**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Input System Update - Sept 2021: Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

is it safe to say android players have been a fake alarm till now and theyre not getting any more compensations? (im on android too btw)

I wouldn't say that. One of the reasons we wanted to make this post is so that we can draw a line on what is and isn't this particular issue because some Players were confusing other issues (like lag and stuttering) for it as well, and we want to make sure we can address that stuff separately and ensure people continue to report other issues without thinking they're one in the same.
    So correct me if I’m reading it wrong, but you guys believe that the parry issues caused by the engine update are IOS specific, but the update to the lagging and stuttering in 32.3 and 33.0 *should* fix most issues for android players?
    I think they mean for everyone both Android and IOS.
    Sure, but I’m talking specifically for parry and dex. From the way it’s written, it seems to be implying that any parry or dex issue an android player experienced will be from the stuttering and lagging that is going to be fixed, ergo, after 32.3 and 33.0 android players won’t experience the parry or dex bug but Apple players will until it’s fixed in early 2022.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★

is it safe to say android players have been a fake alarm till now and theyre not getting any more compensations? (im on android too btw)

I wouldn't say that. One of the reasons we wanted to make this post is so that we can draw a line on what is and isn't this particular issue because some Players were confusing other issues (like lag and stuttering) for it as well, and we want to make sure we can address that stuff separately and ensure people continue to report other issues without thinking they're one in the same.
    So correct me if I’m reading it wrong, but you guys believe that the parry issues caused by the engine update are IOS specific, but the update to the lagging and stuttering in 32.3 and 33.0 *should* fix most issues for android players?
    I think they mean for everyone both Android and IOS.
    Sure, but I’m talking specifically for parry and dex. From the way it’s written, it seems to be implying that any parry or dex issue an android player experienced will be from the stuttering and lagging that is going to be fixed, ergo, after 32.3 and 33.0 android players won’t experience the parry or dex bug but Apple players will until it’s fixed in early 2022.
    I read it as based on their beta test, Android wasn't having the issues. Again, I could be misreading it. There very well could be people having it but might not have been in the beta.
  • Options
    WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 312 ★★★
    Thanks to Kabam Miike for sharing this, and to the eng team that is putting in the hard work to get this to be objective and not subjective as the post highlighted.

As an android user, I can appreciate the call out of lag/stutter/memory leak bug. I have parry/dex issues but they aren't consistent. Given the hype of the usual control issue, I too thought it lumped in there, but you're call out to people with longs sessions and arena hit it on the nose.

Question to the Kabam eng team though, until the memory leak is fixed, what would they define as a window for a "long game session" so that I can know when to restart the game. If someone is grinding arena, or grinding monthly eq, would it be better to restart every 30 min? Once an hour? Does logging out and back in help or a full game restart better?

Thanks and please do keep us updated with this level of detail going forward. I imagine many of us are tech savvy now-a-days and so this level of transparency is really appreciated. Also as a former UX/Community researcher, please pass on to your teams that after having read the post I could feel myself giving it another 1-2 months of tolerating bugs... where as I was maybe 2-3 weeks away from quitting last night.

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike one thing that has not been addressed by you guys or asked is this. Is this issue going to effect release date of book 2 act 1 chapter 3 which was said to be released next month or the next back issue which was set to be released in November…would like an update on that mainly next months one as there will be a lot of players specially f2p players starting to farm potions revives and energy. And not knowing does effect that cause of time in overflow
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Finally I might be able to play the game on my iPhone 6. It still runs ok with it and would Ben greater if the crashing and dropped frame rate could go away. I strongly believe a setting that allow the user to change the resolution would be another side-to-go to improve it further. After all we are the only one that know our own devices best.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 732 ★★★

Hey Summoners,

It’s been a little while since we’ve communicated on the ongoing Control issues, and today we wanted to give you all a different kind of post, where we’ll explore the cause of the issue, what it entails, and the progress we’ve made on our journey so far in addressing the inconsistencies and changes in control timing.

We also want to take a moment to better outline what the issue actually is, as we know there’s some confusion surrounding the exact symptoms of this issue. We’ve seen players reporting issues such as framerate drops or lag that are not related to this issue, and are being addressed separately with some fixes coming your way soon.

We also want to give you more insight into why this process is taking some time to address, why it’s difficult to address issues based on “feel”, and introduce you to a new member of our team!

You can read the post here, and then come back to this thread to discuss!

Love the new team member you've got there..and glad he's coming in clutch

Also thank you for the transparency and also for the upcoming fixes for android hope everything works out for everyone
  • Options
    Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    Very informative and much appreciated!
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Excellent post! Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    Wiredawg1Wiredawg1 Posts: 504 ★★★★
    While I glad kabam is sending comp regarding aq aw and solo story. Seems you’re forgetting another aspect of game this effects also and has been no comp on that or even addressed and that is arena. People aren’t doing arena cause of the issue either combined with constant game crashes. I know I haven’t done any arena since this has started. Are you going to comp that also?
  • Options
    BraderSawBraderSaw Posts: 76
    Yes I finally might be able played that game after that issues fixed soon.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Such an awesome post. Though it's very technical and everything (like the Namor/Cull/EbonyMaw Nerf post back then) I think more player would totally read these kind of posts, and it definitely help in the transparency question.
    Kudos!

P.M.: @Kabam Miike will this affect the release of 7.3 and variant 8? They are supposed to come in oct/Nov?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    LordPSN said:

1 thing I didn't like is how the original post intended that the issue is IOS specific only.
    This is wrong. I am facing the same issue on my android phone and nothing is mentioned in the OG post about android.

They literally mention that they believe that Android issues are caused by a memeory leak bug or something and they are rolling out two fixes for it in the subsequent updates.