Options

Gwenmaster is broken

Has willpower even when linked node is down with willpower listed

Comments

• Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 472 ★★★
    I did 7.2.6 this weekend and felt there were a number of bugs with Gwenmaster - here's some examples and what stand out to me:

Prowess not building after pushing past sp1 - by hits, by specials, with or without knockdowns -- frustrating! Running out of time because she refused to gain prowess... inverse controls perfected though!

Invisibility / Shield mode - not being able to break through with any champion other than Nick Fury - full ramped up R3 Venompool unable to do it was super-surprising and frustrating... going through a whole team to have to revive NF... in the end I always took NF into Gwenmaster fights for this reason.. Reasonably, one would expect to be able to do this challenge with most champions if played correctly with lots of intercepts etc... hopefully !?!?!

Armor break 10 countdown -- very very tricky timing and seemed more random than fitting a pattern of intercepts into knockdown and baiting sp1 trying to balance the delay in timer versus defender not using abilities that delayed the timer too...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that spent a ton of revives on gwenmaster this weekend so hopefully the data is there for the devs to analyze!

• Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 472 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    You bet i did a lot of variations to push her over --- the main pattern I found was that some champions worked and some champions didn't work...

The whole point of fights like Grandmaster and Gwenmaster is that you shouldn't need a specific champion to beat them but that their mechanics can be completed by any champion if you understand the mechanics and play skillfully.

This is NOT the case with Gwenmaster.

I believe this is not currently what the designers had in mind when making 7.2.6 Gwenmaster - hence, it's reasonable to draw attention to her fight as being bugged.

PS: If you're reading this because you're getting stuck on Gwenmaster - Nick Fury worked best for me for all of Gwenmaster and her different phases.
  • Options
    Syko6Syko6 Posts: 11
    I was fighting Gwenmaster yesterday, mission 4 the 4 different knockdowns mission. I used my sp3 for the 4th knockdown just after the timer expired/turned red. Gwenmaster then ko,d me with her special attack. That’s all ok I was just after the timer expired. I went back in but Gwenmaster was now at 59% health, but when I reached mission 4 she was at 39% health. Also my knockdowns no longer count. I don’t want quit & restart due to a bug because I didn’t play the best on this run to get to Boss, so used a number of items & units due to bad mistakes.
    Is this a bug?
  • Options
    DoomGBDoomGB Posts: 46
    Had some issues in her first phase. Sometimes she wouldn't gain the prowess. She also played very defensively and a lot of my input was suspect. Intercepts wouldn't work, she'll play defensively most of the time and as I dash to hit her block she activates a special attack. I've beaten her once. The rest of my attempts have all be either strange, confusing, questionable or all 3
  • Options
    DALLASTLDALLASTL Posts: 10
    I got 4 prowess in phase 1... then nothing.. she does throw her sp2... she attack and attack.. until she kills me.

3 times i got to 10 armors... her sp2 stills knock me down...

her sp2 after a phase made her lost 3% health....

and it goes on and on...

This fight is at best very buggeb.... at worst..