**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

On the new 5* crystal announcement

123457»

Comments

• NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    I agree with Mutamatt's points.

Welcome

Nothing wrong with CW. :)

Guess hes not WebSnatcher after all
  • EvenEven Posts: 3
    Give me shards back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. I honestly don't care at this point. This isn't a game changing bug that everyone should freak out about. Honestly, I won't deny seeing this coming for quite awhile. I also don't see why the higher tier players should be complaining if I'm being honest. Heck most of them already have most, if not all the 5* in the basic 5* crystal.

But if Kabam decides to compensate us, who am I to refuse freebies?? Can you even refuse freebies? :D
  • PharaohPharaoh Posts: 13
    Wonder who Pharaoh used to be.
    Use to be 1Pharaoh.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Not all of us are in the top tier alliances and that means that 5* shards are still quite a bit rare for us lower tier players.. Some of us haven't had the chance to duplicate even a basic 5* champion..
    I think it would be a great idea to release a 5* Class awakening gem to players depending on their rating like the 2nd compensation rewards for the big bad 12.0, so everyone at the mid level can at least have a duped/awakened 5* Champ or at least hope to be sure of one.. That's my opinion anyway.. I know a lot of us have champs we wanna dupe and then take to 4/55 but the addition of more champs to the basic 5* crystal means our chances of doing so are almost equal to none.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Neroa65 wrote: »
    Well everyone is entitled to their opinion. I honestly don't care at this point. This isn't a game changing bug that everyone should freak out about. Honestly, I won't deny seeing this coming for quite awhile. I also don't see why the higher tier players should be complaining if I'm being honest. Heck most of them already have most, if not all the 5* in the basic 5* crystal.

But if Kabam decides to compensate us, who am I to refuse freebies?? Can you even refuse freebies? :D

It has nothing to do with us having most of the 5* champs. It has to do with Kabam selling a crystal that is apparently our only viable shot at getting a 5* champ that has already been through it's second release. This means you wont see it again.

Ok so if you think this is your only chance at getting that dupe you need you are probably more inclined to buy it becasue its value to you is huge. Well now we see it's not huge value. It's just a bad look the way they do these things.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    Eh, I don't agree with mutamatt's post. Look, there's always a consequence. You chose to purchase an offer. You chose to save your shards for a featured. You chose to use your awakening gem on Ultron. These are all choices made by the player. Period. There is no arguing about that.

You can't always blame the company - blame yourselves. If you spend money - that's your decision. All of us that spend (or have spent) did so willingly. We make choices and our choices have consequences. This has happened over and over again. And because the guys at the top have been around this game a long time, you should damn sure know better. It's fool me TWICE shame one me. But this is like, what, the 15th time you've had the wool pulled over your eyes? There's only one person to blame in this scenario, and it's the man in the mirror.
  • Vetis09Vetis09 Posts: 2
    Some of the concerns I have are how the game team anticipates the have and have nots meeting in alliance wars as 4* champs will be greatly diminished in effectiveness compared to 5*. Matchmaking should be a huge focus before rolling out new content where 5* are essential. Speaking of new content it seems like Act 5 chapter 3 is going to be geared towards the 5* meta and if you do not have a full high leveled roster will it even be worth attempting? From a player standpoint I realize I do not have to attempt when it comes out but from a business standpoint the assumption would be you want a large pool of people attempting it on release for a variety of reasons that I'm sure you have considered.

My main concern though is the arenas. What changes will be made to arenas to compensate a 5* heavy meta? Will 5* featured champs be released directly instead of shards? Do you anticipate players continuing to grind for the 4* equivalent if it's overall end game effectiveness takes a nosedive?

Will you be lowering the prices of 4* crystals from 2500 units as the overall value is diminished? Will future deals on the likes of vision or deadpool also go down?

Please take a look at how the meta shift will affect every single aspect of the game and make the necessary adjustments prior to community backlash. Even though this seems like something to be excited about, the most I can muster is extremely cautious optimism.

Thank you nuts Mary for the prestige calculator and a well thought out original post that I mostly agree with. Hope you don't mind I added some
    Of my concerns to the thread.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    Pharaoh wrote: »
    Wonder who Pharaoh used to be.
    Use to be 1Pharaoh.

Oh hey. Thought it was you but hadn't seen you for a few months on the old forums.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    Neroa65 wrote: »

It has nothing to do with us having most of the 5* champs. It has to do with Kabam selling a crystal that is apparently our only viable shot at getting a 5* champ that has already been through it's second release. This means you wont see it again.

Ok so if you think this is your only chance at getting that dupe you need you are probably more inclined to buy it becasue its value to you is huge. Well now we see it's not huge value. It's just a bad look the way they do these things.
    So player's made assumptions and that is Kabam's responsibility?

Buyers got exactly what they paid for and something that won't be seen by anyone else who didn't spend the units, a guaranteed rare featured champion. And they got this deal for the equivalent of 1 unit per shard. People would buy it today still. Sorry for those with buyers remorse.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I don't get it.

You guys spent $500+ to get a shiny new 5* and are now complaining?

Serves you right for spending before all these bugs/issues were fixed.

I think you guys should compensate the rest of the player base for having to put up with these rediculous bugs for an extra month.
  • I agree. Spending 500$ as i did then back doored by the crystal changes is unacceptable
  • xoRIVALoxxoRIVALox Posts: 247
    I agree. Spending 500$ as i did then back doored by the crystal changes is unacceptable

I think it's slightly hilarious.

1) $500 for 3 game characters (which you don't even get to chose) im not even going to touch how stupidly people spend their money, just that for your money you continue to play games of chance, same as every day you log in
    2) did block proficiency/willpower nerf not alert you?
    3) did 12.0 not teach you anything? Just because EVERYONE lost their minds and changes got made doesn't mean it will happen every time
    4) when doesn't kabam offer ridiculously expensive offers (they know not to call them deals) then 2 days later laugh at all the spenders as they make the offers useless (awakenings/strange.. List goes on forever)
    5) were 5* not supposed to be part of the game? When the release of act 5 was announced miike clearly stated the game is transitioning to a 5* world
    6) it's business, no point releasing this bulletin THEN offering the deal
    7) after 12.0 how many of you promised to never spend again....AND STILL ARE!

7 bothers me the most. The more you guys spend, the less kabam is concerned about either fixing bugs or changing complete game bs. You guys have all the power, yet can't even use it appropriately. You all may as well give them your bank accounts so that they can shut down the game permanently a day later
  • C0atHang3rC0atHang3r Posts: 78
    edited May 2017
    Super shady business dealings by kabam. Buyers did NOT get what they paid for.
  • DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    C0atHang3r wrote: »
    Super shady business dealings by kabam

Kabam is looking out for the best of our interest just like how President Trump is looking out for the best of America's interest with travel bans! B)
  • edited May 2017
    Kabam Mike wrote:
    Alright, time to close this down.

Thank you guys fore the feedback, but we have no plans at this time to issue any rank down tickets or additional items/shards for the addition of 5-Star Champions to the Crystals. Rank down tickets will only be available when changes are made to a particular character that makes them function differently than how they did before, not because there might be another new champion that you might like more now.

We periodically add new Champions to the Crystals, and it's been quite some time since we added more Champions to the 5-Star crystal. New champions have not changed the abilities of older ones.

From the other thread,

is this like "no plans to offer" like "no plans to add quake to the 5* crsytal"

or is it like "no plans" like EVER.

im struggling how to interpret this

• DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    mutamatt wrote: »
    Kabam Mike wrote:

Thank you guys fore the feedback, but we have no plans at this time to issue any rank down tickets or additional items/shards for the addition of 5-Star Champions to the Crystals. Rank down tickets will only be available when changes are made to a particular character that makes them function differently than how they did before, not because there might be another new champion that you might like more now.

We periodically add new Champions to the Crystals, and it's been quite some time since we added more Champions to the 5-Star crystal. New champions have not changed the abilities of older ones.

From the other thread,

No plans as in no plans until we figure out on new ways to piss off players and make some insane profits on the way. B)
    edited May 2017
    Kabam Mike wrote:

From the other thread,

It's impossible to tell. They will say one thing and do another at their will. It's their game they can tarnish it as they please sadly. The only line you'll get on anything now days is "not at this time."
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    C0atHang3r wrote: »
    Kabam Mike wrote:

From the other thread,

It's impossible to tell. They will say one thing and do another at their will. It's their game they can tarnish it as they please sadly. The only line you'll get on anything now days is "not at this time."

I love you.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    @mutamatt - It's probably like "we have no plans to add another adjustment package cutoff at 200k pi."

In other words, expect them to silently give out ninja rewards in the middle of the night in a retroactive way that will give a select number of random players special game changing rewards.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam Mike wrote:

From the other thread,

Shouldn't need to interpret it at all. They have no plans to change why rank down tickets are issued and he explains why they are issued.
    Like I said they'll do as they please and we jus have to "adjust"
  • Hey guys,

We already answered this in another thread that has already been quoted here, so I'm gonna just copy and paste that here.

Thank you guys for the feedback, but we have no plans at this time to issue any rank down tickets or additional items/shards for the addition of 5-Star Champions to the Crystals. Rank down tickets will only be available when changes are made to a particular character that makes them function differently than how they did before, not because there might be another new champion that you might like more now.

This discussion has been closed.