**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

So what is the "lore" behind the summoner's strenght?

Was just wondering this when going through my champs on a level-up event: At the early stages of the game, our champs are compelled to obey us from the effects of the ISO-sphere, but after going uncollected and throne breaker, I was wondering what ungodly power allows a mere mortal to control the likes of Dr. Doom, Apocalypse, freaking Mephisto and some others without them crushing us, never mind cooperating in teams?!

Do we still mind-control them? Are they all just alternative reality versions that follow without question? Is it the summoner itself taking on the forms or powers of the champs (a-la mystique style)?

Just bit of silly lore questions for fun

Comments

• Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    They put out a video for their anniversary, all I recall it showing was the summoner throwing crystals and the champions fighting. No actual indications to the answer, you decide I guess
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,385 ★★★★★
    Maybe fighting by the summoners side for such a long time built some kind of trust/bond Between them.
    My theory for why defender's are always wary of summoners is because they tend to have an endless supply of Full restores
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    They serve us out of eternal gratefulness for freeing them from their crystal jails.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Units.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    He’s a Pokemon trainer.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Avan_33 said:

...We then had to defeat Grandmaster(Thronebreaker, I think is the title for that) for some reason and Carina is in-charge now.

...so that we can change this place into something much more beautiful or something like that.

Summoner was also teleported to battlerealm somehow.

You need to be a better lore master.

I’m just kidding, I know even less
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I've Always imaged the summoner is secretly a kind of skrull and we are taking the form and powers of the champions for battle.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,542 ★★★★★
    Quite simple, we drug them with ISO
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

Aparoid said:

Was just wondering this when going through my champs on a level-up event: At the early stages of the game, our champs are compelled to obey us from the effects of the ISO-sphere, but after going uncollected and throne breaker, I was wondering what ungodly power allows a mere mortal to control the likes of Dr. Doom, Apocalypse, freaking Mephisto and some others without them crushing us, never mind cooperating in teams?!

Do we still mind-control them? Are they all just alternative reality versions that follow without question? Is it the summoner itself taking on the forms or powers of the champs (a-la mystique style)?

Are we secretly elders of universe?
    This is actually a theory I've had and it would make sense.
  • Options

Aparoid said:

Are we secretly elders of universe?
    This is a theory I would really get behind
  • Options
    Aparoid said:

I think that we just get their prisons and just let them out then control their bodies with our astral forms basically we’re the bad guys to

• Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Unio77 said:

Quite simple, we drug them with ISO

For real though, I always found that Unsettling. As well they get Stronger the more Iso-8 we feed them because it's basically dulling their senses more and more to make them less likely to Hold Back, that one Superior Spiderman moment is always the best example, in which Spiderman can Shake Your Hand with a Firm Grip but also could casually Punch Your Jaw Off without really trying...

Though I much prefer the concept brought in by the Anniversary Teaser where the Champions are basically kept in their Crystals like PokéBall's and that has some sort of Programming in it to make not want to kill us and listen to our Commands (or they just Respect you enough, still doesn't explain Doom who'd Heavy Slap you into Oblivion for talking down to him no matter what Universe he came from), and maybe the Iso-8 just Enhances their Current Powers.
  • Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★

They put out a video for their anniversary, all I recall it showing was the summoner throwing crystals and the champions fighting. No actual indications to the answer, you decide I guess

Basically a fancy Pokemon trainer
    Thanks, now I have cursed mental images of an anime summoner chucking crystals and screaming “Apocalypse, I choose you!”
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Also did you guys ever notice, every event quest story someone has problem regarding new champs in battle realm and it's always summoner who sorts it out?
    Like why should it always be summonor? And our champs we open from crystal we can use them anytime we want. Something like we control them just as collector, maestro, kang, grandmaster do/wanted to do. Like no champ questions us. Maybe iso-sphere isint the real Reward of content?
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    (guess we need matpat to do game theory on this?)
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    My questions have always been 1) why are there multiple forms, basically endless forms, of the same champion throughout the battle realm, 2) and why do we have to fight them regardless of their background, their backstory, or whatever it is we are trying to accomplish in that quest?

Best to not think about these things.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,840 ★★★★★
    MSRDLD said:

My questions have always been 1) why are there multiple forms, basically endless forms, of the same champion throughout the battle realm, 2) and why do we have to fight them regardless of their background, their backstory, or whatever it is we are trying to accomplish in that quest?

Best to not think about these things.

well, some are alternate universe versions and some are ensorcelled* Skrulls, as the motion comic for the Captain Marvel event showed.

*under the influence of magic IE, the Iso sphere