**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Input System Update - Sept 2021: Discussion Thread

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

There might have been a little hyperbole in regards to the months years. But as an android player, seemingly Kabam will never take action on a bug until ios is involved. Easier to fix, since it's the same platform for all Apple, I understand. Android dwarfs Apple globally in devices, might be worth the effort to make an effort more consistently.

Ok, but you’ve had issues before July right?

Also, do you accept now, that Kabam aren’t saying you don’t have parry or dex issues?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Camby01 said:

Based on what? I and everyone else I know that plays on Android has had issues from the outset. It seems like kabam wants to throw everything to fps or whatever. Not buying it. They actually say that android devices are not affected. I'm not sure what you are trying to get at.

I think based on the data that they presented, doing a medium parry on 1 apple device. Doesn't exactly set the world on fire for your argument.

I have learned to deal with the half/full second freeze mid-fight, the inconsistent parry, the inconsistent dex. Does that mean the game isn't broken because I've learned to adjust? Again, happy you are not experiencing the same, but don't try to diminish others for whatever reason.

They have literally said that they are still looking at data and sharing data with their partners so something may pop up if Android devices are truly affected. They never said that they have given up on Android devices.

No one's denying that their are issues with Android. What everyone has been trying to say is that the issue IOS devices are facing which became widespread in July are different from the ones that Android are facing. They say that Android devices are not affected with THIS issue (the one causing problems for ios devices), they never said that anrdoid devices do not have issues.
    Camby01 said:

It seems like kabam wants to throw everything to fps or whatever. Not buying it.

FPS drops are a part of the issue which Kabam have literally admitted to (along with lag, stuttering, etc.). They have said that they will be coming out with fixes for it soon. You are acting like Kabam is shifting the blame onto something.

Camby01 said:

Based on what? I and everyone else I know that plays on Android has had issues from the outset. It seems like kabam wants to throw everything to fps or whatever. Not buying it. They actually say that android devices are not affected. I'm not sure what you are trying to get at.

I think based on the data that they presented, doing a medium parry on 1 apple device. Doesn't exactly set the world on fire for your argument.

I have learned to deal with the half/full second freeze mid-fight, the inconsistent parry, the inconsistent dex. Does that mean the game isn't broken because I've learned to adjust? Again, happy you are not experiencing the same, but don't try to diminish others for whatever reason.

Oh my days, you’re just determined to misunderstand it aren’t you?

Kabam are not saying you don’t have parry issues. They are saying you DO have parry issues. They are saying your parry issues are not caused by the same parry issues as Apple players.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Camby01 said:

Stop posr. Your interpretation of a kabam mod post does not prove, yes that's the way to spell it, anything. Kabam has to show good faith, and imo, over the course of the last couple years they haven't. I will, at that point, be more diligent trying to hold them accountable.

For a proclaimed polyglot, you sure do make a lot of typos.

In terms of the good faith that your requesting, what in your mind constitutes good faith? The company has been upfront about all the issues they have, as well as go into great detail to better explain it to people who aren't tech savvy, they've committed to provide resources in the interim to assist people regardless of whether or not they have been affected by the game play issues and while we can agree that there's been some inconsistencies across what types of resources people want and well as need, it doesn't negate the intention of the gesture.

If you're just looking for a fight because you have this intense need for a contrarian stance, that's fine, it happens but you can't Overlook the fact that there is still information forthcoming as they progressed further into their testing.

Now we need to see what happens over the next couple of months with this two-part asset memory leak update. For a lot of people, this can either be the first step to stabilizing Android users and for some people this might even be the one that completely fixes the issue entirely, it's kind of like what happened to the last time they released an Android specific stability fix, some people got better, some got worse and for some people like myself, there was no change whatsoever because we never had any issues to begin with.

Lastly, in regards to your statement about wanting to hold them accountable, you do realize you have established a preconceived bias utilizing a specific narrative that you refuse to deviate from. So it doesn't matter what I've written, doesn't matter what anybody else writes because in your mind, you've declared them the enemy because they done "Did You Wrong" and you feel like the only way you can regain some sense of honor is by holding some kangaroo court where your opening argument is "You're guilty, you've always been guilty, I don't care if you have enough evidence to prove you're innocent, you're still guilty cuz I don't like you.."

Camby01 said:

Stop posr. Your interpretation of a kabam mod post does not prove, yes that's the way to spell it, anything. Kabam has to show good faith, and imo, over the course of the last couple years they haven't. I will, at that point, be more diligent trying to hold them accountable.

For a proclaimed polyglot, you sure do make a lot of typos.

In terms of the good faith that your requesting, what in your mind constitutes good faith? The company has been upfront about all the issues they have, as well as go into great detail to better explain it to people who aren't tech savvy, they've committed to provide resources in the interim to assist people regardless of whether or not they have been affected by the game play issues and while we can agree that there's been some inconsistencies across what types of resources people want and well as need, it doesn't negate the intention of the gesture.

If you're just looking for a fight because you have this intense need for a contrarian stance, that's fine, it happens but you can't Overlook the fact that there is still information forthcoming as they progressed further into their testing.

Now we need to see what happens over the next couple of months with this two-part asset memory leak update. For a lot of people, this can either be the first step to stabilizing Android users and for some people this might even be the one that completely fixes the issue entirely, it's kind of like what happened to the last time they released an Android specific stability fix, some people got better, some got worse and for some people like myself, there was no change whatsoever because we never had any issues to begin with.

Lastly, in regards to your statement about wanting to hold them accountable, you do realize you have established a preconceived bias utilizing a specific narrative that you refuse to deviate from. So it doesn't matter what I've written, doesn't matter what anybody else writes because in your mind, you've declared them the enemy because they done "Did You Wrong" and you feel like the only way you can regain some sense of honor is by holding some kangaroo court where your opening argument is "You're guilty, you've always been guilty, I don't care if you have enough evidence to prove you're innocent, you're still guilty cuz I don't like you.."
    Well said, it’s the issue of when someone has just enough evidence and knowledge to come to a conclusion, but the refusal of subsequent evidence or knowledge to change said conclusion.
  • Hopefully the updates don't take a lot of storage to download. But all in all good approach.
    They didn't mention a notable size difference in the next two downloads so unless you're working with an older phone with a limited memory, you really shouldn't see any issues in terms of storage usage
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

is it safe to say android players have been a fake alarm till now and theyre not getting any more compensations? (im on android too btw)

Not necessarily. I can't speak for Kabam, but when troubleshooting these kinds of very subtle systemic issues, the first rule to keep in mind is: finding a problem is not the same thing as finding the problem.

is it safe to say android players have been a fake alarm till now and theyre not getting any more compensations? (im on android too btw)

I wouldn't say that. One of the reasons we wanted to make this post is so that we can draw a line on what is and isn't this particular issue because some Players were confusing other issues (like lag and stuttering) for it as well, and we want to make sure we can address that stuff separately and ensure people continue to report other issues without thinking they're one in the same.
    So correct me if I’m reading it wrong, but you guys believe that the parry issues caused by the engine update are IOS specific, but the update to the lagging and stuttering in 32.3 and 33.0 *should* fix most issues for android players?
    I think they mean for everyone both Android and IOS.
    Sure, but I’m talking specifically for parry and dex. From the way it’s written, it seems to be implying that any parry or dex issue an android player experienced will be from the stuttering and lagging that is going to be fixed, ergo, after 32.3 and 33.0 android players won’t experience the parry or dex bug but Apple players will until it’s fixed in early 2022.
    But what about the dropped inputs on Android? Sttuters and lags are not the same as that, and it is a big problem.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    The takeaway here is not that they're saying there are no problems on Android. It's that the issues were different than what they were looking at. They also said the next couple Updates should show some improvement on both platforms. They're also not stopping the process of improving on both. I get that it would be upsetting if they said there was nothing wrong with Android, but that's not at all what they said.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    So…we’re looking at roughly 6months(including the pervious months) before this even gets fixed….optimistically lol

So…we’re looking at roughly 6months(including the pervious months) before this even gets fixed….optimistically lol

I would say less than 6 months but we're going to have to ride out the rest of this year definitely
  • Yale007Yale007 Posts: 39
    Thanks for the update. It’s appreciated.
  • IRQIRQ Posts: 304 ★★
    IRQ said:

Now you left me anxious. I have an android device and I can't tell whether there actually was any issue on the game's side or if it's just me getting old and losing reflexes. Though given that most of my problems look like opponents' actions being mistimed and many people reporting the same thing at the same time, I'm inclined to go with the former.

Anyway good to see where we are with this. And frankly, with the last couple of weeks in general the playerbase needed this kind of info.

Aaand I just fed a kill in a war because my character just decided he's done blocking in the middle of enemy special without me moving a muscle one way or another.

Yep, the issue definitely is there on androids, glad it's getting fixed as well.
    edited September 2021

For a game that cannot be transferred from android to IOS, saying "we ll fix the IOS first and we ll see IF the android devices have a problem", does this means that we android players are going to wait eeeven more for our hotfix? Or that we may not get any and remain like that if they don't find something? All the people that play the game in androids are lying or they don't "feel" right? I really don't understand...

The Android issues seem to be rooted from a memory leak which will be fixed with a two-part update starting next month and then November's update. Once the memory leak is fixed, Android users that have been affected should see a significant Improvement.

Meanwhile the iOS is a different Beast entirely because of how the games internal clocking system interacts with iOS is internal timing. That's a bigger issue that they are essentially having to rebuild from the ground up in order to fix it properly. That is where the "Feel" aspect is coming from. It's not that you can no longer use dexterity or Parry, it's that the system timing is off and with IOS, that takes more work.
    Wordunken said:

The Android issues seem to be rooted from a memory leak which will be fixed with a two-part update starting next month and then November's update. Once the memory leak is fixed, Android users that have been affected should see a significant Improvement.

Meanwhile the iOS is a different Beast entirely because of how the games internal clocking system interacts with iOS is internal timing. That's a bigger issue that they are essentially having to rebuild from the ground up in order to fix it properly. That is where the "Feel" aspect is coming from. It's not that you can no longer use dexterity or Parry, it's that the system timing is off and with IOS, that takes more work.

ı just hope this will be the case because android got problems for a while now (its beean a full year for me, last summer an update destoyed the android performance and getting worse little by little ever since). but we are trying to keep up or hopes for a quite while
    I hope everything works out too, I've been one of the fortunate few to not have any issues with Android but I know it's been a hot topic for most of the year. That being said if they're that confident that the memory leak is the problem, we should take it as a good sign that we're finally heading in the right direction.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    Wordunken said:

ı just hope this will be the case because android got problems for a while now (its beean a full year for me, last summer an update destoyed the android performance and getting worse little by little ever since). but we are trying to keep up or hopes for a quite while
    Right there with ya @Wordunken! It's been a year for me too. I even bought a new device in January or February thinking it was my device. I haven't progressed or done much "difficult content" in a year.
  • BraderSawBraderSaw Posts: 76
    Same today I got an crashing issue and hopefully they fixed this issue.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    While unfortunate that the fix will take more time, it's reassuring Kabam is on it.

As Android user, I didn't feel the issue was as dire, but I did have failed parry's/dexes, but framerate could have been the culprit as well.
  • And as to doing it blinded (pedantic point, it could not be double blinded without Kabam also not knowing which groups got which client to test), not only could they totally do that, but they already did in the beta test you referenced.

In a double blind test the only requirement is that the people analyzing the results need to be blinded to the set up, not literally everyone in the company. If that was the requirement, double blinded testing would be practically impossible. And yes, they did exactly that, but with opt-in testers who knew they were testing changes. The problem, as I specified, is not the limitations of testing, but the ethical limits of testing with players who don't know they are being tested.

We know what happens when you test with a test group that knows they are participating in a test. We all start seeing phantoms.
  • CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    The game is ridiculously broken due to a variety of interactions with the few things that aren’t functioning properly

And all anyone does is argue about if it’s really, how bad it really is, who’s too blame, how they’re testing it, and of coarse the all important question of what kind of free stuff you’re gonna get for a game that isn’t working.

Can we please at least get to a place where we can agree that it’s not working

• LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★

@Kabam Miike We need Single Player Content Resources each week rather than “on an occasional basis” if this is to continue for three more months. Before this week I had no Parry issues but now I do and the game is unbearable to play. I have to use a large amount of potions and revives to complete useful content. If this issue is expected to be present for the rest of 2021 why would we receive resources “on an occasional basis”?

I completely agree with @Hudsonman

Hudsonman said:

@Kabam Miike Very insightful and appreciate the transparency. Based on my personal experience and that of my alliance we all spend way more units on solo content than we do on AQ/AW. This is very common in every alliance i have been in and the various line chats i am in. It is therefore very confusing to me that Kabam has decided they will issue more resources for an area of the game where not many resources are used often instead of an area of the game resources are frequently used. As far as my experience and those I interact with greater than 90% of the units we use on revives/potions are for solo content and less than 10% is on AW/AQ content. Yet 80%(ballpark) of the parry/dex bug compensation we receive is for AQ/AW. It doesn't make sense to me or those I have interacted with. Clarification on the reasoning for this decision would be very helpful.

I agree with the comments above.. it should probably be the other way round... I have unclaimed AQ and AW compensations while my single player potions and revives are almost out...
  • Pe3kPe3k Posts: 24
    In addition to parry and control issues now we have multiple event related issues and persistent severe lag(I'm playing on Samsung S10)...on top of that the 22h solo events are not running....It is getting to the point where I'm not even disappointed or mad...just laughing and anxiously waiting what "wonders" the next update/patch will bring....the game is broken for months now and instead of seeing improvements we see more things getting broken(except the money offers...they are alwaays up, without issue...cant loose that bread, right?)....I would just love to say "good job Kabam, well done, thank you"

Hey Summoners,

It’s been a little while since we’ve communicated on the ongoing Control issues, and today we wanted to give you all a different kind of post, where we’ll explore the cause of the issue, what it entails, and the progress we’ve made on our journey so far in addressing the inconsistencies and changes in control timing.

We also want to take a moment to better outline what the issue actually is, as we know there’s some confusion surrounding the exact symptoms of this issue. We’ve seen players reporting issues such as framerate drops or lag that are not related to this issue, and are being addressed separately with some fixes coming your way soon.

We also want to give you more insight into why this process is taking some time to address, why it’s difficult to address issues based on “feel”, and introduce you to a new member of our team!

You can read the post here, and then come back to this thread to discuss!

In addition to parry and control issues now we have multiple event related issues and persistent severe lag(I'm playing on Samsung S10)...on top of that the 22h solo events are not running atm without any prior notice and/or explanation....It is getting to the point where I'm not even disappointed or mad...just laughing and anxiously waiting what "wonders" the next update/patch will bring....the game is broken for months now and instead of seeing improvements we see more things getting broken(except the money offers...they are alwaays up, without issue...cant loose that bread, right?)....I would just love to say "good job Kabam, well done, thank you"
  • StefanovStefanov Posts: 6
    Why i dont receive antivenom ?