**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Side Quest Objectives - Week 3 [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    If you want a fast solution, 6.2.3 starts you 3 energy from a fight and you have icarus to speed up the fight
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Dem objectives.... Looks like the easiest thing is just rerun act 7 path

edit: which I'll admit is a waste of energy but I didn't really enjoy act 6 before or after nerf. Objectives should be fun.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

The very fact people are talking about entering quest.. doing 1 fight, restarting and doing sane fight again….50!!!!!! Times just reflects what complete nonsense this is

The fact that people are offended by something so simple to complete is equally nonsense.
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103
    I don't believe I have seen anyone mention this: You can knock out two of the lower difficulties by Revive Grinding in 4.1.6 and 5.3.6. You'll still probably spend a fair amount of energy in the earlier quest since it doesn't seem to generate (full) Energy Refills as frequently as 5.3.6.

It's too bad that I made a few runs in the last day to use up expiring energy refills before I knew about these objectives.
  • ScarletDolphinScarletDolphin Posts: 35
    edited September 2021
    Those objectives with all the bugs that the game has, they really do sound insane!
    Also, the rewards are not that spicy to completely worth our time.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

2 energy refils and a few small ones and it's done on the icarus path in 6.2 - fights over before you can blink with r4 killmonger. First fight is 3 energy away so if you just restart after that thats 23 fights per refil if you wanted.
    DrZola said:

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

It's really not that bad. One Fight is one Point.

Your forgetting the energy requirements to get this knocked out. It's alot fyi.
    Meh. I have EQ done, and Energy Refills. Not a lot for me.
    Any path in 6.2 and beyond generally uses a full energy bar. One path is anywhere from 7 to 10 fights. That's a massive amount of energy refills.
    2 Paths a day, using Help. Done in 4. You can do it without using Refills. I realize that's with the caveat that you're done EQ, but it's not massive. It was more work for the last one.
    You just don’t get it do ya, nobody wants to be forced to redo old content. It’s not a “wow this is super hard” it’s not a “this is too much work”. People don’t want to be forced to do 2 paths a day of content they have already cleared. People want to have fun.
    Oh for God sakes. Forced to redo content....for cumulative Rewards. Not for nothing.
    6.2.3, 3 Energy per Fight. Restart. 150 Energy. Done.
    Yes. People don’t *want* to do that. This is not fun.

Your argument for a quest not being too bad is repeating one fight over and over 50 times. Can you honestly say that’s fun?

Then people don't *want* the Rewards.
    50 Fights is less monotonous than 7-10 for 30 days.
    50 of the same 1 fight in 1 week is of course more monotonous than 7-10 different (sometimes random) for 30 days. Yes, that is very clear.

You can tell that by the mountains of feedback given on this very issue.

You may believe that you’d rather do 50 of the same fight in one week, but you are very much in the minority.
    6.2.3, left Path. Use Doom on CMM. 6 seconds, maybe 10 at most? If doing that 50 times is too much, then I don't know what else to say. They're not going to come from doing nothing.
    Again, the fight time is not the issue. It’s boring. I would rather spend 10 mins a day doing something more interesting than do the same thing 50 times, or 100 times over
    Consider the Hercules side quest. 10 fights, all fairly straightforward, immediate chunk of rewards after completion. I had a lot of fun with it despite it being repetitive because I used it as a place to test out various champions. That’s the quest that taught me how much I loved the Bishop buff.

I don’t have that kind of playground with these objectives. I have a line of text telling me to do something incredibly dull 100 times. That’s… not better.
    Exactly, I built a lot of different teams and used it to practice tigra spacing. This is just dull. I get Kabam is trying something new, but did they have to try it new on a 2 month event? We're a quarter of the way through and it feels like August was a year ago.
    And to think that before the feedback we gave last week, it was going to be 100 fights instead of 50.
    Whoever made this side quest for sure doesn't ay the game or enjoy the concept of a fun event.
    Actually there were two arguments. The first was that there were too many Fights. The second was that they had to finish with a Special against a 6*. Several suggestions were made for *using* a 6*.
    Both were addressed. You finish a Fight period, and it's 50, not 100.
    Wow. You're really grasping at straws here to make this sound like a fun event.
    Did I say anything about fun? I was being accurate in terms of the arguments and what came about.
    Some people aren't going to have fun either way because they don't like Objecitves. Either way, this is the Event for the next month and a half, so personally I'm looking to move forward with as much ease as possible. Which is why I gave the suggestion on 6.2.3, 3 Energy to the first Fight. Rinse, repeat. Easy peasy.
    Why do you feel the need to disagree with any comment about people asking for fun events?

You admit yourself they are not fun. Why then, is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?
    Did I say it wasn't fun? Why do you feel the need to speak for me? I've already established that I enjoy Objectives. As a complete replacement for SQ? No. As a change now and then, absolutely.
    Fun is also subjective.
    You denied saying anything about it being fun, implying you didn't think it was fun.

In any case, my question stands. Why is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?

The majority do not enjoy doing these events, they are giving that feedback and you are telling them no, no it's fine, we should have these events. Give your feedback, go for it, if you said "this is fun" I wouldn't give 2 hoots. But the issue is you're trying to persuade people it's not that bad. When they are just trying to give feedback on a game they enjoy.

I don't enjoy the way Kabam are implementing objectives, not lot of people do. Leave it there. Saying "oh here you can do this fight 50 times to do it quickly" is missing the point in an incredible, monumental way. We don't want boring, monotonous objectives. Do you get that?
    That was literal. Did I say anything about fun? Meaning, that wasn't what I was speaking on.
    Ok, now could you address the rest of my point?
    You mean the complaint side? What would you like me to address? People complained about last week. They made adjustments. Now they're complaining this week. It will likely continue for the next month and a half.
    What I did was made it easier for people to do. Which is called being helpful. Like it or not, it's the requirement this week. Would you rather I join the rant? Not my style.
    When someone says "wow this is boring, I am not enjoying this event, I hate doing something over and over again", and you say "well here's something you can do 50 times", in that moment, they are not looking for someone to help do the event. So if they are your intentions, great, that's helpful, but just not there. Do you see how you're missing the point that person is making?

People don't want to be told something they despise is "not that bad". We are giving feedback, personal, subjective feedback and you are trying to shut that down and minimise it because you disagree. That's what people want you to stop.
    So....They're going to complain regardless. Gotcha.
    Pretty sure I said that.

People pointed out last week that it was too much, which was fair. Last week took me days. This week will be done today. Clearly they listened. What they didn't do was stop the Objectives altogether, and that's not on the table. So feel free to argue each week if that's what fuels you.
    I clocked a disagree on this and it’s my policy to give a reason why:

This may not be a terrible format to you, but to the majority of players (not just here, but in a variety of chats), this is just more mindless, uncreative grindy stuff. You are perhaps the only person I’ve seen defend it.

You’ve made your point, and it’s not unreasonable. I will probably do the fights to get the objective as well.

But it’s time to let it go. Don’t be everyone’s punching bag.

The cumulative frustration over the past couple of months needs a firebreak, and this isn’t it.

Dr. Zola
    I don't believe in compounding frustrations onto inappropriate issues. This is about the Objectives. Not about "Parry and Dex and Y and X". There is no competing with that mentality. Building a list of grievances ensures with near-certainty that whatever is done will not be enough. The gravity becomes disproportionate to what is being looked at.
    In terms of creativity, what is the reasonable expectation? The game itself involves some sort of repetition in one form or another. So what is it that people have in mind? I'm all for keeping things creative and encouraging using decision-making skills, but it seems to me that the largest issue is the Objectives in general. The first week was simple, perhaps too simple. Grab a Storm or Bishop, and do it on Auto.
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 103
    edited September 2021
    Now that my helpful post is out-of-the-way:

I thought the first two weeks were grindy but doable... albeit the first week was certainly harder for people with unlucky RNG for those specific champs. I do light to moderate Arena play, so between arena, catalyst refills in the Dailies, and some exploration in Shang-Chi CQC, I was fine for Week 1 and on part 5 of the Week 2 difficulties within 48 hours. This Week... I'm not sure what Kabam was thinking.

The one bit of credit I will give them is that this takes me out of my comfort zone; I'm a Baby Thronebreaker who never explored Chapter 6, and has been focusing on exploring Variants first before starting Book 2 or Act 6 exploration. This gives me some incentive to switch my current plan, even if the objective rewards are not outstanding. But the harder objectives of this week are still pretty costly on Energy if you are not just doing the "do 1 fight and restart".
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Wicket329 said:

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

It's really not that bad. One Fight is one Point.

Your forgetting the energy requirements to get this knocked out. It's alot fyi.
    Meh. I have EQ done, and Energy Refills. Not a lot for me.
    Any path in 6.2 and beyond generally uses a full energy bar. One path is anywhere from 7 to 10 fights. That's a massive amount of energy refills.
    2 Paths a day, using Help. Done in 4. You can do it without using Refills. I realize that's with the caveat that you're done EQ, but it's not massive. It was more work for the last one.
    You just don’t get it do ya, nobody wants to be forced to redo old content. It’s not a “wow this is super hard” it’s not a “this is too much work”. People don’t want to be forced to do 2 paths a day of content they have already cleared. People want to have fun.
    Oh for God sakes. Forced to redo content....for cumulative Rewards. Not for nothing.
    6.2.3, 3 Energy per Fight. Restart. 150 Energy. Done.
    Yes. People don’t *want* to do that. This is not fun.

Your argument for a quest not being too bad is repeating one fight over and over 50 times. Can you honestly say that’s fun?

Then people don't *want* the Rewards.
    50 Fights is less monotonous than 7-10 for 30 days.
    50 of the same 1 fight in 1 week is of course more monotonous than 7-10 different (sometimes random) for 30 days. Yes, that is very clear.

You can tell that by the mountains of feedback given on this very issue.

You may believe that you’d rather do 50 of the same fight in one week, but you are very much in the minority.
    6.2.3, left Path. Use Doom on CMM. 6 seconds, maybe 10 at most? If doing that 50 times is too much, then I don't know what else to say. They're not going to come from doing nothing.
    Again, the fight time is not the issue. It’s boring. I would rather spend 10 mins a day doing something more interesting than do the same thing 50 times, or 100 times over
    Consider the Hercules side quest. 10 fights, all fairly straightforward, immediate chunk of rewards after completion. I had a lot of fun with it despite it being repetitive because I used it as a place to test out various champions. That’s the quest that taught me how much I loved the Bishop buff.

I don’t have that kind of playground with these objectives. I have a line of text telling me to do something incredibly dull 100 times. That’s… not better.
    Exactly, I built a lot of different teams and used it to practice tigra spacing. This is just dull. I get Kabam is trying something new, but did they have to try it new on a 2 month event? We're a quarter of the way through and it feels like August was a year ago.
    And to think that before the feedback we gave last week, it was going to be 100 fights instead of 50.
    Whoever made this side quest for sure doesn't ay the game or enjoy the concept of a fun event.
    Actually there were two arguments. The first was that there were too many Fights. The second was that they had to finish with a Special against a 6*. Several suggestions were made for *using* a 6*.
    Both were addressed. You finish a Fight period, and it's 50, not 100.
    Wow. You're really grasping at straws here to make this sound like a fun event.
    Did I say anything about fun? I was being accurate in terms of the arguments and what came about.
    Some people aren't going to have fun either way because they don't like Objecitves. Either way, this is the Event for the next month and a half, so personally I'm looking to move forward with as much ease as possible. Which is why I gave the suggestion on 6.2.3, 3 Energy to the first Fight. Rinse, repeat. Easy peasy.
    Why do you feel the need to disagree with any comment about people asking for fun events?

You admit yourself they are not fun. Why then, is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?
    Did I say it wasn't fun? Why do you feel the need to speak for me? I've already established that I enjoy Objectives. As a complete replacement for SQ? No. As a change now and then, absolutely.
    Fun is also subjective.
    You denied saying anything about it being fun, implying you didn't think it was fun.

In any case, my question stands. Why is it so bad for people to say please don't give us events that aren't fun?

The majority do not enjoy doing these events, they are giving that feedback and you are telling them no, no it's fine, we should have these events. Give your feedback, go for it, if you said "this is fun" I wouldn't give 2 hoots. But the issue is you're trying to persuade people it's not that bad. When they are just trying to give feedback on a game they enjoy.

I don't enjoy the way Kabam are implementing objectives, not lot of people do. Leave it there. Saying "oh here you can do this fight 50 times to do it quickly" is missing the point in an incredible, monumental way. We don't want boring, monotonous objectives. Do you get that?
    That was literal. Did I say anything about fun? Meaning, that wasn't what I was speaking on.
    Ok, now could you address the rest of my point?
    You mean the complaint side? What would you like me to address? People complained about last week. They made adjustments. Now they're complaining this week. It will likely continue for the next month and a half.
    What I did was made it easier for people to do. Which is called being helpful. Like it or not, it's the requirement this week. Would you rather I join the rant? Not my style.
    When someone says "wow this is boring, I am not enjoying this event, I hate doing something over and over again", and you say "well here's something you can do 50 times", in that moment, they are not looking for someone to help do the event. So if they are your intentions, great, that's helpful, but just not there. Do you see how you're missing the point that person is making?

People don't want to be told something they despise is "not that bad". We are giving feedback, personal, subjective feedback and you are trying to shut that down and minimise it because you disagree. That's what people want you to stop.
    So....They're going to complain regardless. Gotcha.
    Pretty sure I said that.

People pointed out last week that it was too much, which was fair. Last week took me days. This week will be done today. Clearly they listened. What they didn't do was stop the Objectives altogether, and that's not on the table. So feel free to argue each week if that's what fuels you.
    I clocked a disagree on this and it’s my policy to give a reason why:

This may not be a terrible format to you, but to the majority of players (not just here, but in a variety of chats), this is just more mindless, uncreative grindy stuff. You are perhaps the only person I’ve seen defend it.

You’ve made your point, and it’s not unreasonable. I will probably do the fights to get the objective as well.

But it’s time to let it go. Don’t be everyone’s punching bag.

The cumulative frustration over the past couple of months needs a firebreak, and this isn’t it.

Dr. Zola
    I don't believe in compounding frustrations onto inappropriate issues. This is about the Objectives. Not about "Parry and Dex and Y and X". There is no competing with that mentality. Building a list of grievances ensures with near-certainty that whatever is done will not be enough. The gravity becomes disproportionate to what is being looked at.
    In terms of creativity, what is the reasonable expectation? The game itself involves some sort of repetition in one form or another. So what is it that people have in mind? I'm all for keeping things creative and encouraging using decision-making skills, but it seems to me that the largest issue is the Objectives in general. The first week was simple, perhaps too simple. Grab a Storm or Bishop, and do it on Auto.
    Nothing happens in a vacuum.

There’s frustration with the objectives and there’s concern over the health of the game. Those things aren’t unrelated.

But I’m just trying to spare you some grief and suggest there are better uses of time—feel free to disregard and defend, engage, whatever.

Dr. Zola
    I understand. I see it. I prefer to stick to the topic at hand. There is no reasoning with a list a mile long of everything going wrong.
  • tioguillingtioguilling Posts: 21
    this is not fair por players who don't pass act 6