**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

what's with the overtuned side quest?

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    IcsGrec said:

The difficulty seems to be too hard for Legendary and is more in tune with the End Game players in mind (Read: Gauntlet or Summer of Pain TB Objectives)

I feel like the difficulty is fine for those type of players that want that challenge.

I don't feel it's the proper level of difficulty for an event that you had to do an entire month of solo objectives to gain entry and then have such ridiculous cheese against you whilst the game is not working properly.

I hope this even gets nerfed by Kabam a bit for the mass but personally, I can handle it but it's definitely not "fun" for even me.

I'm sorry, how is this anywhere near comparable to Gauntlet or SOP?
    Honestly, that Agent Venom was harder than most of the SOP fights for me.
    Hmm, I haven't done the AV one.. but now I'm curious..
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Maybe the access to Legendary difficulty is being extended to players it shouldn't be. Now days, there's a philosophy about this game that if one has access to a piece of content, that it should be tuned for them specifically. That's never been the case in the past.

There's always been an assortment of players who have access to something. And the level of individual difficulty you experience is based on your own personal progression (both roster and combat experience)...within your progression bracket. Here's why this is ok: Think about it this way. If a player is finding a piece of content they've been given access to difficult, it likely means the rewards are more valuable to your account than someone who doesn't find it difficult.

The relative value of rewards also scales up with the relative difficulty of the content. If that makes sense. 500 6 star shards, for example, is likely more impactful to one's account if they find the quest difficult. And it's less impactful for someone who does not. This kind of balances things in a way.

We had legendary solo events in the past, and it never was that hard to beat. Never. This is "special event" material, just like Shang Chi bonus round.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I did the symbiote spidey quest and it’s was pretty straightforward.

Drax and wolverine on the path with bubble shield. I used moleman and ghost without any issues.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    Siliyo said:

Just because Preview was just implemented, I don’t think it should be expected of players to automatically get used to the function. I screwed up and used one of my antibodies. Venompool had Polka Dot Power and I obviously didn’t have a debuff heavy champion. Some may say I could’ve use the Preview function, but that doesn’t cut it for it being the first month this feature has been out.

I did the same. I unit'd my way through but I had Agent Venom with unblockable after 10 hits for 30 seconds and only brought Aegon and Rhulk since I thought it was the same for everyone. 100% my fault though.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Just because Preview was just implemented, I don’t think it should be expected of players to automatically get used to the function. I screwed up and used one of my antibodies. Venompool had Polka Dot Power and I obviously didn’t have a debuff heavy champion. Some may say I could’ve use the Preview function, but that doesn’t cut it for it being the first month this feature has been out.

I did the same. I unit'd my way through but I had Agent Venom with unblockable after 10 hits for 30 seconds and only brought Aegon and Rhulk since I thought it was the same for everyone. 1005 my fault though.
    That must have hurt.

Dr. Zola
    IcsGrec said:

The difficulty seems to be too hard for Legendary and is more in tune with the End Game players in mind (Read: Gauntlet or Summer of Pain TB Objectives)

I feel like the difficulty is fine for those type of players that want that challenge.

I don't feel it's the proper level of difficulty for an event that you had to do an entire month of solo objectives to gain entry and then have such ridiculous cheese against you whilst the game is not working properly.

I hope this even gets nerfed by Kabam a bit for the mass but personally, I can handle it but it's definitely not "fun" for even me.

How? He has 264k health. Bring a nullify champ and you're fine.

Kabam seem to forget that they’re in the entertainment industry, and this is meant to be fun. There’s absolutely no enjoyment to be had here… in fact I’m starting to dread some of content to the point where I don’t do it.

Players seem to forget they're playing a game that provides challenges. There really isn't anything wrong with this difficulty at all. You can plan ahead and everything. It's the same Heath Pools as Cab difficulty.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    Would Bishop handle Agent Venom? He bypasses his shrug mechanic. You probably can't do parry heavy all the time because of the armor buff, but could he work?
    WhoDaPoo said:

Kabam: Hey dawg, I heard you liked the Summer of Pain difficulty so we put that difficulty into the difficulty of doing the same fights every day for a month so that you can have some more difficulty with your difficulties.

It's not even close to that.
    edited October 2021
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

IcsGrec said:

It isn’t terrible. I took Doom+Wags and used prefight to get around tenacity.

He has aggro prowess and is unblockable with an Armor Up, which he gets every 10 hits you get on him.

So the key is stagger with Doom heavy, but you also need to keep prowess down via regular combos. The Sp1 with 10+ prowess stings. And if AV goes defensive, he builds them up quickly.

I just had consecutive fights with wacky hit boxes and couldn’t parry. Same stuff as past couple of months.

Dr. Zola
    To the disagree guy: do you argue it is terrible, that my assessment of the fight is inaccurate, that my team choice was a poor one?

Not trying to provoke—I think we are all working to figure it out. Enlighten us.

Dr. Zola
    You're spot on except he has Ebb and Flow- Knockdown as well.
    altavista said:

Would Bishop handle Agent Venom? He bypasses his shrug mechanic. You probably can't do parry heavy all the time because of the armor buff, but could he work?

No, you need a nullify champ.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

How about a duped DragonMan and a Wags ( for pre-fight) for that Roblin? Sounds like a good counter to me and n theory

*DM cannot outdamage that masochism
    altavista said:

That’s the quest I will likely do all 28 days. Doom+White Mags worked fine, except for mechanics issues I encountered.

But I’d be happy to try another team if anyone has suggestions.

Dr. Zola

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

IcsGrec said:

It isn’t terrible. I took Doom+Wags and used prefight to get around tenacity.

He has aggro prowess and is unblockable with an Armor Up, which he gets every 10 hits you get on him.

So the key is stagger with Doom heavy, but you also need to keep prowess down via regular combos. The Sp1 with 10+ prowess stings. And if AV goes defensive, he builds them up quickly.

I just had consecutive fights with wacky hit boxes and couldn’t parry. Same stuff as past couple of months.

Dr. Zola
    To the disagree guy: do you argue it is terrible, that my assessment of the fight is inaccurate, that my team choice was a poor one?

Not trying to provoke—I think we are all working to figure it out. Enlighten us.

Dr. Zola
    You're spot on except he has Ebb and Flow- Knockdown as well.
    Forgot about that. Got to knockdown to get a fury and not get damage reduction.

Here it is…

Dr. Zola