**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Next month is already shaping up to be one of the best celebrations

NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
Seriously. Two very hyped champions with so great looking special attacks, atleast the ones we've seen already look great. Great reward's, plus a long awaited Reunion that's staying for good. I can't wait to hear all the in depth details about this soon. I know the patch notes are out. But I crave more info.

Comments

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    7.3, v8, and my little symbiote staying in the content even after this event? Great month indeed.
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★

Why are people so hyped about these new champs? Not saying you shouldn’t be. Just curious.

Some champions are just more recognized and loved than others. Here we have Knull, the god of symbiotes and Anti-Venom. Both are very popular so people will get instantly hyped when they are coming to the contest, including me. Well, they are sort of a big deal in the comics too.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★

Why are people so hyped about these new champs? Not saying you shouldn’t be. Just curious.

Some champions are just more recognized and loved than others. Here we have Knull, the god of symbiotes and Anti-Venom. Both are very popular so people will get instantly hyped when they are coming to the contest, including me. Well, they are sort of a big deal in the comics too.
    Will you be the same “hyped” if they will be level of let’s say groot? :))
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

My symbioid will be back forever and that is the only thing important. Idc if we never get comp again, he’s finally back

I just hope this time we are able to change his name too 🥺
  • JohnLocke117JohnLocke117 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Bpn88855 said:

Will you be the same “hyped” if they will be level of let’s say groot? :))
    It would be utterly disappointing but I would still be hyped. I would rank them up even if they suck. Also, buffs are now a possibility too.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Yeah this month looks great. May even be as good as December 2020 with all the content we're getting
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

7.3, v8, and my little symbiote staying in the content even after this event? Great month indeed.

Not to detract from your point, but V8 is November not October.
    Oh my bad
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★

I was a comic reader in the 1970s and don’t think these characters existed then.
    That is correct. Same for the 1980’s and 1990’s and most of the 2000’s.

Dr. Zola
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,286 ★★★★

I've been wondering the same thing.

From a player perspective, it is understandable that everyone cares about different champions (Eg. Spiderman 2099, Squirrel Girl, Peni Parker, etc.). But, there seems to be a little extra 'something something' about the excitement for Knull and Anti-Venom compared to reveals in the past.

I don't understand it at all from Kabam's perspective though. As far as I recall, no other champion received quite the fanfare as Knull is getting. A month long tease, with weekly clues?

They didn't even do that for Doctor Doom, who probably has the highest level of recognition/excitement among Marvel fans. They didn't do it for Apocalypse, who is an extremely recognizable X-men villain (comics, movie, animated series).

So, I am really puzzled as to why Kabam is specifically fanning the flames of hype for the October champions.

Why is there this synergy of extra playerbase excitement + Kabam marketing?

On a separate note, it is awesome that Symbioid is coming back and sticking around.
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    This is all I need to show why this month is going to be one of if not the best month.

• ChobblyChobbly Posts: 840 ★★★★
    I think that next month is going to be interesting. September's been a tough month for Summoners generally, with the bugs, unease over the Guillotine and Thor Rags buffs as well as crystal drop errors and the recent side objectives issues.

By the same token, I'm sure that Kabam staff are under pressure to get these issues resolved, whilst the pressure is still on to deliver new content that will improve the Contest and earn Kabam revenue.

September wasn't been fun for anyone, I think. The game needs an awesome October.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

altavista said:

As far as I recall, no other champion received quite the fanfare as Knull is getting. A month long tease, with weekly clues?

Let's hope none of them end up like him.
    His motion comic remains my favorite and yet he feels quite underwhelming.
  • Steel_Ball_RunSteel_Ball_Run Posts: 534 ★★★

I was a comic reader in the 1970s and don’t think these characters existed then.
    Doesn’t mean they can’t be major hype material. Knull debuted only a few years ago and he’s already pretty big with the fanbase, although obviously not on par with classic villains like Galactus
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    It would not take a whole lot for this month to be better than last month. As for all the excitement over the new champs? It is the usual, "the grass is always greener under the newest champ!" "This is the one i need to finally change the game!"
    It never seems to be the champs we have that are gonna change the game is it? Always the next one! Or the one after.
    Anymore i start the new month not wondering if the new champ will change the game for me, i start the month wondering, "what's gonna get screwed up this time and how will they compensate us for it?" (Still waiting for my login crystal! Btw)
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Chikel said:

DNA3000 said:

altavista said:

As far as I recall, no other champion received quite the fanfare as Knull is getting. A month long tease, with weekly clues?

Why does Surfer look lik Putin here?
    Because he is??? jk jk
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

Chikel said:

DNA3000 said:

altavista said:

Why does Surfer look lik Putin here?
    Because he is??? jk jk
    Komrade Surfer
  • FrydayFryday Posts: 673 ★★★
    For the well being of the players, the forum admins team and the game development team, oh how I wish this was true, and I truly applauded the OP for the optimise :) .

Looking ahead of Oct Event:-

THE GOOD (Credits should be recognised):-
    Practise Function - a great addition, would be extra great if we could practise against champions we don't have (cause that is usually the one we would want to understand and practise against more) and by doing that we could resolves the Duel target issue, but still a great fun addition. Thank you Kabam team.

Summoner Symbioid - I have no idea about this champ (he was briefly available during my break from the game), but from the response of the community he seem much loved, so great to see the community excited about something. A much needed positivity for the community, so again thank you Kabam team.

Thor Rag Buff- It seem like people are generally positive of this buff, he is not OP, but more fun to play, and in some way for me I guess that is the right balance, not every champ buffs should turn them into the new God tier :D

THE NOT SO GOOD
    Ongoing Lag and Input Delay - Well information on the work updated and it ongoing, so not really an October thing, and I'm sure they team are working hard on it. However it would be really helpful if the Kabam team could review and improve the Solo compensation package, there is a poll that show over 75% are not happy.

Missing Login Crystal - Well we were hoping this would be a September issue, but seem to over spilled into Oct - Hope it get resolve soon

Week 5 September Objective - Still no real info and solution for those who spent resource on ranking/levelling champs up before the objective was taken down and amended - Again hope more information will come on this.

Guillotine Buff/Nerf - Well there is enough threads on this topic, no point of me reiterating it.

THE UNKNOWN
    Anti-Venom and Knull - Yep there were much hype over these 2 champs. These 2 champs is relative new to me, as they are more modern comics, but clearly there were a lot of expectation for them...how will they fair...I guess we will find out in a day or 2.

Looking at all of these, I wish I have more optimism for October but can't seem to find the evident for it.

Feel like a lot of issue from September (that continue over to Oct) is due to the lack of reviewing of the some of these concept for objectives, quests and so buffs, what might sound like a great idea of paper, might not work so well when people actually have to play and complete them. Maybe for November it might be helpful to re-review any plan and concept, test run tasks and objectives with test players. The lagging and input delay is still an issue (that will take sometime to resolve) so maybe a little less challenging stuffs (not sure how Kabam thought Shang Chi Act 2 was a good idea when players are struggle to Parry and Dex affective to the game condition).

I can imagine, that lots of people involved are quite tired, from the players, to the forum admins, to the game development team. So until the game status is more stable, maybe let keep thing simple.

Anyway just my 2 cents