**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is the Side Quest really that bad?

For context: I’m a Cavalier player, but have only progressed to 6.2.1 in Story Mode.

After all the negative feedback on the forum regarding the difficulty of this month’s Side Quest, I was like, screw it… I’m going for a run in Legendary to see how hard it really is. To be honest, it’s not that bad. Well the quest I chose anyway.

I decided to run Quest 3 (Symbiotic Enhancement Hive), which gives 7 x 5* sig stone crystals, 500 x 6* shards, and 10 x Klyntar Katalysts. (By the end of the event that equals 196 x 5* sig stone crystals, 14,000 x 6* shards, and 280 x Klyntar Katalysts.) I’ve got a few 5* champs I want to max sig, and I need to expand my 6* roster, so this quest was an easy choice for me. (I also noted that if I do Epic, I won’t be able to max out the Summoned Symbiote: Epic will only give a max of 168 Klyntar Katalysts – the Symbiote needs 240 to reach Rank 5!)

Drax and Symbiote Spidey were no match for my 5* Venom (5/65 sig 200), and my 5* Red Magneto (5/65 sig 1) made Wolverine look very silly indeed!

I’ll be interested to hear any alternative champs y’all have used as counters to the above 3 defenders.

(Fingers crossed that I don’t pull a champ like 6* Iron Patriot with the shards from this Side Quest.)

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited October 2021
    I appreciate the thoughtfulness you put into your post. I think the side quest difficulty depends on which quest you choose. AV gets a lot of gripes that are justified in my view. Others seem more straightforward.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Mole man works on sym Spidey.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    From what I've heard so far, the 3rd one with Symbiote Spidey is the easiest one & comparatively a lot easier than other chapters
    Agent Venom is being said to be the hardest, followed by Symbiote Supreme chapter
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 593 ★★
    Its not that difficult, it's just so monotonous. no real challenge and the rewards very lack luster. Well I guess the true reward is getting lil Steve and anti-venom....still such a boring and tedious event that in my opinion fell flat.
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Mole man works on sym Spidey.

This ^

Moleman, Prof X, Torch, Nick Fury - those are my best options, in that order.
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    edited October 2021
    Run quest 1, Agent venom will eat u with his just 1 sp1. Lol.
  • Options
    Mik81Mik81 Posts: 80
    Falcon does well against the Cosmic Spider.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    On the bright side, these quests provide the team with a proven framework for how to buff Agent Venom so he’s useful.

Dr. Zola