made this side quest for sure doesn't ay the game or enjoy the concept of a fun event.
    Actually there were two arguments. The first was that there were too many Fights. The second was that they had to finish with a Special against a 6*. Several suggestions were made for *using* a 6*.
    Both were addressed. You finish a Fight period, and it's 50, not 100.
    Wow. You're really grasping at straws here to make this sound like a fun event.
    Did I say anything about fun? I was being accurate in terms of the arguments and what came about.
    Some people aren't going to have fun either way because they don't like Objecitves. Either way, this is the Event for the next month and a half, so personally I'm looking to move forward with as much ease as possible. Which is why I gave the suggestion on 6.2.3, 3 Energy to the first Fight. Rinse, repeat. Easy peasy.
    Why do you feel the need to disagree with any comment about people asking for fun events?

You admit yourself they are not fun. Why then, is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?
    Did I say it wasn't fun? Why do you feel the need to speak for me? I've already established that I enjoy Objectives. As a complete replacement for SQ? No. As a change now and then, absolutely.
    Fun is also subjective.
    I enjoy objectives.

I’m loved the carina ones.. as challenge was new and fun, with decent rewards…

This is none of those things.. it’s just repeating content over and over and over again.!!
    That's what I mean by subjective. Some people like the most challenging content possible. Some people like getting the most Rewards for the least amount of effort possible. Some enjoy a problem-solving situation. Some enjoy just button-mashing. Fun depends on what people enjoy. It's also not very feasible to give Carina Challenges to people Cavalier and up. That's not reasonable. Not everyone is there.

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Any path in 6.2 and beyond generally uses a full energy bar. One path is anywhere from 7 to 10 fights. That's a massive amount of energy refills.
    2 Paths a day, using Help. Done in 4. You can do it without using Refills. I realize that's with the caveat that you're done EQ, but it's not massive. It was more work for the last one.
    You just don’t get it do ya, nobody wants to be forced to redo old content. It’s not a “wow this is super hard” it’s not a “this is too much work”. People don’t want to be forced to do 2 paths a day of content they have already cleared. People want to have fun.
    Oh for God sakes. Forced to redo content....for cumulative Rewards. Not for nothing.

Your argument for a quest not being too bad is repeating one fight over and over 50 times. Can you honestly say that’s fun?

50 of the same 1 fight in 1 week is of course more monotonous than 7-10 different (sometimes random) for 30 days. Yes, that is very clear.

You may believe that you’d rather do 50 of the same fight in one week, but you are very much in the minority.
    6.2.3, left Path. Use Doom on CMM. 6 seconds, maybe 10 at most? If doing that 50 times is too much, then I don't know what else to say. They're not going to come from doing nothing.
    Again, the fight time is not the issue. It’s boring. I would rather spend 10 mins a day doing something more interesting than do the same thing 50 times, or 100 times over
    Consider the Hercules side quest. 10 fights, all fairly straightforward, immediate chunk of rewards after completion. I had a lot of fun with it despite it being repetitive because I used it as a place to test out various champions. That’s the quest that taught me how much I loved the Bishop buff.

I don’t have that kind of playground with these objectives. I have a line of text telling me to do something incredibly dull 100 times. That’s… not better.
    Exactly, I built a lot of different teams and used it to practice tigra spacing. This is just dull. I get Kabam is trying something new, but did they have to try it new on a 2 month event? We're a quarter of the way through and it feels like August was a year ago.
    And to think that before the feedback we gave last week, it was going to be 100 fights instead of 50.
    Whoever made this side quest for sure doesn't ay the game or enjoy the concept of a fun event.
    Actually there were two arguments. The first was that there were too many Fights. The second was that they had to finish with a Special against a 6*. Several suggestions were made for *using* a 6*.
    Did I say anything about fun? I was being accurate in terms of the arguments and what came about.
    Some people aren't going to have fun either way because they don't like Objecitves. Either way, this is the Event for the next month and a half, so personally I'm looking to move forward with as much ease as possible. Which is why I gave the suggestion on 6.2.3, 3 Energy to the first Fight. Rinse, repeat. Easy peasy.
    Why do you feel the need to disagree with any comment about people asking for fun events?

You admit yourself they are not fun. Why then, is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?
    Did I say it wasn't fun? Why do you feel the need to speak for me? I've already established that I enjoy Objectives. As a complete replacement for SQ? No. As a change now and then, absolutely.
    Fun is also subjective.
    You denied saying anything about it being fun, implying you didn't think it was fun.

In any case, my question stands. Why is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?

The majority do not enjoy doing these events, they are giving that feedback and you are telling them no, no it's fine, we should have these events. Give your feedback, go for it, if you said "this is fun" I wouldn't give 2 hoots. But the issue is you're trying to persuade people it's not that bad. When they are just trying to give feedback on a game they enjoy.

I don't enjoy the way Kabam are implementing objectives, not lot of people do. Leave it there. Saying "oh here you can do this fight 50 times to do it quickly" is missing the point in an incredible, monumental way. We don't want boring, monotonous objectives. Do you get that?
    That was literal. Did I say anything about fun? Meaning, that wasn't what I was speaking on.
  • UnforgvnUnforgvn Posts: 47
    edited September 2021

Yes! If you complete even the Heroic difficulty this month, you'll have access to them all next month.

​I didn't do all of last weeks objective so this weeks doesn't even show up. The only one I finished last week was the Cav objective so the Top 3 in the pic are from still from last week. So I won't get next week's cav objective if I don't do this weeks? Does that also travel over to next month? So because the game is broken and I can't do this week's without using a ton of resources I know won't get to do any more Cav stuff this month?

Due to past history I have a hard time trusting that it will actually work out the way you say and not be broken like so many other things in this game. Why on one hand are you telling us to be careful of what we due while the bugs are around and on the other hand gate 2 months of "easy" objective based content around "hard" stuff?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★

I just have one question, as a Cavalier, if I complete the Proven objectives will I unlock next month's Cavalier and Uncollected objectives/rewards?

Yeah, Miike just dropped in and said that as long as one difficulty is completed all the way through, you’ll have access to all difficulties next month.

Still not thrilled with the design choice, but whatever. It’s better than nothing.

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Fun is also subjective.
    You denied saying anything about it being fun, implying you didn't think it was fun.

In any case, my question stands. Why is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?

The majority do not enjoy doing these events, they are giving that feedback and you are telling them no, no it's fine, we should have these events. Give your feedback, go for it, if you said "this is fun" I wouldn't give 2 hoots. But the issue is you're trying to persuade people it's not that bad. When they are just trying to give feedback on a game they enjoy.

I don't enjoy the way Kabam are implementing objectives, not lot of people do. Leave it there. Saying "oh here you can do this fight 50 times to do it quickly" is missing the point in an incredible, monumental way. We don't want boring, monotonous objectives. Do you get that?
    That was literal. Did I say anything about fun? Meaning, that wasn't what I was speaking on.
    Ok, now could you address the rest of my point?
    You mean the complaint side? What would you like me to address? People complained about last week. They made adjustments. Now they're complaining this week. It will likely continue for the next month and a half.
    What I did was made it easier for people to do. Which is called being helpful. Like it or not, it's the requirement this week. Would you rather I join the rant? Not my style.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Ok, now it's good time to ask.

Do people still want more solo objectives instead of "boring grindy side quest"?
  • LuisBvvLuisBvv Posts: 139 ★★
    Can someone explain what exactly we need to do to access the October side quest ?

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Fun is also subjective.

You mean the complaint side? What would you like me to address? People complained about last week. They made adjustments. Now they're complaining this week. It will likely continue for the next month and a half.
    What I did was made it easier for people to do. Which is called being helpful. Like it or not, it's the requirement this week. Would you rather I join the rant? Not my style.
    When someone says "wow this is boring, I am not enjoying this event, I hate doing something over and over again", and you say "well here's something you can do 50 times", in that moment, they are not looking for someone to help do the event. So if they are your intentions, great, that's helpful, but just not there. Do you see how you're missing the point that person is making?

People don't want to be told something they despise is "not that bad". We are giving feedback, personal, subjective feedback and you are trying to shut that down and minimise it because you disagree. That's what people want you to stop.
    So....They're going to complain regardless. Gotcha.
    Pretty sure I said that.

People pointed out last week that it was too much, which was fair. Last week took me days. This week will be done today. Clearly they listened. What they didn't do was stop the Objectives altogether, and that's not on the table. So feel free to argue each week if that's what fuels you.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

Fun is also subjective.

When someone says "wow this is boring, I am not enjoying this event, I hate doing something over and over again", and you say "well here's something you can do 50 times", in that moment, they are not looking for someone to help do the event. So if they are your intentions, great, that's helpful, but just not there. Do you see how you're missing the point that person is making?

People don't want to be told something they despise is "not that bad". We are giving feedback, personal, subjective feedback and you are trying to shut that down and minimise it because you disagree. That's what people want you to stop.
    So....They're going to complain regardless. Gotcha.
    Pretty sure I said that.

People pointed out last week that it was too much, which was fair. Last week took me days. This week will be done today. Clearly they listened. What they didn't do was stop the Objectives altogether, and that's not on the table. So feel free to argue each week if that's what fuels you.
    I’m won’t said to much but I’m hates having to redo what already done u may like that’s